The Kings of Wanneroo

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

The Kings of Wanneroo

Postby Zoidberg » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:31 pm

Anyone going? I'd love to but it's the same weekend as the Snowy Run. Following is some of the press release:

November 6- 7- 8th 2009 will see the running of the Kings International motorcycle race meeting at Barbagallo Raceway Wanneroo for the 2nd year in a row.

Following the success of the 2008 inaugural event, the Motorcycle Racing Club of WA will again host the event at Barbagallo Raceway Wanneroo.

This is only the 3rd time in the history of motorcycle road racing in Western Australia that such a large number of international competitors will compete at Barbagallo Raceway. In 1972 it was the Pan Pacific Series finale that came to Perth featuring 5 international’s, and last year there were 9 internationals joined by the Australian Superbike Champion Glenn Allerton, who was the inaugural winner of the Kings International for 2008.

This year it’s the best ever! Twelve title winning international solo competitors plus a three times Superside FIM World Sidecar Champion.

The star studded line up features a contingent of high profile riders representing the UK, Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Isle of Man and Australia.

* Ryan Farquhar (N. Ire) Team KMR Kawasaki - multiple international road race wins at TT, Ulster GP and NW 200)
* Michael Laverty (N. Ire) Echo CRS Honda [World S/sport] & Celtic Racing [AMA] – 2008 British Supersport Champion
* Michael Swann (N. Ire) Irish Racer KTM – 10 times Irish Superbike Champion and currently freelance road tester
* Ian Lowry (N. Ire) Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing British Superbikes
* Keith Amor (Scotland) Wilson Craig Honda Team, podium placegetter 2009 Isle of Man TT races, multi circuit race winner
* Ian Lougher (Wales) Team Black Horse Yamaha – 30 international victories
* Conor Cummins (IOM) McAdoo Racing Kawasaki & Team Black Horse Yamaha – the youngest rider at only 22 yrs of age he is one of international road racings brightest young stars.
* Guy Martin (UK) Hydrex Honda – podium placegetter Isle of Man TT and Ulster GP race winner.
* Simon Andrews (UK) MCC Kawasaki – one of British Superbike Championship’s brightest new talents.
* Brendan Roberts (Aus) 2008 World Superstock Championship Winner
* Cameron Donald (Aus) Relentless Suzuki Team rider of British Superbikes & North West 200 plus double TT winner in 2008).
* The Irish Superbike Champion for 2009 – Championship yet to be decided
* Special Guest of the event will be Australia’s own World Champion – Andrew Pitt - Winner of the 2001 and 2008 World Supersport Championships.

They will be joined by our own leading West Australian’s Ben Stronach, Ben Henry, Cameron Keevers and hopefully last year’s Kings International Winner, Australia’s own Glenn Allerton.
Glen is currently leading this year’s Australian Superbike Championship and is yet to confirm that he will be a starter pending his leading margin in the Championship with the final round to be held at Phillip Island on the last weekend of November.

PLUS
* U.K. Team of Tim Reeves and passenger Dan Sayle (IOM) - three times Superside FIM World Sidecar Champion will also be competing for the first time in Australia. The Australian challenge will be led by Aussie Champions Shane Soutar and Jeff Rowe (Vic) , plus local Champions Darryn and Neal Walker, Warren Thompson & Justin Winchester and Trevor Clyma/ Paul Brider.

And as we go to print now confirmed to ride is Jeremy McWilliams – Multi British, Irish and World 250, 500 and motogp contender. Currently riding in the final two rounds of the German International Championships for KTM-Akrapovic Team and will be aboard the KTM RC8R at Barbagallo in November.

Barbagallo Raceway Wanneroo is the most isolated motor racing circuit in the world; it is also the home of motor racing in Western Australia. The circuit is located north of Perth. Main Entrance located end of Wattle Avenue, Neerabup, off Old Yanchep Road off Joondalup Drive (exit the Mitchell Freeway at Joondalup

It's a pretty ripping lineup and there's a coupla Kwaks that should be at the pointy end in Ryan Farquhar and Simon Andrews. Farquhar has won the Irish Road Racing Senior and Supertwins classes and leads the Supersport class. Simon Andrews was a huge chance to take a BSB win for Kawasaki til he was torpedoed by Josh Brookes. Hopefully Brendan Roberts has a competitive ride and can mix it up the front after a pretty disappointing year.
Ah, computer dating. It's like pimping but you rarely have to use the phrase "upside your head" - Bender Bending Rodríguez
Zoidberg
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Re: The Kings of Wanneroo

Postby Big Al Glynn » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:49 pm

faarrrrkk, that is one hell of a line up. 8)
I wish I was going, but there is no chance. :cry:
I hope it keeps up, so I can go in future.
Big Al
I told the wife I would be home after 8..... (I meant 8 Pints)
Big Al Glynn
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX9R
State: New South Wales

Postby Big Al Glynn » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:02 pm

This is far too good an event not to be televised, anybody know if it will be ?
Big Al
Big Al Glynn
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Big Al Glynn » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:09 pm

I may as well keep posting on this one as no one else is bothered :roll: .
I nearly wet myself when I saw the entry list. :oops: :oops:
And lets just say that that Kawasaki mounted Irish Motorcyclist of the Year 2009 (who was rated above Johnny Rea and Eugene Laverty) will be there 8) .
I notice Cameron Donald not entered, assumed still recovering from IOM crash. :( :(
Big Al
Big Al Glynn
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby MadKaw » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:53 pm

All I could find is the home page offering live results..

http://www.mcrcwa.com.au/index_pages/20 ... inpage.htm

The entry list has Ryan Farquhar on a Yamaha..!!

EVENT ? 15 LAPS
SUPERBIKE
No. Rider Origin Sponsor Machine
K Keith Amor Scot. Wellard Yamaha 1000
A Simon Andrews UK Flag Inn Motor Lodge Kawasaki1000
C Conor Cummins IOM Drilling & Grouting Services Yamaha 1000
R Ryan Farquhar N.Ire Inox Yamaha 1000
42 Shannon Johnson Aus KTM KTM RC8
L Ian Lougher Wales Five Star Yamaha Yamaha 1000
I Ian Lowry N.Ire WesTrac Suzuki 1000
G Guy Martin UK Vmoto Honda 1000
J Jeremy McWilliams N.Ire KTM KTM RC8
65 Jonathan Rea N.Ire
AS Alastair Seeley N.Ire Warp Speed Suzuki 1000
27 Daniel Stauffer Aus Allect Racing Yamaha 1000
S Michael Swann N.Ire KTM
7 Glen Radica WA Sponsors Wanted Yamaha 1000
9 Paul Cox WA Webtrack / Trakdayz Honda 1000
10 Tony Milner WA Homecraft Cabinets Yamaha 1000
18 Ben Henry WA Allect Racing / FiveStar Yamaha / Steel Blue / Inox /Belray / Shark Helmet / Berik / Underground Designs Yamaha 1000
20 Cameron Keevers WA Chapter One Brasserie / Motorcycle Panel & Paint / Rick Gill Honda / Keevers Rural Services / Trakdayz The Paddington Ale House Honda 1000
35 Ben Stronach WA Fraser Motorcycles / Drilling & Grouting Services / Total Motorcycle Accessories / Roo Racing /Country Chiropractic Ducati 1098S
38 Michael Moralee WA Honda 1000
41 Sebastian Montagu WA Diesel Motors Racing / GBH Earthmoving Yamaha 1000
45 Shane Martin WA Morris Lubricants / Rilusi / Austenitic Steel Products / Auto Smart / The Panel Shop Honda 1000
56 Ian Williams WA Yamaha 1000
60 Geoff Davies WA Trakdayz / Rick Gill Honda Honda 1000
77 Adam Senior WA Barclay Engineering / City Toyota /Silkolene Suzuki 1000
81 Wally Mulik WA Top End Audio Yamaha 1000
82 Josh Tacey WA Technical Resources / Pro Twin Ducati 1098S
90 Steve Chittendon WA Rockingham Powersports /Julstroy Contracting / Belray / RMD Tankers Honda 1000
91 Martin Mott WA Homecraft Cabinets / Trakdayz / Dyno Time Honda 1000
94 Ray Anset WA CCS / WA Hammar / Beyond Spirit / Witch Cycles / P.T.H Suzuki 1000
95 Gavin Carlini WA Mobile Motorcycle Medic/ Motul Oils/ Motorcycle Pit Stop Honda 1000
96 Kevin Boulton WA NRW / Rick Gill Motorcycles Honda 1000
120 Jack Tabain WA ICP Ceilings / Pro-Twin Ducati 1098R
143 Greg Clifton-Mogg WA Plums Ducati 1098
165 Justin Scott WA Barbados Tavern / Casella’s Bar & Grill / Rightway Industrial / Correctline Drainage & Contracting Kawasaki 1000
242 Cameron Gore WA Adventure Cams / Motorcycle Panel & Paint / Five Star Yamaha Yamaha 1000
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R

Postby dave#3 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Simon Andrews steers pretty well, but it's a shame to see Conor Cummins and Ryan Farquar on Yamaha's :(
dave#3 | '03 z1000 roadie | '08 zx6r tracky | '03 KLX400R dirty
http://www.oz4x4.net/gallery2
Winner - KSRC Murphy's Law Award 2008
dave#3
Team Ninja

Bike: Z1000

Postby MadKaw » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:30 pm

I'm hoping Ryan Farquar's entry is a miss print..
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Big Al Glynn » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:46 pm

MadKaw wrote:I'm hoping Ryan Farquar's entry is a miss print..

I doubt it Dave, seems a lot of the guys are on different bikes and with different sponsers, suppose its a big ask for their usual race season sponsors to pay the transport of machinery and mechanics halfway around the globe to OZ for a 'friendly' race, although I suspect some of the pure road racing men will also be taking in Macau which I think is 21st....
Big Al
Big Al Glynn
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby IsleofNinja » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:16 pm

Shane @ Rilusi goes alright - I'll be there for sure (a little closer than PI 4 me) :lol:
06 ZX10r , 95 ZX9r
97 GSF1200 project streetfighter
07 FXST

EXPERIENCE:ex_spear_ee_anse :noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest or internet.
IsleofNinja
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

State: Western Australia

Postby Big Al Glynn » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:39 pm

IsleofNinja wrote:Shane @ Rilusi goes alright - I'll be there for sure (a little closer than PI 4 me) :lol:

Good man Isle, I'm jealous, post up a race report on the KSRC then, and might look to you for travel tips for next years event :D
Big Al
Big Al Glynn
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby IsleofNinja » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:44 pm

Big Al Glynn wrote:[ and might look to you for travel tips for next years event :D

>Find your way across the Nullaboar to Norseman On the Wednesday
    > O/night stay at the Best Western (Next to the Caltex - Reef n Beef / Sticky date pud' reccomended)
    >Next day is a short (2hr) ride to my joint after doing the tourist lets looks at old gold mines thing in Norseman.
    >Beer n BBQ Thursday night with a few fellow motorcyclists --- remember that every one rides faster in their stories after the 3rd or so beer :lol:
    >Check over and refuel Friday morning and off to Perth via Toodyay approx 700km

Also refer Mel's 08/09 WA new years ironbutt blog for pointers ;)
06 ZX10r , 95 ZX9r
97 GSF1200 project streetfighter
07 FXST

EXPERIENCE:ex_spear_ee_anse :noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest or internet.
IsleofNinja
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

State: Western Australia

Return to General Racing Discussion