went for p's test today

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

went for p's test today

Postby itybitypiece » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:40 pm

and no pass for me,all i can say is if you are going off to do the p's test remember head check head check head check,and then another one to be sure
2011 candy burnt orange 650rl ninja
itybitypiece

Bike: ER6
State: New South Wales

Re: went for p's test today

Postby marksesh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:48 pm

Bigger mate. Yep that is the golden rule there. It will save you on the road as well. It's not just to posse you off. Trust me. Better luck next time.
Team 4 minutes behind everyone else.
marksesh
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX12R

Postby marksesh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:57 pm

Bloody auto correct.. meant to say bugger, and piss u off. Stupid smart phones.
Team 4 minutes behind everyone else.
marksesh
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX12R

Postby itybitypiece » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:08 pm

thing is that through out the whole day every thing was sweet ,headchecks ,every thing ,got to doing the test and just completely forgot .
itybitypiece

Postby laidback » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:43 pm

itybitypiece wrote:thing is that through out the whole day every thing was sweet ,headchecks ,every thing ,got to doing the test and just completely forgot .

Good luck next time...and I bet you wont forget to do the headcheck, and hopefully that will become a habit for the road. :kuda:
Roady - ZRX1200R
Tracky - ZX9R F1 Team Jerry Atric

I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.
laidback
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby Glen » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:51 am

That's a bugger mate. Did you rebook for the next week?

Get in the habit of head checking every time you move. I know a lot say it's a wank but I used to teach this course and trust me, one day it will save you....and really it's only got to save you once and it's all worthwhile
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby itybitypiece » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:15 pm

i understand that it may save my life one day and every time before i usually move off i say to myself head check or your gonna die,,,,,,,,,it wasnt until i actually came to do the test that the nerves kicked in,nervous about making a mistake,and then i forgot headchecks.feel bloody stupid but then again we hopefully learn from our mistakes...........

just really wanting to let people know,as probably has been mentioned many times in here head checks.

thing that does annouy me most is that i have until the 8th of april to redo the test ,and you think there is a booking free in that time ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,short answer nope.
i know i should have had ago at my p's earlier than in the last couple of weeks, in case of this situation.but boy is it frustrating.

so to all the learners going for the p's test HEADCHECKS
itybitypiece

Postby Mothy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Thanks for the tip. I want to go for my test pretty soon. I need a lot more practise at slow manouvers though. How does the ninja go with the u-turn tests & slalom between the cones? I heard that some of the bigger LAMS bikes can't do the u-turn...or am i just being misled?
NINJA!!!!NINJA!!!!NINJA!!!!
Mothy

Bike: Ninja 650

Postby Trox » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Sorry to hear you didn't pass itybitypiece, yeh headchecks are a major reason for a lot of people not passing but if you're doing it the rest of the time that's a good thing. Hopefully you can get in somewhere else to do the test before the 8th (might have to travel a little further) and can relax so the nerves don't throw you off again ;)

Good luck with yours Mothy, I did mine in a 250 so can't comment but maybe you could throw some markers in a carpark and see how you go. You can get the distances off either the RTA or the Wheel Skills websites (or both I cant remember), let us know how you go too
Road; 08 Z750
Track; 02 ZX6
Trox
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Z750

Postby red_dave » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:43 pm

red_dave
Team Kuda
Team Kuda

Bike: ZX6R
State: Queensland

Postby itybitypiece » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:54 am

the ninja650 will do the u turn but it is tight,i think the uturn is 6.3 meters i know the whole test information is available on the rta website with the distances .

beside the failing of the test though,i did find that after the day,that my slow speed riding had actually got better .
itybitypiece

Postby robracer » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:02 am

itybitypiece wrote:the ninja650 will do the u turn but it is tight,i think the uturn is 6.3 meters i know the whole test information is available on the rta website with the distances .

beside the failing of the test though,i did find that after the day,that my slow speed riding had actually got better .

Find the quiet carpark & practice the skills, practice till it hurts than go & nail that test :D
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby itybitypiece » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:03 am

here is the link for the test information , http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downloads/most.pdf
itybitypiece

Postby Glen » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:46 am

You sure they can't squeeze you in for a retest. You don't need to do the whole course again just turn up for the test. We used to always be able to get them sorted the following week, unless you had like 3 fails in one course.

Good luck with it mate.
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby pittster » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:35 am

I had a borowed a ZZR250 when i did my P's and i couldn't make the u turn the turning circle on these are the worst i have ever experienced.

Anyway in the practice i couldn't do it within the line, I said to the instructor it can't be done. So he had a go on the bike the only way he made it was, on entry rear brake on clutch loaded up put the very edge of his right check on the left of the seat leaned the bike all the way over and after the half way point powered out of the corner just missing the edge of the line.

He pulls up and said "yep that's the worst bike to do a u-turn I have been on" so in the end i touched the ground once mid u turn as this only lost me 1 point but still allowed me to pass. My mate was on a motard and he could do the uturn on a 5 cent coin :)
Kawasaki ZX-10R 2008 - R77 Yoshi full system, PC3 Custom Mapped, Benneli bar end mirrors, Puig Double Bubble, Radiator protector, CircuitOne Mirror blanks, Pazzo levers, Shift-I, etc
pittster
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R

Next

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion