Post a reply

Re: list me baddies?

Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:09 am

dilligaf wrote: stoppies are good too.

Especially after rain :lol: :lol:
Instant knob, just add water :roll: :lol:

Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:49 pm

not being prepared enough for a corner - check. Luckily I have such huge respect for my ride, typically I am way too slow into corners. Cant wait to have more local knowledge of the roads in the adelaide hills to attack them more aggressively. I am hoping to enter the hills on pickett range road at morphett vale and go from there. Plenty of good riding available I know. I drove past the cudlee creek cafe today on a day trip in the car with the wife and bub. Plenty of bikers there in the alfresco area! Cruiser crowd.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:36 pm

quickest way to sort out your cornering is to do an advanced riding course. stayupright in SA?

Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:56 pm

JStewart wrote:not being prepared enough for a corner - check. Luckily I have such huge respect for my ride, typically I am way too slow into corners. Cant wait to have more local knowledge of the roads in the adelaide hills to attack them more aggressively. I am hoping to enter the hills on pickett range road at morphett vale and go from there. Plenty of good riding available I know. I drove past the cudlee creek cafe today on a day trip in the car with the wife and bub. Plenty of bikers there in the alfresco area! Cruiser crowd.

Are you going on this ride?

http://www.ksrc-au.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... re#p546249

Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:48 pm

dilligaf wrote:every big stuff up I've seen has been someone thinking they're too fast into a corner, turning too early, panicking and hitting rear, target fixation, big long skid, hit armco or do a somersault or just disappear over the edge. wait for truck and/or ambulance. moaning and groaning can be involved. the ones I've seen have been left handers. often just after lunch.

Absolutely, I was too fast into a corner (for my limit) - misjudged required distance to slow down on a down hill gradient for a left hander (not all that long after lunch) - did all the above, panicked, still braking in to corner, stiffened up, ran wide, target fixated, couldn't get it leant over and yeh hit a 4wd goin the other way (stretched out sommersault), extremely lucky he swerved and didn't hit head on, lucky wearing correct gear and landed how I did and came out just a bit saw. Bike is written off!

Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:33 pm

JStewart wrote: I drove past the cudlee creek cafe today on a day trip in the car with the wife and bub. Plenty of bikers there in the alfresco area! Cruiser crowd.

They are usually about from late morning/arvo...
There are some great friendly regulars (not all green) to the cafe early morning, Lobe is another morning spot..
Post a reply