list me baddies?

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Re: list me baddies?

Postby Possum » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:09 am

dilligaf wrote: stoppies are good too.

Especially after rain :lol: :lol:
Instant knob, just add water :roll: :lol:
It all comes down to how you ride it.....
Possum
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z1000
State: Western Australia

Postby Rikodeine » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:49 pm

not being prepared enough for a corner - check. Luckily I have such huge respect for my ride, typically I am way too slow into corners. Cant wait to have more local knowledge of the roads in the adelaide hills to attack them more aggressively. I am hoping to enter the hills on pickett range road at morphett vale and go from there. Plenty of good riding available I know. I drove past the cudlee creek cafe today on a day trip in the car with the wife and bub. Plenty of bikers there in the alfresco area! Cruiser crowd.
Rikodeine

Bike: ZX6R
State: South Australia

Postby dilligaf » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:36 pm

quickest way to sort out your cornering is to do an advanced riding course. stayupright in SA?
That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900
State: Victoria

Postby seiko1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:56 pm

JStewart wrote:not being prepared enough for a corner - check. Luckily I have such huge respect for my ride, typically I am way too slow into corners. Cant wait to have more local knowledge of the roads in the adelaide hills to attack them more aggressively. I am hoping to enter the hills on pickett range road at morphett vale and go from there. Plenty of good riding available I know. I drove past the cudlee creek cafe today on a day trip in the car with the wife and bub. Plenty of bikers there in the alfresco area! Cruiser crowd.

Are you going on this ride?

http://www.ksrc-au.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... re#p546249
Policy - Find something simple.....and Complicate it!
seiko1
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX14R
State: Victoria

Postby Trox » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:48 pm

dilligaf wrote:every big stuff up I've seen has been someone thinking they're too fast into a corner, turning too early, panicking and hitting rear, target fixation, big long skid, hit armco or do a somersault or just disappear over the edge. wait for truck and/or ambulance. moaning and groaning can be involved. the ones I've seen have been left handers. often just after lunch.

Absolutely, I was too fast into a corner (for my limit) - misjudged required distance to slow down on a down hill gradient for a left hander (not all that long after lunch) - did all the above, panicked, still braking in to corner, stiffened up, ran wide, target fixated, couldn't get it leant over and yeh hit a 4wd goin the other way (stretched out sommersault), extremely lucky he swerved and didn't hit head on, lucky wearing correct gear and landed how I did and came out just a bit saw. Bike is written off!
Road; 08 Z750
Track; 02 ZX6
Trox
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Z750
State: New South Wales

Postby Possum » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:33 pm

JStewart wrote: I drove past the cudlee creek cafe today on a day trip in the car with the wife and bub. Plenty of bikers there in the alfresco area! Cruiser crowd.

They are usually about from late morning/arvo...
There are some great friendly regulars (not all green) to the cafe early morning, Lobe is another morning spot..
It all comes down to how you ride it.....
Possum
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z1000
State: Western Australia

Previous

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion