going for P'S test

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

going for P'S test

Postby mullagii » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:07 pm

hi guys im going for my p's this weknd... what should i be expecting? im a lil nervous.
mullagii

Bike: Ninja 250
State: New South Wales

Re: going for P'S test

Postby h.b.bear » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:36 pm

nothing to worry about i done mine 3wks ago,i first thought i was doing the test through out the day when we were doing the cones ect but that was more of a lesson,at the end of the day they set out another course which involves what you practised and takes about 5 min max to complete,thats where you cant put your feet down,stall it or run over cones but remember do your head checks.goodluck
h.b.bear
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZRX

Postby Trox » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:10 pm

+1 don't stress mate, I did mine in July, everyone there passed, you practise through out the day with advice and help from the instructor and peers doin the test as well. Just be relaxed and don't forgot the headchecks (do the head checks during the day and it will be natural in the test) If you put your foot down or whatever during the day don't let it get to you, it was just a moment and just relax again ;) best of luck
Road; 08 Z750
Track; 02 ZX6
Trox
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Z750

going for P'S test

Postby potta9 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Just like riding through a busy carpark . They focus mainly on your slow riding skills with A short road ride. A very good day overall and it should teach you a thing or two on your slow technique listen to your instructor and you should be fine
potta9
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: Z1000

Postby HeWasANinja » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:42 pm

Don't panic mate... As everyone said you practice throughout the day.. When the instructors see your confident and capable throughout the day they will be a little more lenient when it's test time... Relax remember the head checks and take your time and you'll be fine... Best of luck mate...
HeWasANinja
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX6R

Postby mullagii » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:11 pm

thanx guys, that puts my mind at ease a bit. ill let you all know how i go!
im sort of a newbie to this site and am not that great with computers, so been trying to figure out how to check everything out on the site but not doing a fantastic job..... is there anyone here who goes on rides aound the central coast NSW?
mullagii

Postby Jai-Dee » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:17 am

Hi mullagii. How did your P's go? Im from the coast near Doylo. Once my hubby gets his ZX6 back on the road we could meet up for a ride? Im looking at getting my P's soon. Did you go through Tuggerah? I have to say im a little nervous too attending the test but am fairly confident as Im out there everyday learning :D
Jai-Dee

Postby kiwi-jono » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:47 pm

going for my red p's this wed hopefully the weather will be good, if not bugger i guess lol. Will be good to finally get off my Legend plates and move up to the p's lol at least ill be legal now heading to mcas via james ruse drive lol
kiwi-jono
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ER6

Postby Trox » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:14 pm

Don't worry too much about the weather kiwi-jono, mine was a little damp and had no issues, my girlfriend just (early last month) done her L's in the soaking wet and was fine, those sort of speeds aren't going to present much drama more just make the day uncomfortable...perhaps if you haven't got some wet weather gear yet maybe go grab some. :lol:
Enjoy, best of luck, dont forget the head checks and let us know how u go ;)
Road; 08 Z750
Track; 02 ZX6
Trox
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby dickfaber » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:47 pm

i had to do mine (long story, boils down to an rta fcukup at licence renewal time; timely reminder to all, check you licence before you leave the rta, because when (not if) they make a mistake, and you dont see it 'til later; stiff shit) again.
it was biblical rain, the ride around the neighbourhood was atrocious as it was so hard the instructor couldn't see the entire group. still all but one passed, and the fail was a derp who dropped their bike at least 12 times before leaving the grounds of the training centre!

just take your time, be as safe as you can, and remember to do your head checks!
I am a bilingual illiterate; i can't read or write in two different languages
dickfaber
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby kiwi-jono » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:18 pm

hey guys little update got my p's, it wasnt the smoothest ive ever ridden, a lack of slow speed riding is probably a result of that but i passed thats the main thing. very light shower at the end of the day during testing. i did make one boo boo no head check at the start of the first part, but the rest was all good
kiwi-jono
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby kawa 06 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:16 pm

sorry abit late but congrates :kuda:
kawa 06
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Trox » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:15 pm

Well done mate, keep the heads checks up out on the road too ;) good work in a bit of wet too.
Road; 08 Z750
Track; 02 ZX6
Trox
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby ninja bob » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:04 am

grtz on the pass, i rember doin my p test i forgot my first head check 2 X D lol ah well.

there was 1 guy in my class who failed cause he missed 3 head checks =s idk how he keep missin em considerign the instructed kept hintin at him to rember them every try!

but as some 1 else said keep up the head checks they save lives i almost wiped myself out on the road b4 if it wasnt for a alst minet head check ild b road kill
Current ride
1999 zx6r

Previous road bikes
1999 zzr1100
1998 ZX6r (was a great bike)
1982 cb250n

Wish list
1999 ZX9r (always loved these)
ninja bob
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX6R

Postby TyM2Go » Tue May 08, 2012 7:49 pm

heading for my p's as well, may 16th is the day gotta practice a lot more slow riding after the little incident up at oph. Right hand slow turns give me a massive feeling the bike is going to tip over which, when i attempted about a month back ( yea i know shouldn't have been riding) but still didn't let the bike hit the floor came pretty close to laying it down on the road. Any tips on low speed you turns that is basically my major concern because if it comes to doing a right hand u turn i am pretty much fucked
To be old and wise,first you need to be young and stupid
2011 Ninja 250r SE - Poison Ivy

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮the police.
TyM2Go
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Next

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion