My first off

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Re: My first off

Postby GPZ_Jim » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:34 pm

yeh chalk it up as a learning experience :) at the end of the day if we never make mistakes how do we learn? :kuda:

if u don't wanna jump into a CSS yet have a go at the intermediate stay upright course.. only prob is cos its a half day it'll be over so quick but ya don't need leathers cos its done on a small loop of EC... something to ponder anyways :)
GPZ_Jim
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: GPz500
State: New South Wales

Postby Trox » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:13 pm

No worries dilligaf, just wasn't sure what u were askin :)

Little update;
buffed out a fair amount of the scratches on the fairing,
scraped the mirror edge with a blade so it doesn't look so noticeable or bad,
bent my gear shift pedal and clutch lever back into place - both seem to feel pretty good (just going up the end of the road and back) :kuda: but the clutch lever seems to have a bit more vertical play in it than before :? ,
indicator lamp finally arrived today so I've picked that up and will install tomorrow - hopefully that ought to rectify the indicator issue.
now just to wait for my handlebar (lookin like the end of the month :( )
Road; 08 Z750
Track; 02 ZX6
Trox
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Z750

Postby Trox » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:37 pm

Yay, Indicators work :)
boo, couldn't get my bar end screw off, even with an impact driver although I've never used or seen one used before so maybe I'm just not hitting it hard enough?? or I could be using it wrong but it seems fairly logical (tips gotta spin anticlockwise when you hit it), Ill have another go Friday arvo.
Road; 08 Z750
Track; 02 ZX6
Trox
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby geof.sharp » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:13 pm

G'day

Good to see you are ok
I remember my first off on my 2 week old Ninja 250r, I was doing it at less than a km an hour, left my disc lock on, only damage was a slightly bent shift pedal and some pride, damn that bike can be heavy when it is on top of you and you are trying to stop it hitting the bitumen. Thankyou to the bloke who came over and lifted the bike off of me.

Cheers
geof.sharp

Postby Trox » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:58 pm

Thanks mate,

After trying again that Friday I ended up breaking the bit but I got some help with a better quality tool and got it loose but we tightened it back on, bent it all back in place (hadn't bent that far) and when the new parts arrived didn't bother putting them on. I've been for a few rides since, done some reading and got some more experienced advice and am coming along well (feeling smoother at the same speeds).
I guess you came off pretty luck as well :)
Road; 08 Z750
Track; 02 ZX6
Trox
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby mullagii » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:22 pm

glad that you are ok, i havnt come off YET but managed to drop my bike... very imbarrising. kicking myself for it. managed to drop it on the exhaust side too so nice and scratched...
mullagii

Bike: Ninja 250

Previous

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion