Mate ( luck boy ) buy a lotto ticket glad your ok :kuda:
kawa 06
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Z750
State: New South Wales

Re: My first off

Postby GPZ_Jim » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Sorry to read about your mishap, but glad you and the bike mostly got away intact! :)
GPZ_Jim
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: GPz500

Postby Trox » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Cheers guys,

Got some parts ordered now;
Handlebar through Amazon, thought I read it would be delivered the 19th but is actually the 29th :(
Although wasn't so necesary got a new gear shift pedal from there as well - same company ( ;) Nelso)
believe it or not the local Supercheap and the local Bike shop didn't have an indicator lamp so that'll be comin Friday (extra one for good measure)

So in the meantime I've started checkin out leathers (thus anyone that's goin to Marulan this Sunday b preped for a couple questions :lol: ) and bit o luck should have the bike ready just as I obtain my leathers :D
Road; 08 Z750
Track; 02 ZX6
Trox
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby smithy5 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:18 pm

Trox wrote:thus anyone that's goin to Marulan this Sunday b preped for a couple questions :lol: :D

I'm good with answering questions, if your good with tyre warmers, refueling and esky duties :lol: :lol:
2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455
SRT Survivor & Oficial Photographer
smithy5
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Scooter

Postby Jonno » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:44 pm

smithy5 wrote:
Trox wrote:thus anyone that's goin to Marulan this Sunday b preped for a couple questions :lol: :D

I'm good with answering questions, if your good with tyre warmers, refueling and esky duties :lol: :lol:

iamwithstupid.gif

support is always welcome :kuda:
Last edited by Jonno on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Postby Trox » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:47 pm

smithy5 wrote:

:lol:
Nup :lol:

Well there is some truth to that, basically nothing bout tyre warmers, I can refuel from a servo :) and seeing as I'm driving I'd prolly do alright with the esky.
I know ur only messin round but helpin with some o that stuff will enable me to learn (long as I get time to meet, experience and view the rest of the day)
Road; 08 Z750
Track; 02 ZX6
Trox
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby EDU » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:12 am

I'd get some adjustable rearsets too if I were you... raising your pegs my save your bacon next time. Not sure if they make them for the 250s though.
EDU
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX6R

Postby stetto » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:53 am

Stock pegs hinge for a reason ed, rearsets r good for the track where u can use the clearance they give. Id suggest doin a couple of california superbike schools, cause u shouldn't b scrapping pegs on the road, and if u r and change to rearsets and they touch u will unload the suspension even quicker

sent from my Android using Tapatalk
stetto
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Dafuzz31 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Unlucky about the off........bike is in good nick considering. something to remember.....bette rhtne my 1st off changing lanes over wet tram tracks
2009 ZX-6r Monster Energy Edition - Hotbodies MGP Growler slipon, DynoJet PCV, Dyno Jet Auto Tune, K&N Race Airfilter
Dafuzz31
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: Victoria

Postby dilligaf » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:21 pm

stetto wrote: Id suggest doin a couple of california superbike schools, cause u shouldn't b scrapping pegs on the road,

+1. By the look of the scratches you were on the wrong line?
Sorry to hear about the off though. Glad you are OK and the bike is fixable.
That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900

Postby ducati_paul » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Take it easy for fux sake you're still learning! you're bloody lucky you didn't take out another bike coming the other way, Mac pass is popular for bikes and no place to be exceeding your limits! :roll:
2012 Royal Enfield Military for the Road
ducati_paul
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Nelso » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:16 pm

dilligaf wrote:
stetto wrote: Id suggest doin a couple of california superbike schools, cause u shouldn't b scrapping pegs on the road,

+1. By the look of the scratches you were on the wrong line?
Sorry to hear about the off though. Glad you are OK and the bike is fixable.

He starts to slide way before the gouge marks. His line doesn't look too bad, he started to tip in from near the centre line and was close to the left of the road at the apex when it started to slide which is why he stopped sliding on his side of the road and the bike slid just into the other lane. When you looked at his rear tyre it wasn't spinning when it let go, it just slid sideways. It still had the wax on it on the edges (chicken strips) and there was chain lube all over that side of the tyre so I'd say he just lent it a bit further than usual, hit the slippery edge of the tyre and it let go, but because of inexperience he couldn't save the slide.

Leanne and I have rode with Troy and he isn't one of those learners who push too hard and are an accident waiting to happen. Occasionally learners fuck up, which I think is what has happened here, contributed to by a lack of knowledge about cleaning tyres with Prepsol. Luckily for him it was on a slow corner, he was in the right part of the lane and there was nothing coming the other way to hit his bike. We have discussed CSS or Stay Upright courses with him as well as the benifits of leathers and to his credit he has listened and has every intention of doing what is needed to become a safer rider.
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby Trox » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:20 pm

dilligaf, if u mean by "on the wrong line" I had a bad line then that I think is true, but if u mean over the centre line then no, by the time I stopped sliding I was still on my side however my bike did stop in the other lane..........which leads me to
ducati_paul, I am still learning and am bloody lucky, I walk away from this learning something and take what u guys say constructively. I assure u I wont be pushing that hard through Mac Pass again and will be trying something that another person here has said to - "To go fast you first have to go slow" This makes sense to me. I intend on taking a couple of lessons of california superbike school as well. I would get angry to hurt myself, I would feel horrible to hurt someone else
Road; 08 Z750
Track; 02 ZX6
Trox
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Trox » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:25 pm

:lol: thanks Nelso, I shoulda waited longer b4 posting, we musta been writing at the same time
Road; 08 Z750
Track; 02 ZX6
Trox
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby dilligaf » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:29 pm

meant wrong line. not being critical cause we all stuff it up occasionally, but encouraging you to do a course.
That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900

PreviousNext

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion