New Owner/Rider/Bike ... yay ! =)

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Re: New Owner/Rider/Bike ... yay ! =)

Postby Gav » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:29 pm

Wattie wrote:Howdy 8)

1. Use front and rear. Front is the Primary braking tool. rear is more for stabilising or just washing a little bit of speed off in a corner. Your rear brake wont feel like its doing much at all.

2. you sit on the bike and pull it backwards. or stand next to it and pull it backwards. But yes, forward thinking is the best way to go ;)

3. Piss easy. if you can change a tyre on a car. you will be able to change a slip on exhaust. Its 1 bolt and 1 clamp and its slips on/off.

Most here will say dont bother with the exhaust, it wont make much performance difference. just makes more noise which will attract generally negative attention.
BBut if you want to make some noise, go nuts and chuck a pipe on 8)

Enjoy your stay! :kuda:

You're the best Dave.. :)
Gav
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: GPz500
State: New South Wales

Postby myk0ol » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:04 pm

Hey Guys !! Riding is going well, still trying to do U- turns and sharp turns but I still worry about falling over lol.

But besides that everything is good. Some mods I wish to purchase in the next couple of days are :

1 - New plates... Im ordering [MYKOL] as I type this..
2 - Yoshimura TRC SS Slip on from ebay.. as I cant find it anywhere else and price seems reasonable.
3 - Fender eliminator - Im not sure what brand as I've seen a few... any suggestions ?
4 - White headlight bulbs as I dont like yellow much lol is there a way to turn off the headlight as its always on? besides taking out the fuse?

THANKS ALL !! :kuda:
myk0ol

Bike: Ninja 250
State: New South Wales

Postby Jonno » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:14 pm

myk0ol wrote:Hey Guys !! Riding is going well, still trying to do U- turns and sharp turns but I still worry about falling over lol.

But besides that everything is good. Some mods I wish to purchase in the next couple of days are :

1 - New plates... Im ordering [MYKOL] as I type this..
2 - Yoshimura TRC SS Slip on from ebay.. as I cant find it anywhere else and price seems reasonable.
3 - Fender eliminator - Im not sure what brand as I've seen a few... any suggestions ?
4 - White headlight bulbs as I dont like yellow much lol is there a way to turn off the headlight as its always on? besides taking out the fuse?

THANKS ALL !! :kuda:

Use the rear brake and a bit more throttle to keep the momentum in tight turns ;)

Some fender elims are illegal when fitted but go ahead anyway.
Headlight by law has to remain on at all times unless its pre 1985 or some date they brought that law in?
The rest is bling and I dont do bling unless it has a significant increase in performance. 8)
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Previous

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion