Headlight adjustment 2009 EX250J?

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Headlight adjustment 2009 EX250J?

Postby MotoAngel » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi there, I am a new rider that has a 2009 Ninja EX250J. I am not finding the manual very helpful regarding adjusting the headlights. I can see extremely well at night, however, it appears that I must be blinding other drivers. A number of people flash me at night as they must think I have highbeams on.
I cannot for the life of me locate the adjuster screws that are supposed to be located near the right handlebar. There is simply nothing there and it does not look anything like the picture. I must either be missing it, or there must be another place where they are located. Another forum I looked at said you had to take of the fairing and look at the back of the light directly.
Any help (or pictures of where I am supposed to look!) would be very much appreciated.
Cheers ;)
MotoAngel

Bike: Ninja 250
State: Queensland

Re: Headlight adjustment 2009 EX250J?

Postby Arkup » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:24 pm

Hi, this is only a hunch, and going on previous experience there's usually an spring loaded adjustment screw on the left hand side of the headlight about 1/2 way up between the fairing and the actual light itself looking from the front towards the light. Sounds like maybe the beam is going a bit to the right
(oncoming trafic). If you find the adjuster park infront of your garage or a wall and turn the screw clockwise to adjust it to the left. You should see the beam move across. Also from previous experience there is usually an adjustment fo up and down, you may have to look from underneath the headlight to see it. there may be a bolt locking onto a curved shape slot which is attatched to thwe bottom of the headlight. I would adjust one at a time. You shouldn't have to take your fairing off to adjust the headlight. Good luck. It is important as you are aware, to have the light adjusted to the right height. That part is trial and error, depending on where you ride. ;)
Arkup
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Re: Headlight adjustment 2009 EX250J?

Postby philbo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:08 pm

its a bitch trying to adjust the headlight. Had to replace the globe and it was a bitch took hours hidden screws behind fairings.
Had people flash there lights at me all the time, but its better that they can actually see you. The only thing you will do is drop the angle the light throws out. It will still be bright.
So honestly leave it for your safety you can see well at night which is a bonus and means others wont have a reason to not see you.
KEEPIN'IT REAL ON THE WESS SIDE

DONT LET FEAR HOLD YOU BACK

Storm-010 white zx6r
philbo
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: Western Australia

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion