whats the go if caught on an overpowered bike?

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Re: whats the go if caught on an overpowered bike?

Postby dutchy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:13 pm

gazza308 wrote:I agree with lams to a point, new riders & all. But what about the people out there like me that grow up on dirt bikes? I was on the road at 15 in the hills of roleystone WA. the state forrest was my bestfriend. I use to ride to mates joints because no cops out there. Im not trying to be a smart arse, I just think good road sence & experince is what makes a good rider, & with age comes knowing when to ride like a gentlemen & when to fang the guts out of it.

I'm going to check this. I think that it's just a fine in Vic and no demerits.

Its still a bad idea being illegal and all, not to mention the insurance issues as mentioned earlier.
You have to have your full licence for a period of twelve months before your allowed a more powerful bike. Also, riding on the roads with traffic conditions is a hell of alot differant to riding dirt squirters in the bush.
I plan on living forever..............so far so good!!
Self appointed official poon-tang image supplier to KSRC
2010 KSRC MotoGP tipping champion

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R
State: Victoria

Postby tim » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Wattie wrote:Yeah and can't carry passengers I think. But I didn't think that existed anymore

Exists for me for the first year on fulls, but I was on the old system and got my fulls when I turned 30.....

Surely 3 years of punishment is enough now
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby s man » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:29 pm

How things have changed. I got my L plates & rode out of the RTA on a then new Kawasaki 750 H2 triple!!! One of the most scary bikes ever built. But thats what I lernt on.
Rode all sorts of big bikes on my "L"s. 35 years ago of cause..
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
s man
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Z1000
State: New South Wales

Postby gazza308 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:23 pm

dutch80au wrote:
gazza308 wrote:I agree with lams to a point, new riders & all. But what about the people out there like me that grow up on dirt bikes? I was on the road at 15 in the hills of roleystone WA. the state forrest was my bestfriend. I use to ride to mates joints because no cops out there. Im not trying to be a smart arse, I just think good road sence & experince is what makes a good rider, & with age comes knowing when to ride like a gentlemen & when to fang the guts out of it.

I'm going to check this. I think that it's just a fine in Vic and no demerits.

Its still a bad idea being illegal and all, not to mention the insurance issues as mentioned earlier.
You have to have your full licence for a period of twelve months before your allowed a more powerful bike. Also, riding on the roads with traffic conditions is a hell of alot differant to riding dirt squirters in the bush.

Sorry I should of been more specific, im a bit too brief on here when i should be working. Yeah for sure it's diffrent riding bush to roads, but one mistake in the bush it's the same outcome as on the road. When i went for my L plates there was a young chick 18yo bit of a stunner, she fell off the bike about 4 times ova the course. I was shocked when the instructor passed her, she couldent even hold it upright yet she passed, the instuctor said dont go on the roads come back for some private lessons. Now i dont know if she did or dident go back for more lessons. I do know if she did go on the road she would not last two mins. I just think it's a crap system for people who allready know how to ride a bike.
Just like when you get your manual car licence I was stuck in a datsun 120y, I couldent wait to thrash the old mans skyeline. Anyway the fact is my first real road bike was what i wanted and all i could afford a zr7 and im sorry if you think thats ova powered, i think it's under powered compared to the 600cc supersports out there.
gazza308

Bike: Other Kawi

Postby dutchy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:40 pm

I'm not saying what bikes are overpowered compared to whatever other bikes, I'll leave that to the people that know what they're on about. They often float around this site when they aren't lighting their own farts. :lol: I know what your own about when you talk about knowing how to ride a bike too.

I'm looking at in the point of view from someone who has absolutely NO traffic/road experiance though. Seeing as though your already a licenced driver i guess that makes a differance. I suppose the law is in place to keep people focused on getting experiance on the roads without having to worry about the risks involved in attempting to control a high powered motorbike. (Or marginally removing the temptation more power presents). ;) :kuda:

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby gazza308 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:46 pm

s man wrote:How things have changed. I got my L plates & rode out of the RTA on a then new Kawasaki 750 H2 triple!!! One of the most scary bikes ever built. But thats what I lernt on.
Rode all sorts of big bikes on my "L"s. 35 years ago of cause..

I would love to know what happened to your 750 H2 triple? I love the old school kwakas. My dad had the 1972 H2 triple It was the first bike I ever sat on as a kid. It's where my passion for kawasaki comes from & my dad ofcourse.
gazza308

Postby gazza308 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:55 pm

dutch80au wrote:I'm not saying what bikes are overpowered compared to whatever other bikes, I'll leave that to the people that know what they're on about. They often float around this site when they aren't lighting their own farts. :lol: I know what your own about when you talk about knowing how to ride a bike too.

I'm looking at in the point of view from someone who has absolutely NO traffic/road experiance though. Seeing as though your already a licenced driver i guess that makes a differance. I suppose the law is in place to keep people focused on getting experiance on the roads without having to worry about the risks involved in attempting to control a high powered motorbike. (Or marginally removing the temptation more power presents). ;) :kuda:

Well the laws here for new victorian bike riders is going to be a whole lot harder from next year. I appreciate your opinion dutch80 , dont worry im crap at explaining what im trying to say. And i totally understand where your comeing from. I've only been here two mins dont want to make a bad reputation for myself. If I havent allready.
gazza308

Postby dutchy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:08 pm

You'll find no one on here takes any one elses opinion to heart. And its fun to throw a little bit back and fourth every now and then (and its healthy untill it gets to the stage were the masters of the universe have to use their magical powers to lock down a thread because its getting absoloutely nowhere). :lol: What do you mean the laws in victoria are going to be a whole lot harder? Have i missed a memo? :?

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby seiko1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 pm

It's power to weight ratio regulated........so why don't they take into account the weight of the rider :?
I know some BIG blokes who would look absolutely stupid on, and would probably squish, a 250 FFS.
Back in my day.................................. :lol:
Policy - Find something simple.....and Complicate it!
seiko1
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX14R

Postby dutchy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:31 pm

seiko1 wrote: Back in my day.................................. :lol:

Ooooohhhhhssshhhit, here we go :roll: :lol:

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby seiko1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:38 pm

dutch80au wrote:

Hey!...
who asked you to "weigh" in? :lol:
seiko1

Postby dutchy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:51 pm

seiko1 wrote:
dutch80au wrote:

Hey!...
who asked you to "weigh" in? :lol:

hey, i'm not one to back away from a fight..............so i'll turn and run like a little bitch instead!! :lol:

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby seiko1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:55 pm

There are to many bitches here already......stand your ground :lol:
seiko1

Postby dutchy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:58 pm

FUMF! :x

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby gazza308 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:39 am

dutch80au wrote:You'll find no one on here takes any one elses opinion to heart. And its fun to throw a little bit back and fourth every now and then (and its healthy untill it gets to the stage were the masters of the universe have to use their magical powers to lock down a thread because its getting absoloutely nowhere). :lol: What do you mean the laws in victoria are going to be a whole lot harder? Have i missed a memo? :?

A new survey for vic roads & some uni, based on LAMS rider behavior, they want to know everything . Wont be long till motocycle licenceing changes. I did it because they might be a bee's dick chance of saving another new riders life. Seems like a decent cause to me.
gazza308

PreviousNext

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion