Where to buy spare parts (turn signals)

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Where to buy spare parts (turn signals)

Postby josha » Mon May 24, 2010 2:28 am

So my brother dropped my EX250J (standstill). Now the front right turn signal is damaged (the transparent cover can't screw on to the black plastic that supports the whole thing).

Where would I get a replacement front right turn signal? I live near Granville (Sydney).
josha

Bike: Ninja 250
State: New South Wales

Re: Where to buy spare parts (turn signals)

Postby MrWasabi » Mon May 24, 2010 9:15 am

try Metropolitan Spares in Silverwater. you may be lucky and they may have one in tact, but most of the bikes you will find in wreckers will have sustained some sort of damage to the sides.

Failing that, give Bikebiz in parramatta a call, they should be able to get you OEM part.
Mistakes:
Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

http://www.sentechcomputers.com.au
MrWasabi
Team Kuda
Team Kuda

Bike: ZX6R

Postby d00nson » Mon May 24, 2010 11:19 am

If you're after genuine/new parts you can try the guys at Alto in Chatswood. They claim to be the cheapest for OEM parts 03 8817 7743
Team Crash 2010
d00nson
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Disco » Mon May 24, 2010 1:00 pm

d00nson wrote:If you're after genuine/new parts you can try the guys at Alto in Chatswood. They claim to be the cheapest for OEM parts 03 8817 7743

You should check HERE Alex if your after cheap part's to fix your bike ;)

Dunno if they do turn signal's though :?
Stopping=Crashing!
Disco
Team Monster

Bike: ZX6R
State: Please Select a State

Postby josha » Tue May 25, 2010 9:50 am

MrWasabi wrote:try Metropolitan Spares in Silverwater. you may be lucky and they may have one in tact, but most of the bikes you will find in wreckers will have sustained some sort of damage to the sides.

Failing that, give Bikebiz in parramatta a call, they should be able to get you OEM part.

Ah yeah. I knew Bikebiz sold new spare parts. Was hoping I could get them from wreckers, but I suppose you're right in that most if not all bikes there will have damage tending towards the sides.

I'm assuming all of their current stock is displayed here? If so, doesn't seem like I have much of a chance there. I might give 'em a call later today just to make sure.

Edit:
Yep, I gave them a call just then. The guy said that they don't have any but they're expecting new parts to come in later this week. Might just go to Bikebiz then.

d00nson wrote:If you're after genuine/new parts you can try the guys at Alto in Chatswood. They claim to be the cheapest for OEM parts 03 8817 7743

Unfortunately, Chatswood is a bit too far for my likings. I'm not sure if the extra petrol+time cost makes up for the price savings.

Disco wrote:You should check HERE Alex if your after cheap part's to fix your bike ;)

Dunno if they do turn signal's though :?
Yes, it seems they sell everything but turn signals, lol.

I've currently resorted to having the turn signal cover taped to the thing supporting it (which works). I would like it repaired, though, just to maintain the bike's resell value.
josha

Postby d00nson » Tue May 25, 2010 5:06 pm

Thanks Dave, the website is very useful, altough the name is a bit dubious...
Team Crash 2010
d00nson
Warming up
Warming up

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion