is there a mono restricter of some sort on the ninja 250???

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Re: is there a mono restricter of some sort on the ninja 250???

Postby kevindinho » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:25 pm

Dizzi wrote:1. loose the attitude,

2. you didn't say that you had been riding dirt bikes for 9 years and had done many a wheelie (or however you friggen spell it).

3. you didn't advise that you were doing dam friggen wheelies on your own time with only you at risk of breaking your own neck.

4. all the people that made comments are long standing members who are the most amazing riders out and only care for peoples riding skills and if your about to take someone else out as a newbie with little experience, so before you go throwing nasty names maybe disclose exactly what your doing!!!!!

5.who wants to do dam wheelies on a ninja 250 anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
When i grow up i want a ZX6R just like Rob Racer...

Craving PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE....mmmm
kevindinho
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Yamaha
State: New South Wales

Postby -b-r-e-n-t- » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:06 pm

I'm with you Diz 8)
2012 Black ZX-10R - Roady
Mods: Zero Gravity dark screen.
2010 Black ZX-6R - For Sale
Mods: Zero Gravity dark screen. Yoshimura R77 Carbon slip-on.
2010 Blue Ninja 250R - Sold
Mods: Akrapovic Carbon Fibre Slip On

...boldly going nowhere...
-b-r-e-n-t-
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX6R

Postby seraph » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Dizzi wrote:4. all the people that made comments are long standing members who are the most amazing riders out and only care for peoples riding skills and if your about to take someone else out as a newbie with little experience, so before you go throwing nasty names maybe disclose exactly what your doing!!!!!
Gosh I hope you weren't talkin about me then, I fully deserve the nasty names he was throwing about ;) :lol: J.
the sweet things don't stick around but the bullshit lasts forever
http://www.twistybitz.net
seraph
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX12R
State: Queensland

Postby Cedric25 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:00 am

2rot8u wrote:hahaha look whos talking about spelling hahahaha wtf is arw i think you ment (are) mate lol.....i just felt like some of you guys are a bit cheeky thats all mate...i wont cop shit without giving it back 8) and no im not trying these mono's on the road im not silly, and yes i have been riding dirt bikes for about 9 years now....i can pop em on the trailies no probs but street bikes are new to me..i can lean verry well for a newbie i have been to the old road with the sunday crew once no probzz!!

Cedric25
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R

Postby robracer » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:58 am

2rot8u wrote:.i can lean verry well for a newbie i have been to the old road with the sunday crew once no probzz!!

This is your opinion, I would like to ask some of the Sunday crew present that day what they thought of your learnedness & skills you speak of? In fact why did you not ask the Sunday crew about monos that fine day, I am sure the response would have been much the same as it has been here.
+ honestly this 9 years of MC you speak of & being able to do monos on them if you cant translate that to a road bike then I seriously doubt you could do them properly to begin with, my suggestion .......do another 9 years of MC & once you have nailed it on your chooky then do it on the road bike.
& before you bag out peoples spelling / Grammar ....that's ... Capital I's, 1 r in Very & Capital S for Sunday.
Lastly if you cant cop a bit of criticism without going off like a little girl then possibly you are in the wrong place.
Has anyone got the link to Ardy's how to do a mono write up?
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby 2rot8u » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:58 am

robracer wrote:
2rot8u wrote:.i can lean verry well for a newbie i have been to the old road with the sunday crew once no probzz!!

This is your opinion, I would like to ask some of the Sunday crew present that day what they thought of your learnedness & skills you speak of? In fact why did you not ask the Sunday crew about monos that fine day, I am sure the response would have been much the same as it has been here.
+ honestly this 9 years of MC you speak of & being able to do monos on them if you cant translate that to a road bike then I seriously doubt you could do them properly to begin with, my suggestion .......do another 9 years of MC & once you have nailed it on your chooky then do it on the road bike.
& before you bag out peoples spelling / Grammar ....that's ... Capital I's, 1 r in Very & Capital S for Sunday.
Lastly if you cant cop a bit of criticism without going off like a little girl then possibly you are in the wrong place.
Has anyone got the link to Ardy's how to do a mono write up?
2rot8u

Bike: Ninja 250

Postby 2rot8u » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:10 am

[quote="Dizzi"]

4. all the people that made comments are long standing members who are the most amazing riders out and only care for peoples riding skills and if your about to take someone else out as a newbie with little experience, so before you go throwing nasty names maybe disclose exactly what your doing!!!!!

fair enough ladies and gents i over reacted!! for the long standing members i would have expected your first replies to my first post to be a little more helpfull and not so much assumptions and insults... i did over react but only because i felt uncomfortable with your replies!! yes you guys are great and i respect what you do,, i just was not expecting to be set apon by insults and watever else was throwen at me and if i retalieated with words than mabe thats just human!! so i say this this ladies and gents... IM SORRY FOR OVER REACTING. any thing else PM me and we can sort it out...
2rot8u

Postby robracer » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:50 am

I just did a quick search & there is heaps of stuff on youtube about it, the best site seems to be from these guys, as they have quite a few short tutorials covering all aspects, keep watching as this will link on to other clips ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfjEz_T ... PL&index=6
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby kevindinho » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:55 am

make sure you record it as u practice, i would like to see your pro-ness!
When i grow up i want a ZX6R just like Rob Racer...

Craving PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE....mmmm
kevindinho
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Strika » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:27 am

2rot8u wrote:
Dizzi wrote:

fair enough ladies and gents i over reacted!! for the long standing members i would have expected your first replies to my first post to be a little more helpfull and not so much assumptions and insults... i did over react but only because i felt uncomfortable with your replies!! yes you guys are great and i respect what you do,, i just was not expecting to be set apon by insults and watever else was throwen at me and if i retalieated with words than mabe thats just human!! so i say this this ladies and gents... IM SORRY FOR OVER REACTING. any thing else PM me and we can sort it out...

Hey, that's cool. Fault on both sides, we also probably had little patience with you, just due to the nature of the question most likely. Don't take it personally and make sure you hang around for a bit to see how cool all the guys and gals are. 8)

It's natural for us to conclude that a learner rider on a Ninja 250 may have little to no riding experience. Without your background filler and clarification later and as others have said, this may have helped with the responses. Why, well because if you had said something like, ..........."I've been riding dirt squirts since I was 5, did 6 seasons of state motocross and can hoist a minger on my CR250 for as long as you want, but I'm having trouble getting the little Ninja to stay on the back wheel...." You may have had some more constructive replies. :lol:

For what it's worth, the principles are the same, be it on a roadie, or a dirtie. Back it off, dip the clutch, rev it's tits off, drop the clutch, find the balance point, try not to flip it! :lol:

I tend to leave my wheelstands for the dirt squirts though. If I flip a dirtie, it's no biggie (and I often do) but if I flip the roadie, it's gunna be ugly!!! :(
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

State: Victoria

Postby aardvark » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:09 am

robracer wrote:Has anyone got the link to Ardy's how to do a mono write up?

http://www.ksrc-au.com/html/how_to_chuck_a_wheelie.html

And for the record, I just cut and paste that from somewhere else ;) .... then Photoshopped my old bike on the back wheel.
aardvark
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

State: South Australia

Postby robracer » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:42 am

Jase, I thought that section was gowne :shock: ..... looked for a while but to no avail.
No wonder I couldnt find it in a search with the underscores in the title :lol:

Still a good read but 8)
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby 2rot8u » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Strika wrote:
2rot8u wrote:
Dizzi wrote:

Hey, that's cool. Fault on both sides, we also probably had little patience with you, just due to the nature of the question most likely. Don't take it personally and make sure you hang around for a bit to see how cool all the guys and gals are. 8)

It's natural for us to conclude that a learner rider on a Ninja 250 may have little to no riding experience. Without your background filler and clarification later and as others have said, this may have helped with the responses. Why, well because if you had said something like, ..........."I've been riding dirt squirts since I was 5, did 6 seasons of state motocross and can hoist a minger on my CR250 for as long as you want, but I'm having trouble getting the little Ninja to stay on the back wheel...." You may have had some more constructive replies. :lol:

For what it's worth, the principles are the same, be it on a roadie, or a dirtie. Back it off, dip the clutch, rev it's tits off, drop the clutch, find the balance point, try not to flip it! :lol:

I tend to leave my wheelstands for the dirt squirts though. If I flip a dirtie, it's no biggie (and I often do) but if I flip the roadie, it's gunna be ugly!!! :(

thanks everyone
2rot8u

Postby 2rot8u » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:14 pm

thanks guys and i hope the bad start will only bring a good relationship in the future ;)
2rot8u

Postby -b-r-e-n-t- » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:21 pm

No worries mate. See ya on the ol road someday! 8)
2012 Black ZX-10R - Roady
Mods: Zero Gravity dark screen.
2010 Black ZX-6R - For Sale
Mods: Zero Gravity dark screen. Yoshimura R77 Carbon slip-on.
2010 Blue Ninja 250R - Sold
Mods: Akrapovic Carbon Fibre Slip On

...boldly going nowhere...
-b-r-e-n-t-
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion