selling and buying

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

selling and buying

Postby jackieh » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:21 pm

Hey newer here. i have a GPX 250 typical green and black colour. done 23,000 klms 2006 model. great little bike.
i have moved on up to a bigger bike licence and i am looking for a 600 sports - would anyone know of one for sale - not sure what price to pay just yet..oh i live in qld near bundaberg.

great site - one fella looks abit scary though but since he rides a kawasaki he must be okay :-)

Hope someone can help.

Cheers,
Jackieh ;)
jackieh

Bike: GPx250
State: Queensland

Re: selling and buying

Postby Six Addict » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:12 pm

Hey jackieh!

Good to see you've started on a green machine! In regards to what price you might pay for a 600 (a ZX6R for arguments sake ;) ) have a look on bikesales.com.au to get an idea on what's out there... I paid 6400 for a low km 2001 zx6r but one thing I would say is that owners often post up a high price and may be prepared to be bargained down a little bit, especially for a quick sale or cash.

I hope this helps

owen
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati
State: New South Wales

Postby robracer » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:27 am

Hi Jackieh, welcome to KSRC wave.gif
As Owen has stated look around the online sales sites & as a back up check out Redbook to make sure the price is right
http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/cs/bikes/
Oh & have fun with your bike search, ya gotta love going shopping 8)
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby jackieh » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:39 pm

Owen and Robracer thank you. i will tackle these sites soon. i began riding a Virago 250 last year but it just did not feel right but as soon as i slid into the seat of this little beauty i was off and oh boy i did not realise what i have been missing all these years.
i use to ride a honda and yammy 125 on the farm, centuries ago and the desire to ride again came flooding back.
where is the best site to get riding gear, and is there anything closer then Sydney.
Also are there any riders in Qld who hook up at different times for rides etc?, i am about 6 hours north of Brissy inland.
Cheers
Jackieh ;)
jackieh

Bike: GPx250
State: Queensland

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion