Rear ended

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Rear ended

Postby Reedy » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:57 pm

Everything was good, friday was nice and slow tootling round the local suburbs dodging traffic.

Day 2 of getting learners. Today was great felt more confident then went the back way round to pyrmont and back home over the harbour bridge and around the local suburbs again.

Went back up the shopping centr,e come out of the car park and stationary, indicating left and hear a load crack and get thrusted forward. Im still on the bike at this point and thankfully no cars were entering the round about.

Pull up on the kerb and I ask him WTF ??? He replies "oh i was looking at the sky i thought you went..."

"You asshole" plus other profanities fly out my mouth.

I check the bike and it looks like all he's done is bent the number plate in. I *think* cos i was turning left he's missed the exhaust and his hatchback bounced the rear wheel and scraped the bonet of his shit box some more on my number plate.

Remaining coolish i get all his details, ask him if he has any insurance. Negative...

I'm still pissed and probably jumping the gun but is there a chance that he may have done some damage that is not visible? or moved the rear wheel forward loosening the chain? or anything?
I bent the number plate back and road it a while before going home just to check for wobbles but all seems ok.
Reedy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Honda
State: New South Wales

Re: Rear ended

Postby seiko1 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:03 pm

Lucky you stayed on.
I would be checking rear wheel for roundness, axle alignment etc.
Looking at the sky.......farkin wanker........he would have been looking at the sky laying flat on his back too ;) :twisted:
Policy - Find something simple.....and Complicate it!
seiko1
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX14R
State: Victoria

Postby Reedy » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:56 pm

yeh i looked down at the plastic knuckle protectors...then i looked at his face after that dumbass answer.

I was thinking along the lines of get someone to look at it then send him the bill.

What shits me the most is i've only had the bike 1 week and ridden it 3 times in 2 days. RAAA!
Reedy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby MrWasabi » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:08 pm

Considering where you live I'd say he was looking at the sky writer earlier this arvo. Something about life or Jesus I think it was. Anyway, there could be a chance he knocked the sub frame out of whack, get it checked out and send him the bill!
Mistakes:
Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

http://www.sentechcomputers.com.au
MrWasabi
Team Kuda
Team Kuda

Bike: ZX6R

Postby robracer » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:34 pm

:lol: send him a bill anyway for being a dumbarse.... oh look the sky 8)
Glad you are ok Reedy, I once had a taxi rear end me ... only a slight one, I got off the bike looked at him cowring & then kicked the fark out of his front grill got back on the bike & left :twisted:
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Reedy » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:08 pm

haha nice. Cabbies are just bad drivers all round except at 3 in the morning coming back from the cross. heh heh just kidding :p

I thought yeh i should punch f..k out of him but then i wouldnt be able to claim anything. I understand you kicking that taxi i was mega pissed.

I rang up insurance and they took all the info and will assess the bike next week then send him the bill. So thats good. But that means I cant ride until is all assessed and repairs completed if they deem necessary, thats bad.

shit happens i spose, punch a few beers and feel better.
Reedy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby smithy5 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:46 pm

THE OTHER DRIVER HAS NO INSURANCE... YOUR SCREWED.....

Call the Police assistance line on 131444 and make a report and get an Event number.................... You will need it when your insurace company comes back and says the other driver says you backed into him, or he wasn't even there and he has a witness to prove it........... JUST DO IT.........

If it were me I would also be going straight to the hospital about my sore back and sore neck...... you won't get a lot of money but it will pay for your repairs that the uninsured driver won't be paying for when he has time to think.............
2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455
SRT Survivor & Oficial Photographer
smithy5
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Scooter

Postby Reedy » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:30 pm

Hey Smithy,

Thanks for the concern but its ok. I dont think making false claims is the answer :)

I've already spoken to my insurance company and they are sorting it out, I have full comprehensive on the bike, in this case he has no insurance, the ins company pays for any repairs then chases him for payment.

If the guy decides to do a dodgy how will he explain the sms i made him send to my phone from his containing all his details. I was mega pissed.

Also my bike doesn't have reverse so i couldn't back in to him :)

Cheers though dude, its a crap situation bought on by a dumb ass not paying attention.
Reedy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby StuMiller » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:35 pm

I agree with Robracer, get the bike checked and send him the bill, regardless....

Perhaps a warning shot through the head is the answer for these clowns....
2007 ZX6 - Road bike
StuMiller
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

State: Tasmania

Postby Dizzi » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:00 pm

Dude so not good, but thank goodness your ok and the insurance company are sorting it out. Yeah it doesn't matter that he doesn't have any insurance, we have had two bingles in our cars where it was the other parties fault and there were no witness', no police report and we phoned the insurance company straight away and they sorted it out and chased the person for mulla, I know it sucks that you won't have your bike for a lil but at least it will be in A1 working order with them making sure there is no damage and trust me as a learner you want your bike in perfect order.

Oh yeah I don't think I said hi and welcome, so I'll drop it in here. Velcome to the mad house and enjoy, hopefully see you up the ol road when your bike is back on the road.
10 Green ZX6R

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
Dizzi
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion