Did the M.O.S.T today!!!

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Re: Did the M.O.S.T today!!!

Postby Glen » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:59 am

That's an extraordinarily bad result for a P's course Gazza. It's rare that you get more than 1 in a class that struggles with the Uturn, it is dead easy if you practise correctly. Admittedly at first it looks daunting but once you have a go (if the instructor has taught you the correct way) then it's pretty easy. I'd suggest your class had an ordinary instructor.
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Postby ty » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:09 am

I agree that any LAMS bike should be able to do it - some are just harder and require more practice.
My instructor did it on his CBR600F - touched the line on the way out, but he did it.
If you have no fear, you're not going fast enough.
Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
ty
Team Ninja

Bike: Honda

Postby Rossi » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:47 am

ty wrote:I agree that any LAMS bike should be able to do it - some are just harder and require more practice.
My instructor did it on his CBR600F - touched the line on the way out, but he did it.

Most of the trainees used to panic about stalling the bike 1/2 way thru the turn so......
Sneaky trick is to adjust the clutch lever so it slips, before doing the U turn so that the bike cannot stall ;)
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
Rossi
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX9R
State: Victoria

Postby Glen » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:02 am

ty wrote:I agree that any LAMS bike should be able to do it - some are just harder and require more practice.

We used to have an instructor that used to do the MOST side saddle and one handed. He used to demo the course and then tell students that's how they had to do it......before letting them off the hook. We once demoed braking at 100 km/h on the course which had a few students shitting. All good fun :) We were actually trying to see how fast we could get on the timing beams from the T on the course on an R1 and a ZX9 during the lunch break.

As Rossi suggests stalling or not keeping the throttle under control is the biggest impedement to getting through the tight stuff. Practise slow riding (as taught in the L's course until your perfect at it). You'll be amazed how often you use it when manouevering.
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Previous

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion