new rta LAMS classification for NINJA 650r??

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Re: new rta LAMS classification for NINJA 650r??

Postby GPZ_Jim » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:15 am

eh? if you're no longer on Ps then how can they say NEIN! to running it w/out restriction? I'm pretty sure the hyo 650 is advertised as being able to be de-restricted one ya on full license so why not the ninja/er 650?? I wouldn't put too much weight into what someone said at the RTA.. they said I couldn't ride my GPZ anymore cos it was taken off the un-VERBOTEN LIST, that was a call centre monkey.. ended up getting in contact with someone with authority (cheers wayne!!) and now have an official signed letter saying I can :) What''s next? Anyone caught doing a tune up is thrown in the kooler?
GPZ_Jim
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: GPz500
State: New South Wales

Postby laidback » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:44 am

Great to see you got the same result as Wayne. Does the same restrictions apply if you sell it?
Roady - ZRX1200R
Tracky - ZX9R F1 Team Jerry Atric

I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.
laidback
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby GPZ_Jim » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:56 am

yeh its keeps it LAMS code and thusly learner legalness as long as its regoed in my name.. if i sell it then no more :( so I am thinking if something bad happens i'll just get an er5 and do an engine swap from one of my other GPZ's :D teehee!
GPZ_Jim
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby mike-s » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:40 pm

GPZ_Jim wrote:eh? if you're no longer on Ps then how can they say NEIN! to running it w/out restriction?
You CAN get it de-restricted, however once you do so you can NEVER go back. At least that's the official word. And im not sure how they'd go about making sure you do that, perhaps keeping a list of spares bought & checking it twice before christmas ?
If it hurts, you aren't doing it right.
mike-s
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: Suzuki

Postby zx-10r » Fri May 07, 2010 11:06 pm

does kawasaki call every green bike it makes these day a ninja :roll:
Let the good times roll.

2007 zx-10R Gallery : http://www.flickr.com/photos/41942460@N ... 052319987/
zx-10r
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R

Postby josha » Mon May 24, 2010 2:01 am

felixxr6turbo wrote:Any details on how to remove this 'little screw'... and is that it to achieve de-restriction?

Thanks

Felix
+1

Kopiya wrote:I paid $10,990 ride away for a 2009 650RL
Un restricted by removing 1 little screw... very easy, its nice with the new bars and Leo Vince Pipes... All 2009 650RL's are sold out in OZ just waiting on the 2010's now but the may have ab ECU restriction (not yet confirmed)
Any confirmation on whether or not the '10 model is ECU restricted? I might just get one ... How much do one of these go for anyway?

Edit:
I see Sydney City Motorcycles Kogarah selling them for $11490 drive away. Bikebiz quoted me for around $14k, but said they're willing to sit down and price match.

John from Bikebiz confirmed what everybody here's been saying in that it's no longer permissible to 'derestrict' these bikes (according to the RTA), however, doing so regardless shouldn't be hard as it's restricted only at the throttle.
josha

Bike: Ninja 250

Postby Mustakie » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:44 pm

Hey the restriction also is a little wire in the rear of the bike that is connected to the self diagnostic system.. it is very easy to remove....it changes the advance of the timming..(this wat i have found out.. sorry if incorrect). This is where i got it from.. ( http://www.ninja650r.co.cc/Derestricting%20ER6N.pdf ) . I willl do this when i have fully run in my bike....

:kuda: :kuda:
Mustakie

Bike: ER6
State: Queensland

Postby Dannymac » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Kopiya wrote:Ok so here is an update...
Purchased 2009 NInja 650RL 4 weeks ago.
Ran it in for 1000k's then after first service:

Took out throttle restrictor and instantly gained the full power of 53kw (just like a non lams 650R)
Then installed a full Leo Vince Exhaust system.
Installed new Power Commander 5 and custom fuel map.
R&G Tail Tidy
Installed race style sports bars V2.0

This looks almost exactly like a ZX6R on the street, Sound Freekin awesome, and handles like as dream... Fantastic buy, highly recomended....

I was just wondering what tool you used to take the throttle screw out? i have tried a few star keys at home and at work and none of them seem to fit, i also wanna make it look like it has not been tampered with, incase i have to reinstall it! Anyway a size and name of the tool would be great to know!
Cheers
Dannymac

Bike: Other Kawi

Postby Goodoo1001 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:29 am

Kopiya wrote:Ok so here is an update...
Purchased 2009 NInja 650RL 4 weeks ago.
Ran it in for 1000k's then after first service:

Took out throttle restrictor and instantly gained the full power of 53kw (just like a non lams 650R)
Then installed a full Leo Vince Exhaust system.
Installed new Power Commander 5 and custom fuel map.
R&G Tail Tidy
Installed race style sports bars V2.0

This looks almost exactly like a ZX6R on the street, Sound Freekin awesome, and handles like as dream... Fantastic buy, highly recomended....

Hi, i recently purchased myself the Ninja 650rl an noticed this forum almost strait away. I am looking at derestricting myself but cannot find any information on it . . . . . could you please fill me in on a few details???
Goodoo1001

Bike: Ninja 650
State: Victoria

Postby Goodoo1001 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:33 am

Was just wondering if someone could pretty please email me some information on how to remove the restrictor screw from the 650rl????? Would be much appreciated as i cannot find any information
Goodoo1001

Bike: Ninja 650
State: Victoria

Postby GPZ_Jim » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:01 pm

the pdf will tell ya :) but just remember that you'll basically be riding a bike thats not insured, rozzers can book ya for exceeding allowed power output, if u crash it and they find it its been tinkered with... :shock:
GPZ_Jim
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby huffy67 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:43 am

to those people who want to know how to remove the restrictor screw you will need a tamper proof ( hole in the middel ) _ torx screw T20

hope this helps :kuda:
Like a BOSS!
huffy67
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ER6
State: Queensland

Postby bjmac90 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi Guys,

Am a new rider and own/ride an ER6NL have just purchased my dads ZRX1200r. The ER6n has been a fantastic bike, it was initially restricted with a hex screw in the throttle body, took all of about 35 seconds to remove and BOOM. The ER6NL has had a power commander and an ixil exhaust put on it. It receives many comments and absolutely flies. I recommend this as a first bike. Father cannot keep off it. I will post a photo for any newbies out there..

Bmhtf
bjmac90

Bike: ZRX

Previous

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion