How much did you pay for your 250 Ninja?

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Re: How much did you pay for your 250 Ninja?

Postby fireyrob » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:34 pm

clay wrote:
DISCO wrote:Aitken's has a lot of floor stock in black and blue.....Probably 15+ :shock: ....They are ticketed at $7,200 ride away.....Minus the 10% KSRC discount I'm guessing :kuda:

So I can ride one away for $6500? Brand new.

What do I have to mention to get the 10% discount?

Welcome to the club and No I wouldn't think so. $7200 is a pretty good price considering its a brand newie on road. Id be looking for 08 second hand models if your budget is about $6000-$6500 as they tough little things!
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z1000
State: New South Wales

Postby clay » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:58 pm

fireyrob wrote:
clay wrote:
DISCO wrote:Aitken's has a lot of floor stock in black and blue.....Probably 15+ :shock: ....They are ticketed at $7,200 ride away.....Minus the 10% KSRC discount I'm guessing :kuda:

So I can ride one away for $6500? Brand new.

What do I have to mention to get the 10% discount?

Welcome to the club and No I wouldn't think so. $7200 is a pretty good price considering its a brand newie on road. Id be looking for 08 second hand models if your budget is about $6000-$6500 as they tough little things!

Thanks fireyrob.

Yeh, that's what I would've thought. $7200 must be with the discount already.

I don't know whether I should get a brand new bike now, or just wait till I got my full license and get what I want then.

Do you reckon the 250r will hold it's value well? If I get a new 09 model now, how much you reckon it'll sell for in ~12 months?
clay
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Ninja 250

Postby fireyrob » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:09 pm

Clay I guess the question is what are you currently riding? Your profile says a spewzuki so Id say if you've already got a LAMS bike in good nick keep it until your fully licenced and decide then ;) The moment you buy new and roll out the door I reckon you've done $1-1.5K as there's heaps of the 250R floating around now second hand 8)
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Postby clay » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:45 pm

An 07 gs500f, only got it because it was a good deal ($5k, unregistered, 5K on the clock, one little scratch from a standstill drop) and I thought a 500 would go better than a 250, well I got that wrong.

But I want to get rid of it and get a full sports bike, something quicker. The 250r seems to fit that bill.
clay
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby fireyrob » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:53 pm

Ive never ridden the gs500 but I dare say the 250R wouldnt be any quicker! I had a 250R though and know its no powerhouse but looks pretty schmick! My advice is to keep the 500 learn to ride it, its been dropped and cost you only $5K. You'll possibly get close to your money back in 12 months time. Instead do some advance riding courses with any extra cash you have, buy some decent gear incl leathers then when you get your full licence look for something bigger then! I think most members on here will agree with that sentiment ;)
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Postby Nelso » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:10 pm

fireyrob wrote:Ive never ridden the gs500 but I dare say the 250R wouldnt be any quicker! I had a 250R though and know its no powerhouse but looks pretty schmick! My advice is to keep the 500 learn to ride it, its been dropped and cost you only $5K. You'll possibly get close to your money back in 12 months time. Instead do some advance riding courses with any extra cash you have, buy some decent gear incl leathers then when you get your full licence look for something bigger then! I think most members on here will agree with that sentiment ;)

iamwithstupid.gif Good posting Rob.
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby clay » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:50 pm

fireyrob wrote:Ive never ridden the gs500 but I dare say the 250R wouldnt be any quicker! I had a 250R though and know its no powerhouse but looks pretty schmick! My advice is to keep the 500 learn to ride it, its been dropped and cost you only $5K. You'll possibly get close to your money back in 12 months time. Instead do some advance riding courses with any extra cash you have, buy some decent gear incl leathers then when you get your full licence look for something bigger then! I think most members on here will agree with that sentiment ;)

Yeh they look sweet, a lot better than the gs500f anyway. I completely agree about the riding courses, I'll be doing them regardless.

Problem is, I've sold my bike to a friend, pending him getting his license, which I'm sure he will. Selling it to him for what I paid plus $850 to cover rego and greenslip costs. So I need to find a new bike before next weekend when he's doing his riders course.

I didn't really want to spend more than 6k, but if I can get a brand new 250r for 7200 ride away, I don't know. I mean if I'll get back 6-6.5k for it in 12 months, I don't mind spending the money now.
clay
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby fireyrob » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:56 am

Head out to Aitkens Kawasaki at Moorebank and have a look then Clay. Not sure how much youll get back in 12 months time but with the dealers having showroom stock lined up right now its possible there could be discounted 09 new stock during 2010. Depending on kays and condition etc... Its a great little bike, goes solid and looks hawt plus if u turn up to our rides u wont cop any crap or too much anyway :lol:

I would have kept yours for the 12 months to be honest though 8)
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Postby clay » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:52 pm

I spoke to Andrew at Aitkens over the phone today. This was after I went to Kelens Kawasaki to have a look at the 250r. At Kelens they were talking about 8K ride away, but they're getting back to me with a new price. Andrew at Aitkens said $7990 with a dririder jacket, gloves and disc lock. And I didn't mention the KSRC discount, I'll do that when I go down there and show him the cash and see how much I can get it for before mentioning the discount.

I'm also waiting for some lady from Newcastle to get back to me. She has an 08 for sale but someone is coming to look at it Sunday. If she takes my offer I'll drive up there tonight and pick it up.

I like the guy at Aitkens though, he sounds like an honest bloke and I would like to start some sort of a relationship with a dealer for when I upgrade in a years time. No doubt I'll be looking at the zx6 or 10, or a gixxer or even an r1. Though I reckon the zx10 looks the best.

You make a good point about the 2010 model coming out soon and this might very well affect the price of used 09s.
clay
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Nelso » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:02 pm

clay wrote:I like the guy at Aitkens though, he sounds like an honest bloke and I would like to start some sort of a relationship with a dealer for when I upgrade in a years time

There are plenty of people here that will say good things about Aitkens. Some people even travel long distances to deal with them. :kuda:
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby clay » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:15 pm

I went to Aitkens today.

Jamie wouldn't do the 10% KSRC discount on the bike, which is advertised at $7990 with jacket, gloves & disc lock.

Best they would do was $7500 for the bike. If they'd do $7200 I'd take it.

Only blue & black available, which is a bit of a deal killer too, I want green.

And the 2010 model is in early-mid next month. Surely this will see a drop in price on the 2009 model, so I think I'll be better off waiting for the 2010 to hit the floors. Should get a real good price on an 09 then.
clay
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Disco » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:24 pm

clay wrote:I went to Aitkens today.

Jamie wouldn't do the 10% KSRC discount on the bike, which is advertised at $7990 with jacket, gloves & disc lock.

And the 2010 model is in early-mid next month. Surely this will see a drop in price on the 2009 model, so I think I'll be better off waiting for the 2010 to hit the floors. Should get a real good price on an 09 then.

Do you need all the extra's?See if they will take them out of the sale and drop the price......

Also are you after finance or paying cash?....Is easier to get a bargain with a dealer if you have the cash to wave in their face :kuda: .....

Did you at least have a KSRC hat or shirt on when you asked for the discount :shock: :lol:
Stopping=Crashing!
Disco
Team Monster

Bike: ZX6R
State: Please Select a State

Postby clay » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:40 pm

DISCO wrote:
clay wrote:I went to Aitkens today.

Do you need all the extra's?See if they will take them out of the sale and drop the price......

Also are you after finance or paying cash?....Is easier to get a bargain with a dealer if you have the cash to wave in their face :kuda: .....

Did you at least have a KSRC hat or shirt on when you asked for the discount :shock: :lol:

No, don't need or even want the extras. And I did get a price out of them for just the bike with no extras, it was $7500. Which isn't exactly a surprise, the jacket is valued at $299 I think, gloves and disc lock would be around $150 or so I guess? So deducting that from $7990 gives us the 7.5K.

No, don't need finance. I have the cash. I went down there with 10K cash on me. I sort of pulled a 5K stack out of my pocket to show Andrew (salesman), but didn't exactly wave it around.

No, I had no hat or shirt on (don't have either!), but they didn't ask to see anything. Jamie Aitken just said he couldn't do the 10% KSRC discount on the $7990 package deal.

I might call them tomorrow and see if they'll take $7200 for the bike, no extras, if I come down there right now and put the cash on the table. But I am even hesitant to do this now because after thinking about it, I really reckon when the 2010 model hits the floor all dealers will be advertising the 2009 for less than $7,500 ride away and should be able to pick one up for 7K cash, albeit in about 4 weeks. Or I'll give Southern Highlands Motorcycles a call tomorrow first, see what they will do. They might have green too.

What do you reckon?
clay
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby dave#3 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:41 am

I think the 10% discount applies to accessories and parts, not to bikes.

I may be reading a lot into this, but it sounds like you rocked in there and *expected* a full 10% discount on an already discounted bike because you happened to join an online forum a week ago, one that you've given nothing back to yet (merchandise purchases, helpful advice, attendance at events, etc). I think that's pretty arrogant myself. As I said it might just be the way it's written, so if I'm wrong please forgive me if I've misinterpreted your post.

Good luck with finding a bike.
dave#3 | '03 z1000 roadie | '08 zx6r tracky | '03 KLX400R dirty
http://www.oz4x4.net/gallery2
Winner - KSRC Murphy's Law Award 2008
dave#3
Team Ninja

Postby clay » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:15 am

dave#3 wrote:I think the 10% discount applies to accessories and parts, not to bikes.

I may be reading a lot into this, but it sounds like you rocked in there and *expected* a full 10% discount on an already discounted bike because you happened to join an online forum a week ago, one that you've given nothing back to yet (merchandise purchases, helpful advice, attendance at events, etc). I think that's pretty arrogant myself. As I said it might just be the way it's written, so if I'm wrong please forgive me if I've misinterpreted your post.

Good luck with finding a bike.

I'm pretty sure it's bikes too, all products. Just from what DISCO posted in this thread earlier, and from Jamie Aitken's response in the store where he said yeh it's bikes and accessories but he couldn't do it on the package deal. I don't know, ask someone who does know.

"Aitken's has a lot of floor stock in black and blue.....Probably 15+ :shock: ....They are ticketed at $7,200 ride away.....Minus the 10% KSRC discount I'm guessing :kuda:"

After I read that post, I thought they were already $7200, and thought I could walk in there with $7200 and walk out with a 250r. I wasn't aware that the bike at $7990 is already discounted.

I don't know how much I could give back to the club in a week. I'm still only a learner rider myself, I wouldn't give advice to any riders, apart from maybe some tips for people going for their learners. I actually wanted to buy a shirt, but orders aren't being taken. Would've went for a ride with you on the weekend (if you were riding) but I've just sold my gs500f to a mate and I was crook as. The sole reason why I went down there to buy a 250r yesterday.

I don't know where any of this smacks of excessive pride or self importance, so I don't know where you get arrogant from. I reckon naive would be a better option.

Thanks, Dave. I'll be sure to post pics when I get it.
clay
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion