carby question

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

carby question

Postby Hugo :o) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:38 pm

hey guys
For the last few days my 09 250 ninjas throttle response feels laggy and performance feels slower. I done the 1st sevice last week, and when i rode out of the dealer it felt great! later that day, i rode the hell out of it. After that day it just feels slower.

Because its a carby, could it be that i need to play around with that little black knob to get it idling just right? Can you lose power if the carby is not nsync?

Any help?
Hugo :o)

Bike: Ninja 250
State: New South Wales

Re: carby question

Postby robracer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:13 pm

The Idle adjustment will not change the performance, check with your dealer if you think something is wrong.
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Re: carby question

Postby Tack » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:17 pm

It would be unusual for the carbies to go out of sync so quickly considering that the service was done last week abd it was running ok. If the bike ran OK and then has lost performance it would most likely be another cause.

The little black knob your adjusting is the idle speed adjuster.

If it's not idling well and sems to lack performance then you can either of two problems...fuel or electrics....(unless there's no oil in it or soemthing stupid like that)

my guess is that it might be a bit of crude in the fuel filter or maybe bad fuel with water in it or a honda rider is jealous of the kawasaki performance and is sabotaging your ride. Anything is possible really .

If it's not a fuel problem then it could also be electrical. You can do some basic checks...make sure the leads are on properly.....wires correctly fitted etc etc....did they change the plugs?? You could check them if you know how!

Otherwise it might be a case that you've got use to the enormous power of the 250 kawasaki engine. :D
I live with fear everyday but on weekends she lets me ride.
Tack
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion