Its finally come down to this ...

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Its finally come down to this ...

Postby P4nza » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:17 am

:cry: Well... this is it.

On the 29 May 2009 the Road Transport (Driver Licensing) Amendment (Graduated Rider Licensing) Regulation 2009 and the Road Rules Amendment (Graduated Rider Licensing) Regulation 2009 commenced.

The object of the Road Transport (Driver Licensing) Amendment (Graduated Rider Licensing) Regulation is to make new riders of motorbikes and motor trikes subject to a graduated licence scheme similar to that which new drivers of cars are subject to, by introducing a two-stage provisional licence scheme. This scheme will require most riders to hold a provision licence for at least 3 years before being eligible to obtain an unrestricted licence.

In accordance with this scheme:
· a new rider applying for a motorcycle licence:
- will first be issued with a provisional P1 licence (as is currently the case);
- is subject to a number of conditions, including the condition that the holder not carry a passenger when riding. Failure to comply with this condition incurs 3 demerit points;
- after holding this provisional P1 licence for at least 12 months may graduate to a provisional P2 licence.

· a rider holding a provisional P2 licence:
- is subject to the conditions requiring the holder to display a “P” when riding and to only ride approved motorcycles, failure to comply with these conditions incurs 2 and 7 demerit points respectively;
- after holding the provisional P2 licence for at least 24 months may graduate to an unrestricted licence.

However, a rider may graduate directly to an unrestricted rider licence from provisional P1 licence if the rider:
- is 25 years of age or older, and
- has met the eligibility requirements to progress to a provisional P2 licence; and
- holds an unrestricted Australian driver licence.

The object of the Road Rules Amendment (Graduated Rider Licensing) Regulation is to make an amendment to rule 271-1 of the Road Rules 2008 (NSW). Rule 271-1 makes it an offence for a rider of a motorbike to carry a passenger unless the person has held a rider’s licence for at least 12 months. This rule has been amended so that it does not apply to riders who hold a provisional P1 licence as holders of these licences are already subject to this condition under clause 22 of the Road Transport (Driver Licensing) Regulation 2008.

Rule 271-1 will still however, apply in respect of riders who have been issued a licence in another State or Territory and who ride in NSW.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Good-bye my dream to own a 636 next year :cry: ....or will it? :twisted:
2009 Kwaka Ninja 250R (Charlotte) Roady SOLD :'(
2010 Kwaka Ninja 250R SE (Jenny) Tracky SOLD :'(
Now i got no kwakas to ride! :\

"...I thought my tongue was longer than that!"

Team Crashed 2010 angry9.gif
P4nza
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Don't have one
State: New South Wales

Re: Its finally come down to this ...

Postby the_shez » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:53 am

if you already have your L's as a MINIMUM then you'll be able to get the 636 because you come under the old laws rather then the new one's. These new rules only apply to people who have gotten their L's after the 29th May.
09 Ninja 250R - Peyton
the_shez
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Ninja 250

Postby ijuschill » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:09 am

That's not right you have to have your P's before the 1st of June to qualify for the old laws, I did my P's on the 29th May and asked them at the Stay upright course and I managed to just get my full licence before the they changed the laws.
If you are still on L's and do your P's now and you are over 25 you only have to hold your P's for 1 yr instead of the full 3 yrs
08 Yellow ZX6R Aka Bumblebee

The 6 is an addiction, but Green is for life! :kuda:
ijuschill
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R

Postby tim » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:31 am

P4nza wrote:· a rider holding a provisional P2 licence:
- is subject to the conditions requiring the holder to display a “P” when riding and to only ride approved motorcycles, failure to comply with these conditions incurs 2 and 7 demerit points respectively;
- after holding the provisional P2 licence for at least 24 months may graduate to an unrestricted licence.

7 POINTS OUCH!
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby the_shez » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:04 am

P4nza wrote:In accordance with this scheme:
09 Ninja 250R - Peyton
the_shez
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Ninja 250

Postby seiko1 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:33 am

On the 29 May 2019 the Road Transport (Driver Licensing) Amendment (Graduated Rider Licensing) Regulation 2019 and the Road Rules Amendment (Graduated Rider Licensing) Regulation 2019 commenced.

The object of the Road Transport (Driver Licensing) Amendment (Graduated Rider Licensing) Regulation is to make it impossible for new riders of motorbikes and motor trikes to actually exist in any way shape or form. This scheme will require most riders to hold a provision licence for at least 300 years before being eligible to obtain an unrestricted licence.

- will first be issued with a provisional licence to dream about ever being able to own a bike over 45 cc's (as is nearly the case);
- is subject to a number of conditions, including the condition that the holder not carry a firearm when riding. Failure to comply with this condition incurs 30 Lash's;
- after holding this provisional P1 licence for at least 120 year's may graduate to a provisional P2 licence.

- is subject to the conditions requiring the holder to display a “Kuda” when riding and to only ride approved motorcycles, failure to comply with these conditions incurs 20 and 70 Lash's respectively;
- after holding the provisional P2 licence for at least 240 year's may graduate to an unrestricted licence. (IN YOUR DREAM'S BUDDY)

However, a rider may graduate directly to an unrestricted rider licence from provisional P1 licence if the rider:
- is 250 years of age or older, and
- has met the eligibility requirements to progress to a provisional P2 licence; and
- holds an unrestricted Australian knock over a rider licence.

The object of the Road Rules Amendment (Graduated Rider Licensing) Regulation is to make an amendment to rule 271-1 of the Road Rules 2018 (NSW). Rule 271-1 makes it an offence for a rider of a motorbike to exist unless the person has held a dreamer’s licence for at least 120 year's. This rule has been amended so that you have little or no civil rights and shall be treated as an infantile retard who is not capable of making any decisions for his/her self! it does not apply to riders who's Parents are rich or are in the Political Arena
Rule 271-1 will still however, apply in respect of riders who have been issued a licence in another State or Territory and who ride in NSW.
Rule 271-1 has however been amended to a standard "shoot to kill" order
Policy - Find something simple.....and Complicate it!
seiko1
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX14R
State: Victoria

Postby dutchy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:17 pm

seiko1 wrote:This rule has been amended so that you have little or no civil rights and shall be treated as an infantile retard who is not capable of making any decisions for his/her self!

Righto....who started seiko off again!! :lol:
I plan on living forever..............so far so good!!
Self appointed official poon-tang image supplier to KSRC
2010 KSRC MotoGP tipping champion

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R

Postby P4nza » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:43 pm

seiko1 wrote:On the 29 May 2019 the Road Transport (Driver Licensing) Amendment (Graduated Rider Licensing) Regulation 2019 and the Road Rules Amendment (Graduated Rider Licensing) Regulation 2019 commenced.

The object of the Road Transport (Driver Licensing) Amendment (Graduated Rider Licensing) Regulation is to make it impossible for new riders of motorbikes and motor trikes to actually exist in any way shape or form. This scheme will require most riders to hold a provision licence for at least 300 years before being eligible to obtain an unrestricted licence.

- will first be issued with a provisional licence to dream about ever being able to own a bike over 45 cc's (as is nearly the case);
- is subject to a number of conditions, including the condition that the holder not carry a firearm when riding. Failure to comply with this condition incurs 30 Lash's;
- after holding this provisional P1 licence for at least 120 year's may graduate to a provisional P2 licence.

- is subject to the conditions requiring the holder to display a “Kuda” when riding and to only ride approved motorcycles, failure to comply with these conditions incurs 20 and 70 Lash's respectively;
- after holding the provisional P2 licence for at least 240 year's may graduate to an unrestricted licence. (IN YOUR DREAM'S BUDDY)

- is 250 years of age or older, and
- holds an unrestricted Australian knock over a rider licence.

The object of the Road Rules Amendment (Graduated Rider Licensing) Regulation is to make an amendment to rule 271-1 of the Road Rules 2018 (NSW). Rule 271-1 makes it an offence for a rider of a motorbike to exist unless the person has held a dreamer’s licence for at least 120 year's. This rule has been amended so that you have little or no civil rights and shall be treated as an infantile retard who is not capable of making any decisions for his/her self! it does not apply to riders who's Parents are rich or are in the Political Arena
Rule 271-1 has however been amended to a standard "shoot to kill" order

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Also no i dont have my licence thats why i have "SUSPENDED" as my avatar... my licence expired on march 2009 and dont get my car licence back till 23rd of June... so im fcuked! :twisted: ill get my 6 anyway... just take off the stickers that indicate that its a 6 :kuda:
2009 Kwaka Ninja 250R (Charlotte) Roady SOLD :'(
2010 Kwaka Ninja 250R SE (Jenny) Tracky SOLD :'(
Now i got no kwakas to ride! :\

"...I thought my tongue was longer than that!"

Team Crashed 2010 angry9.gif
P4nza
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby gpxpunk » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:54 pm

lmao!!!!

But it should say they can only graduate to a unrestricted licence if they ride a kwaka.
And restricited forever if they ride anything else.
1987 GPX250R. memories
2002 ZX7R . sold!!!!

I want My 7r BACK!!!!!!! Grrrrrr
gpxpunk
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby 6maniac » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:55 pm

dutch80au wrote:

He doesn't need help....... he spontaneously combusts !!!!!! :roll:
I've spent over 40 years of my life riding bikes .... the rest of it, I wasted ..
If it's got wheels or tits, it's gonna give you trouble !
HCST #2
Team Black '09 ..... R.I.P. - 2011.
Back in Black....2011.
6maniac
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z750

Postby dutchy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:43 pm

6maniac wrote:
dutch80au wrote:

He doesn't need help....... he spontaneously combusts !!!!!! :roll:

wouldn't have it any other way :lol: :lol:
I plan on living forever..............so far so good!!
Self appointed official poon-tang image supplier to KSRC
2010 KSRC MotoGP tipping champion

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R

Postby Blurr » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:59 pm

you need to have had your P's by June 1st to have qualified for the old laws. I am lead to believe that in the ey'se of the law your L's is not classified as a licence, it is a permit. As in Learners permit. ;)
Chariot of Fury 50cc 2stroke Race bike
Team Gumby in red
SAM & SRT Survived
Blurr

Bike: ZX10R

Postby smithy5 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:22 pm

Blurr wrote:you need to have had your P's by June 1st to have qualified for the old laws. I am lead to believe that in the ey'se of the law your L's is not classified as a licence, it is a permit. As in Learners permit. ;)

It's no longer called a permit....... it's a learners licence (my sons just got his)....... Not like the good old days when you lost your drivers licence you just went a renewed your bike permit and stayed on the road....... Never had any reason to get a full bike licence back then, just kept renewing your learners permit, over and over and over....
2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455
SRT Survivor & Oficial Photographer
smithy5
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Scooter

Postby Blurr » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:02 pm

smithy5 wrote:
Blurr wrote:you need to have had your P's by June 1st to have qualified for the old laws. I am lead to believe that in the ey'se of the law your L's is not classified as a licence, it is a permit. As in Learners permit. ;)

It's no longer called a permit....... it's a learners licence (my sons just got his)....... Not like the good old days when you lost your drivers licence you just went a renewed your bike permit and stayed on the road....... Never had any reason to get a full bike licence back then, just kept renewing your learners permit, over and over and over....

ahh times have changed , I stand corrected.

I would be interested to know if current learner licence holders will need to complete the new system.
Chariot of Fury 50cc 2stroke Race bike
Team Gumby in red
SAM & SRT Survived
Blurr

Bike: ZX10R

Postby hoffy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:15 pm

dude, that sucks donkey balls ! :x
hoffy