Rider Training

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Rider Training

Postby MattyB » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi Guys have been off two wheels for a few years and bought a bike 12 months ago now, and have been enjoying riding again greatly!
Now I think it is time to do some rider training and was wondering what everyone suggests is the best courses to do? (in Melbourne)
Thinking I could use some cornering and braking time and whatever else you guys might think is handy to cover?
Also interested in finally making it to a ride or two in the near future!
MattyB
MattyB

Bike: ZZR1100
State: Victoria

Re: Rider Training

Postby hoffy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:05 pm

We did have a rider trainer :lol: :lol: :kuda:

nah seriously, try "stay upright" courses if in Melb..or as they say there is nothing like practical experience so get out on a couple of rides with the Melbourne guys and gals !

http://www.stayupright.com.au/
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Bike: Z1000
State: New South Wales

Re: Rider Training

Postby dilligaf » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:47 pm

The HART courses are good. I've done the Intermediate and Advanced 1, about a year apart. Both cover the same sort of thing (straight line and corner braking, swerving, slow riding, throttle steering and cornering around the cones.) Advanced 1 is faster. They used to have a wall just behind the swerve indicator lights but had to stop. When it was at Calder they set the corner cones near the pit wall so you had to corner between the cone and the wall. Came away from both with better braking technique and much quicker corner turn in.
If you're confident try the Advanced 1. Its on their bike.
That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900
State: Victoria

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion