Do you two communicate at home or only on the internet :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stopping=Crashing!
Disco
Team Monster

Bike: ZX6R
State: Please Select a State

Re: So i got my L's... what next

Postby Dizzi » Thu May 21, 2009 8:23 pm

Yeah pretty much just here now heck who needs to communicate face to face right!!!!! :lol: it's all overrated, this is what happens when you have tech/computer addicts :kuda: :kuda: oh so two addictions now think the bike will win though :kuda: :kuda: :kuda: :kuda: :kuda:
10 Green ZX6R

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
Dizzi
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

State: New South Wales

Postby DMonkey » Thu May 21, 2009 9:23 pm

hahaha yea the fearlessness does help... its also the allure of working at PWC the FREE bike parking is right at the front door of the office literally! :) It will be crazy but im sure as long as im careful leave plenty of space and just keep SCANNING i will survive... i hope anyway if not it was nice knowing you guys lol and it least it will happen doing something i already love afer 3 days! Though have wanted to do since i was about 6 :D But seriously ill just be way careful and just give myself space i will survive ive been riding like 2 hours ever avo this week already racked up nearly 200Ks and i got my licence on Tuesday lol! Hopefully doing some riding with my mate on Sunday and will probs ride heaps on Saturday to! Hopefully come for a ride with you guys Sunday week in the Nash, whoever does that run! Cause on the 15th of next month i have to get my wisdom teeth cut out so will probe be to sore to put a helmet on for a week or 2 :(
Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ...Holy shit...What a ride!
Team Crash '09', '10'
DMonkey
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Don't have one
State: Victoria

Postby ijuschill » Thu May 21, 2009 10:08 pm

Sounds like you are enjoying the freedom of riding.
That will suck when you get the teeth out not being able to ride. Good luck :kuda:
08 Yellow ZX6R Aka Bumblebee

The 6 is an addiction, but Green is for life! :kuda:
ijuschill
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby gpxpunk » Thu May 21, 2009 10:27 pm

all i can say is get as much riding done as you can, never leave anything to the last minute. i raqck up about 250 ks a week going to and from work. and another 200-300ks on the sunday run at the old road. if you can handle that, you should be right after the 3 months to do the most test.
1987 GPX250R. memories
2002 ZX7R . sold!!!!

I want My 7r BACK!!!!!!! Grrrrrr
gpxpunk
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby boozatboo » Sat May 23, 2009 6:22 pm

Dizzi wrote:Some awesome tips here guys, I needed to read this stuff, feeling a lil disheartened at the moment as am not up to where I wanted to be as far as riding goes, but I think I will just stick to the local streets for a way bit longer practicing the stopping and starting, that is where I need to get it down packed. :oops:

Ah don't worry Dizzi Lizzi...

I thought I was going great guns and now I feel unnerved...

Don't know if it's normal.. but I've totall y lost the plot and to my
dismay I dropped my bike AGAIN !!!!!!!

I am so spewing.... I hate losing control of my baby expecially
when I am doing really slow STUPID turns (in parking lots) !!!!

Anyway, look, you have your days... I guess...
This crappy weather doesn't help...

I was doing fine until Richo told me that it is extra dangerous
riding in wet weather... I was actually still riding around
everywhere then I locked the back brake and skidded on my
way back home on Friday.... 3 times... Totally lost my confidence...

I'm hoping it will get better with better weather...
It takes time like all things... I think the important thing
is to just ENJOY whatever little bit you can do....
Even if that means dropping the bike... looking like a goose
and having to ask for help to lift it up off the ground because
your arms are too scrawny to pick up your own bike !!!

It's not a race... it's just an experience.... :D

Andrea
HONDA VTR250 - Charlie !!!

ZIGGY Z1000
boozatboo
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Z1000

Postby Dizzi » Sat May 23, 2009 6:26 pm

Yeah I hear ya hun, maybe we should go up to the industrial area together and ride around again, don't get unnerved your doing so well hun, hey check your PM when you get a chance just sent you message before. :D
10 Green ZX6R

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
Dizzi
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Strika » Sat May 23, 2009 9:36 pm

Andrea, just remember that 90% of your braking is done with the front brake. So logically you should apportion 90% of the brake pressure to the front brake. Just get back out there, use a little more distance for braking and get off that back brake. I know they teach you to apply the front and rear brakes simultaneously these days, but I still reckon they should disconnect the back one until you have a good understanding of how the front one works! I barely use my back brake at all, apart from slow speed lane splitting or on a race track. On the road I leave it well alone. I'd encourage you to do the same.
I hope you get your confidence back soon enough. A good run in the dry might help to return you to your former confidence. :)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Postby Dizzi » Sat May 23, 2009 9:41 pm

OOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Strika you don't know how much you have just helped me out, if I see Andrea on the road before she sees your post I will so let her know, I have been spinning out with all this breaking stuff not knowing when to use which one best, so the back end won't spin out if you are using the front, not on a sharp corner but say on a bend?
10 Green ZX6R

Dizzi
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Cedric25 » Sat May 23, 2009 10:11 pm

Get to the track :lol: That'll teach you all you need to know about Sydney traffic hahaha
Cedric25
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R

Postby fireyrob » Sat May 23, 2009 10:11 pm

Dizzi get all your braking done before the corner... Never brake mid corner or it will end in :cry: Especially since your new to all this. Some use rear brake mid corner but really thats only a speed adjustment and not something I recommend practicing on the road for a newbie!!! Once your into a corner its look to where you want to go (ie on a left bend look as far left and ahead as possible) and lean the farker! If you use brakes at this point your either going to stand the bike up and run forward straight ahead across the road or lowside dropping the bike from underneath you...

Might be an idea to get on some riding courses / schools. The low speed stuff at the L's & P's test just doesnt cut it!

Might be good to find some reading known as Twist of the Wrist 1 & 2...
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z1000

Postby Dizzi » Sat May 23, 2009 10:19 pm

Yeah, yeah but you know for example on the ol road right when you got all those bends, not so much a sharp turn into a street, but a long bend for example do you use the brakes slightly at least or do you use the gears to slow it up? where I live right i have all these winding roads and major hills so one of them is a steep hill with a bend going down it I have very slightly eased on the brakes and it worked but do you use both or one only?
10 Green ZX6R

Dizzi
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby gpxpunk » Sat May 23, 2009 10:56 pm

Dizzi go behind DAve3 or Cath one time on the old road, watch there braking habits. there position, and when and if they brake. Dave said to me once never to brake in a corner, and i rarely brake at all when im on the old road. the gears can slow you down good enough, but remember what gear you are in you dont want to lock up the back.
1987 GPX250R. memories
2002 ZX7R . sold!!!!

I want My 7r BACK!!!!!!! Grrrrrr
gpxpunk
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Dizzi » Sat May 23, 2009 11:06 pm

Yeah thanks dude will do, I actually have the feel of the gears pretty good and have been using them to slow down when need be rather than the brakes, so thanks for the advice cause that answers if I am doing that right, :kuda: learnt to drive on a manual so the whole listening and feeling the revs for the gears I do heaps, all this has made me want to go and try it all out now. I swear everyone on this forum just rocks :kuda: :kuda: :kuda:
10 Green ZX6R

Dizzi
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion