P's in WA

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

P's in WA

Postby jockey123 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi All

Im thinking about booking in for my test in WA to get my P's for my RE, although im wanting to know what they look for mostly and any tips on what I should and shouldnt be doing.

Also does anyone know what the go is with my P's for my bike, I currently have my full car licence and the person at the licencing place told me when I get my bike licence I will go straight onto my opens because I have my car opens.

Does this mean I will go straight onto R type licence or still have to have my RE's for 12 months?

Cheers

Jockey :D
jockey123

Bike: GPx250
State: Western Australia

Re: P's in WA

Postby corvus2606 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:37 pm

not 100% on WA.

but everywhere else you still go on to Ps, but for a reduced time (except NSW soon ;) )
2002 GPX250 - Gone
2003 ER-5 - Gone
1986 GPZ1000rx - Under Construction
corvus2606
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ER5
State: ACT

Re: P's in WA

Postby cowasaki » Fri May 08, 2009 9:59 am

IF you have P's on your car.. you will have P's on your bike and Visa Versa.

So if you have a car licence here in WA and no P. You will have No P on your bike (confusing myself)

However, you will still be required to ride a 250 for a total of 12 months, previously you had to go back to the DPI to get another Learners Permit for your R Class.

This has recently changed, upon gaining your RE you automatically have your R Class Learners (ie there is no longer a piece of paper you have to carry about, but you must adhere to all the normal rules.. ie L plates, and appropriately licenced shadow)

When you want to actually book your R Class test, you will need to go and pay the fee at DPI before you can book the test.

Hope this helps :)
cowasaki
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: GPz500
State: Western Australia

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion