03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z1000
State: New South Wales

Re: Kevin, did you get your P's ?????

Postby kevindinho » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:48 pm

YEAH!!! i slaughtered the test mate!! Thanks for ya help Tim :kuda: i think i didn't loose a single point 8)
The instructor i had David was sooo lenient it wasn't even funny, this chick couldn't clear the u-turns nor the cone weave but managed to get through and complete with 8 points just under the 9 limit in the actual M.O.S.T we were all so proud of her hahaha and David even made sure we did our head checks by standing in front of our bikes before we took off hahah what a champion. Overall a great day everyone passed and had a good time :D

Btw Tim ill come practice with ya again before u go for you P's this time with my ZXR, i'm pretty sure your all set already hahah.
When i grow up i want a ZX6R just like Rob Racer...

Craving PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE....mmmm
kevindinho
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Yamaha

Postby kevindinho » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:49 pm

fireyrob wrote:and where's my $900 kevin?

ZX10R can't be that cheap....is this a scam?

kevindinho
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby tim » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:11 pm

kevindinho wrote:

HAHAHA good comeback! It did go down turn one at EC tho :twisted:

Well done on the test mate, but damn that sounds ridiculously easy!

I got a feeling the RTA might not like the sounds of what you just said too much, nor the guys bosses.

If one of you guys had an accident because you weren't "skilled" enough to move onto your full licence............ :? impossible to prove tho.

So, one year 'till the ZX10R then Kevin :twisted:
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby kevindinho » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:47 pm

well i think we all had the skills to complete the test it was just a matter of practice :) and being confident with the skills acquired.
That being said the test would have been more demanding than the "ride around the block pay me 70$" test that many "seasoned" members have talked about. But i'm sure if everyone did some practice with some tape and a trusty tap measure they will all pass.

ZX6R mate :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 12months to go!! Thanks again Tim i probably woulda screwed up the U-turn if it wasn't for that bit of practice we did :kuda:

kevindinho
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby tim » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:11 pm

kevindinho wrote:ZX6R mate :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 12months to go!! Thanks again Tim i probably woulda screwed up the U-turn if it wasn't for that bit of practice we did :kuda:

No prob mate. Good move using that Scorpion250, it made that u-turn and slow riding so easy! Opened your eyes up to different bikes too hey from your reactions yesterday 8)

Wonder if you'll be able to nail the 6m uturn on your ZXR250 when you get it back.....
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby robracer » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:16 pm

Good news there Kevin, congrats on the pass mate 8)
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby kevindinho » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Thanks Rob just need to take it easy for 12months on the bike....or focus on not gettn caught for speeding :twisted:

kevindinho
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby fireyrob » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:01 pm

tim wrote:
kevindinho wrote:

HAHAHA good comeback!

Yeah one of the best :?
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z1000

Postby tim » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:50 pm

:P
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby zx-10r » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:58 am

kevindinho wrote:The instructor i had David was sooo lenient it wasn't even funny, this chick couldn't clear the u-turns nor the cone weave but managed to get through

:shock: although these people are already on the road with thier L's, they should at least get some rider training becuase a few weeks ago i seen a learner (L's or P's) turn a corner, not manage to stay in the midle of the road rather ride up really close to the curb in a VERY uncontrolled manner. yes, this doesnt mean you are going to crash, but you will be putting yourself into alot more situations where someone is gonna open a door on you/cut out infront, what have you

I dont know how it is in other states but NSW is way too easy to get your L's. You go to a basket ball court and go around a square at 15km/h and if you just manage to do this without crashing and dropping your bike you are let loose on the road.
A one day course at a track where you might learn some more skills at slightly higher pace and the instructor can assess whether you are able to ride. I mean if they cannot complete something simple like this, lets be honest they probably are not fit for the road.

This pos government should spend less on stopping us from 'speeding' and more on riding safely even if that means sometimes going less than the signed speed limit (and most times above it :twisted: :kuda: )
Let the good times roll.

2007 zx-10R Gallery : http://www.flickr.com/photos/41942460@N ... 052319987/
zx-10r
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R

Postby kevindinho » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:13 am

zx-10r- yea i completely agree with you, the learners course is way too easy yet some of my mates actually failed it :( they should def make the course at a higher road speed where they will actually learn something. I too think that training and education far way more important than restricting people.

Rob- lol you'll get ur $$ soon mate don't stress, i haven't received mine either farking kev....

kevindinho
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby tim » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:34 am

zx-10r wrote:
kevindinho wrote:The instructor i had David was sooo lenient it wasn't even funny, this chick couldn't clear the u-turns nor the cone weave but managed to get through

A one day course at a track where you might learn some more skills at slightly higher pace and the instructor can assess whether you are able to ride. I mean if they cannot complete something simple like this, lets be honest they probably are not fit for the road.

)

I agree, for her safety. Better to fail her and teach her, than let her loose on the road, and if she hardly rides for a year she can ride any bike she wants. :?

From memory the car ps test is MUCH more stringent than that!
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Glen » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:42 am

You have to remember just like with a car people are still learning when they are on their P's. The systems not trying to churn out Casey Stoners but providing some basic skills and hopefully the righ attitude via the roadcraft sessions to get you onto the road practisng. The sad thing is most students see the P's course as simply something they have to do to get their license. If they actually listened to the roadcraft bit they'd be pretty well armed on the road. Unfortunately very few get that bit right and they crash.

If you stiffen up the P's test with more stringent courses etc the cost will be prohibitive eg go and try get a bike license in many European countries. In some your up for >$2000.

The girl that passed after missing the Uturn and the cone weave? Yep that's possible. It also means she lost nothing in braking. Id rather ride with her than someone who got the Uturn and lost points in braking. Was she riding her own bike? or did she do like some and hire one because they think they can't pass on their own bike. If she's not worthy of a license then neither is anyone who does the test on a bike other the one they normally ride. I'm not trying to be a smart arse but it's not easy to make judgements on this. I personally disagree with hiring bikes unless you don't own one at all. Ok you might miss the Uturn if it's a sporty or a cruiser but you stand a better chance on something you're familiar with, particularly in braking

Overall the licensing system in NSW isn't that bad. Yes it is a little easy and was made so a couple of years ago but only by making the Uturn bigger and spreading the cones out. Hopefully a decent instructor will pass onthe notion that you now have a license but you still have a lot to learn and that you should seek out additional training.

I should add that the instructor wasn't being lenient. There is no room for subjectivity in the tests. Touch a line or put a foot down and you lose points, there is no judgement involved, unless he deliberately ignored a point losing moment. This is unlikely as the RTA put plants into courses and if you do something dodgey you lose your instructors ticket
Last edited by Glen on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Next

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion