Switch to full style
Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250
Forum rules
Post a reply

Re: should i? or shouldnt i? 7 months to go!

Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:24 am

hey mate!

everyone is saying the right thing about insurance but heres a really good reason not to buy just yet.
if you have money in the bank then wait a while and keep your eye out on ebay and bikesales. specially ebay as people who want to sell in a hurry often list on ebay. almost every few weeks there is a bike listed that needs to be sold in a hurry and is a few grand cheaper. you can save a few grand or probably buy a newer bike. just wait around and you will get an incredible deal. i got both my bikes off ebay and both were deals that saved me about 5 g between them :D :D

Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:41 pm

yea its not worth the risk...got away with driving a prohibited vehicle (car) last year whilst on my P's farking taxed me $400 and 8 demerits :x , its just a matter of time so just wait it out. 250s aren't that bad!! also if you get caught after June you'll probably need to hold your P's for longer as they changed the rules.

Wed May 27, 2009 8:34 pm

its me again i called the RTA i can get my full licence on the 3rd of october i have brought a yamaha R6 im tempted but i still have my ZXR250 im just wondering how many points is it if i get busted riding the R6?

Wed May 27, 2009 8:47 pm

Me thinks kev (above) is on the ball ;)
Major point.........I think the insurance risk is too high.

Wed May 27, 2009 9:24 pm

5 months is a short time to wait, now that you've bought the R6 your going to be tempted to do the dodge! Don't get tempted its not worth it man trust me!! Better hit the tracks mate :twisted: :twisted:

Wed May 27, 2009 9:31 pm

im looking into track days as i type this msg ;)

Thu May 28, 2009 5:24 pm

trying to find a little beauty, just need to check it out. And will be doing the xmas track day on it. :kuda:

Thu May 28, 2009 5:44 pm

from reading some other post i cant even ride my R6 on the track

Thu May 28, 2009 6:14 pm

gazza2008au wrote:from reading some other post i cant even ride my R6 on the track

You could be right there..... just contact the organisers & check with them.

Thu May 28, 2009 6:20 pm

ill have my full licence b4 the xmas track day so im all good lol

Thu May 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Dont do it. :twisted:

Take it from someone that did and paid the price. :oops:

I t-boned a car many many moons ago (he pulled out in front of me, but I was overtaking on the inside so it was technically my fault) with my GPX550 (which should have been a 250 back then) .. I wrote my bike AND the car I hit off, plus ended up in the back of an ambo . . .

Needless to say, I forked out for everything out of my own pocket. Insurance wouldnt touch me.

I say again..

DO NOT DO IT

Also .... the wait will make the reward just that much better ;) :kuda:

Thu May 28, 2009 9:32 pm

LOL!! Richo nice location man, i just googled it.....What a surprise!!!

Thu May 28, 2009 10:20 pm

just do what im doing haha buy a bigger bike put in the garage and look , stare and dream hahaha

Fri May 29, 2009 8:33 am

kevindinho wrote:LOL!! Richo nice location man, i just googled it.....What a surprise!!!

I just wanted to be accurate ;)

Fri May 29, 2009 11:23 am

mate i reccomend not to do it, my mate bought a Ducati 1198 S while he was still on his p's and got done twice and lost his licence for around 6 months! Also no insurance! That is another bad one! What if you run into the back of a BMW or a Merc could be an expensive lesson! i Know i hit a merc at about 10km\s an hour in my car and did around 4G damage (and that was an older model one) imagine even 30KM an hour on a bike!
But then again its up to you mate!
Post a reply