should i? or shouldnt i? 7 months to go!

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

should i? or shouldnt i? 7 months to go!

Postby gazza2008au » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:58 pm

i get my full licence in 7 months and im about to buy another bike after selling my ZXR250 and hyosung GT650 a few months ago now ive been looking at bikes and i can get a ZX6R for the amount of cash i have should i take the gamble? i know its the wrong thing to do and i will be tempted to throw a leg over her in the next 7 months but its tempting to buy the bigger bike! what should i do? currently on my P's
gazza2008au
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX7R
State: New South Wales

Re: should i? or shouldnt i? 7 months to go!

Postby seiko1 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:07 pm

I had a 350 on my learners but things were a bit easier in the early eighties.
No-one will tell you to skirt the law, it's a decision best left to your own conciense, cause we don't wanna be responsible if you get collared and have to wait longer for a big bike. :roll:
Policy - Find something simple.....and Complicate it!
seiko1
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX14R
State: Victoria

Postby mick_dundee » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:35 am

As Seiko says, thre are plenty that ride a bigger bike before they're allowed too, some get away with it, some get nabbed. What you really really don't want is to get into an accident on a bigger bike before you're allowed to ride it, you'll find TAC won't cover any injuries you sustain so if that means an ambulance ride to a hospital, mthen the bill is yours, whereas if you get into the same situ on the 2R TAC will cover it all, wages etc too.
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

Bike: Suzuki

Postby robracer » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:44 am

+1 Thems good enough reasons :?
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby Mike » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:45 am

Not worth the risk. I meet a guy on his L's riding an R1 around the other day, needless to say his riding suffered pretty badly jumping onto a R1 to learn on.

Do your time on your restrictions now and save some more money for the upgrade :kuda:
Fat Monkey Industries - Suppliers of carbon fibre parts for late model sports bikes. Check out our website
Inquires welcome. sales@fatmonkeyindustries.com.au

Join Team Ghetto Racing
Mike
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX6R
State: ACT

Postby dilligaf » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:34 pm

and no insurance if your not licenced for the bike (they will sell you insurance of course, just not pay out)
That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900

Postby Gazza » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:49 pm

its only 7 little months ;)
its not worth the heartache 8) :kuda:
2005 zx10r
Gazza
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R

Postby gpxpunk » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:12 pm

i have the smae problem dude, i have 8 months and the 250 is just gettign way to small, but i see it this way, i can throw the little thing around and practice more{never stop learning all your life}, and also the zx6r is good to buy now but you could also wait abit and get a newier one later on when the prices drop.
Also yeah if you have a accident, you are up for everything, i wouldnt risk it!!
1987 GPX250R. memories
2002 ZX7R . sold!!!!

I want My 7r BACK!!!!!!! Grrrrrr
gpxpunk
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Don't have one

Postby mike-s » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:08 pm

ever consider dropping the money into an ING account and get interest on it (and throw any spare cash in too to bump up your capital) for when your legally allowed to ride one of these big boy toys?

or you could get another shitter to keep your practice up on and throw the remaining cash in an account as i have just suggested.
If it hurts, you aren't doing it right.
mike-s

Bike: Suzuki

Postby gazza2008au » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:26 pm

yeah im just going to buy another ZXR250 problem is all the bikes im fiding are in other states :cry:
gazza2008au
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX7R

Postby Strika » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:49 pm

I for one am not going to advocate breaking the law, nor am I going to advocate being a conformist wimp! :lol: I owned a 400 then a 1000 before I even got a licence! then...decided to "do the right thing" :roll: , and went and got my L's. I stayed on a 250 (all be it a modified, gen 200kph 250 TZR) till the very day I passed my test for my P's. That day, I rode straight down to Jack's place and traded it on a 750! :lol: I just never wore P plates! So, I for one could never discourage such activities due to being entirely hypocritical! :oops: :lol: But, then again.......don;t tell anyone, but I've broken the speed limit!!!! Ah ha! Naughty little boy aren't I! I've also taken the lords name in vein, fornicated with women...who are not my wife and gaurantee will do so again! :D
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha

Postby Big Al Glynn » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:37 pm

Strika wrote:I've broken the speed limit!!!! Ah ha! Naughty little boy aren't I! I've also taken the lords name in vein, fornicated with women...who are not my wife and gaurantee will do so again! :D

Say three Hail Marys and one Our Father, go in peace my son. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Big Al
I told the wife I would be home after 8..... (I meant 8 Pints)
Big Al Glynn
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX9R

Postby Strika » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:12 pm

Big Al Glynn wrote:
Strika wrote:I've broken the speed limit!!!! Ah ha! Naughty little boy aren't I! I've also taken the lords name in vein, fornicated with women...who are not my wife and gaurantee will do so again! :D

Say three Hail Marys and one Our Father, go in peace my son. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thank you father! :lol:
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha

Postby seiko1 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:07 pm

It's killing me being responsible too guy's.
I mean who the fuck am I kidding? I've overtaken a cop doing 180 over double white lines in an 80 zone.
Past a police radar doing about 270 (speedo said 300) and countless other shit (including the woman thing).
I frigin hate being responsible and I'm dead set bored fucking shitless with it, but none the less I'm at the age where it is expected of me.
But on the other hand, I'm old enough to know, that age and wisdom don't necessarily go hand in hand.
Especially in my case!!!!!!!!!
Instead of this particular law being based on ability! it is based on the same old generic shit the rest of our society is, "what best suits the MINORITY" :roll:
Policy - Find something simple.....and Complicate it!
seiko1

Bike: ZX14R

Postby Saki » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:02 pm

i did 8 months on my 636 on a 250 licence without any problems. Then i got caught and lost licence for 3 months, racked enough pts and lost it for another 3 months on top of that and then had to goto court!
But upto u! U r hte one that has to wear it. We will all tell u not to cause we can ride our big bikes so makes no real difference to us!

Plus why do you need to ask our permission? Just cause we say YEAH GO FOR IT, isn't going to make things easier with the police if you get caught, so hard fact is, u gotta decide!
ZX-2R '88 -> ZX636 '06 -> ZX-9R '99 -> ZX-10R '04 -> Z1000 '03 -> ZX-10R '04 -> ZX-10R '08
Saki
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R
State: Western Australia

Next

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion