OMG i think im gonna give up!

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

OMG i think im gonna give up!

Postby kevindinho » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi all!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their festive season with no hiccups, enjoying the sunshine and riding trouble free unlike me. Man my bike has been giving me the shits for the last couple of months since i've purchased it from Bike Biz, problems here there everywhere!!! I've brought it back to them 3 times already once they spent a month on it without knowing what the problem was. I finally got it back after they rebuilt the Carbie and today i had more issues. Usually its getting the damn thing to start but today it was stalling at the lights none stop, after awhile it just dies all together (where is the crying smilie???) its freaking embarrassing and dangerous not to mention f@#$king HOT (literally) what meant to be a beautiful Sunday ride with a few mates turned out to be a fat ugly disaster. First i couldn't find anyone to come tow my bike then i had to push my bike around the car park to find a spot to hide for the night (thanks to the friendly staff @ DFO) then i got a mate to drive me all the way home and we realized that one of our mates dad has a ute, back to DFO. Finally we managed to push the bike on with a plank of wood strapped the thing down and drive all the way back home. I think my bike has done more K's on a back of a ute than me actually riding it LOL. Enough with the bitching so yea the moral of the story is to get a RELIABLE BIKE!!! (Don't get a ZXR250 even from a dealer) 500k's on this bad girl and I've had enough! (SIGH) Happy holidays and Ride safe everyone!!!!!!!
When i grow up i want a ZX6R just like Rob Racer...

Craving PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE....mmmm
kevindinho
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Yamaha
State: New South Wales

Re: OMG i think im gonna give up!

Postby hoffy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:48 pm

mate sounds like you are getting ass raped by bike biz, take it to aitkens at liverpool and speak to jamie and tell him your ksrc member, ask if they can diagnose the issue so you at least know whats wrong first !
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Bike: Z1000

Postby hoffy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:49 pm

mate sounds like you are getting ass raped by bike biz, take it to aitkens at liverpool and speak to jamie and tell him your ksrc member, ask if they can diagnose the issue so you at least know whats wrong first !
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Postby JetPilot » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:42 am

I've been looking at a few bikes lately and there are some real ordinary ones at BB.
Kawasaki Z1000r 2012
JetPilot
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Phil » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:02 am

I'd just steer well clear of all 4 cylinder 4 stroke 250's. The good ones seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo.

Get rid of it and get a gpx/zzr/Ninja250, you will be less frustrated and more keen to ride.
;)
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby Rusty » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:23 am

Phil wrote:I'd just steer well clear of all 4 cylinder 4 stroke 250's.

I'd add "unless you want something to do up or thrash silly and you know what you're doing mechanically."
Rusty
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX9R
State: Queensland

Postby kevindinho » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:31 am

Your right Hoffy Bike Biz have been bum raping me without lube for ages, i spent 6800$ thinking that this was a decent one and every time i take it back they say there's nothing wrong with it (this was after the 1month rebuild which they couldn't find out what the problem was) :x i think i'm not gonna bother with this ZX2R anymore its too unreliable might as well get a V-twin as Phil mentioned. (Eyes the Hyosung :lol: ) I'm gonna miss my whiny 4
When i grow up i want a ZX6R just like Rob Racer...

Craving PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE PIE....mmmm
kevindinho
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Yamaha

Postby Phil » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:46 am

Rusty wrote:
Phil wrote:I'd just steer well clear of all 4 cylinder 4 stroke 250's.

I'd add "unless you want something to do up or thrash silly and you know what you're doing mechanically."

Yep, good call Rusty (another smart ZX-9R owner)
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby Phil » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:50 am

kevindinho wrote::x i think i'm not gonna bother with this ZX2R anymore its too unreliable might as well get a V-twin as Phil mentioned. (Eyes the Hyosung :lol: ) I'm gonna miss my whiny 4

Whoa, steady on :shock: . I never told you to get a V-Twin :shock: , the gpx/zzr/Ninja250 are parralel twins - not a big fan of V-Twins myself :kuda:

And all aspersions aside, I have heard people really like their 650 Hyosungs, I wouldnt bother with the 250 though.
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby Chris10r » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:47 am

I had a FZR250RRR many moons ago that would do the same thing, flood at the snick of the throttle, cough out at the lights and refuse to start
Stay away from all 250rrrrrs
If you need to feel like a gp rider get a RS125, would teach you how to ride thats for sure
Chris10r

Bike: ZX10R

Postby hoffy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:11 pm

Just get a gpx/zzr....they might not go as fast, but at least they go !! :kuda:

and your only on 250 while your learning, dont blow too much cash on it, as it will be long gone and forgotton after a year anyways..
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Postby mike-s » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:35 pm

As suggested give Aitkens a buzz and see if they can suss it out. At least get a 2nd opinion as sometimes r.e. problems some people can't see the forest for the tree's. a.k.a taking a man look, (i.e. its right in front of ya, but you can't see it!)
If it hurts, you aren't doing it right.
mike-s
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: Suzuki

Postby fadz90 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:22 pm

i got a zxr250 and let me tell you i've had mroe then my fair share of problems, but if you look after your bike it will look after you to. i tend to keep those sort of bikes as a weekender lol, they are good bikes.. but dont forget they are old, its just like any old car, if they have had ahard life, be expected to rip a few holes in your wallet.
fadz90
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R

Postby hoffy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:33 pm

Kev, Ebay my friend ! :kuda:
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Postby gpxpunk » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:12 pm

fadz90 wrote:i got a zxr250 and let me tell you i've had mroe then my fair share of problems, but if you look after your bike it will look after you to. i tend to keep those sort of bikes as a weekender lol, they are good bikes.. but dont forget they are old, its just like any old car, if they have had ahard life, be expected to rip a few holes in your wallet.

Hey there, fadz90, My GPX250is 22 years old and she is perfect, lol apart from body work, which is what happens when you buy an ex rental. but as you said if you take care of it , it will take care of you. all i didwith mine was clean the carbies, replace the clutch plates, oil and drain the tank aand now she starts first time everytime.
1987 GPX250R. memories
2002 ZX7R . sold!!!!

I want My 7r BACK!!!!!!! Grrrrrr
gpxpunk
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Don't have one

Next

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion