Gpx250 question

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Gpx250 question

Postby gpxpunk » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:39 pm

hi all,

just quickly i had to replace one of my rear blinkers coz it snapped from age or something.

i was wondering why do we need the lower ones when there is blinkers next to the brake light.
Is it not aloud coz they are too close together or is just a japan thing.

When i took the covers off i found brand new globes, and checked the back and the wires had just been cut.

??????
1987 GPX250R. memories
2002 ZX7R . sold!!!!

I want My 7r BACK!!!!!!! Grrrrrr
gpxpunk
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Don't have one
State: New South Wales

Re: Gpx250 question

Postby Cwidova » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:44 pm

from my understanding it is because they are too close...i posted previously askeing how close they are allowed to be and found out it is dependant on the state you live in but for vic it is 300mm....although most scooters standard are below that and generally if it looks standard you can get away with it but then again you might not if you get a copper that knows what he lookin for :P
'06 ZX6R
'10 FE390
Cwidova
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX6R
State: Victoria

Postby gpxpunk » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:22 pm

Cwidova wrote:from my understanding it is because they are too close...i posted previously askeing how close they are allowed to be and found out it is dependant on the state you live in but for vic it is 300mm....although most scooters standard are below that and generally if it looks standard you can get away with it but then again you might not if you get a copper that knows what he lookin for :P

very true, he cops around here are pricks so they would try and get me. Its just it would be a hell of alot easier if they were where they are surppost to be. Plus they look alot better without the the after market ones sticking out.
I saw one on youtube with this guy from america ripping them off and putting them back in the original position.
1987 GPX250R. memories
2002 ZX7R . sold!!!!

gpxpunk
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby jockey123 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:18 pm

I am currently awaiting my new blinkers for my GPX250 to upgrade them from the ones that stick out of the bike to clear plates either side of brake lights with orange bulbs and more slim line ones for the front ones. Hopefully will look good!?

I ordered them new from asiancycle.com and all up for all the parts I will need cost me about $85ish including P&H!

I know it may be illegal (300mm between blinkers??) but im will to take the risk as im sure most cops will not be bothered with picking me up with the amount of other crimes going on around here!
jockey123

Bike: GPx250
State: Western Australia

Postby Nosferatu » Wed May 06, 2009 1:45 pm

a mate of mine had a zzr 250 as his first bike and found the same thing. the original blinkers on either side of the brake light had just been painted over and the light disconnected. a bit of sanding and a wire repair later, and it looked so much better. dunno what it is in southern states, but here in qld, distance apart for rear blinkers is 300mm from center of blinker to center of blinker.
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
Nosferatu
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Postby gpxpunk » Wed May 06, 2009 9:07 pm

yeah same in nsw, but alot of aftermarket kits you see are under 300mm, and alot of people get away with it. having problems again with my bloody blinkers and might just bite the bullet and connect the side ones up.
1987 GPX250R. memories
2002 ZX7R . sold!!!!

gpxpunk
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion