MOST Test NSW

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Re: MOST Test NSW

Postby fireyrob » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:06 pm

Once youve passed the P's course then you get a go at the MOST test. If you fail it then you get to book the MOST test only for your second crack....

If you fail a second time Id seriously consider your own personal safety on a bike ;) It aint that hard
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z1000
State: New South Wales

Postby gazza2008au » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:18 pm

Once youve passed the P's course then you get a go at the MOST test. If you fail it then you get to book the MOST test only for your second crack....
that works out weird but i seen a guy say this in the other MOST thread aswell thanks guys your help is much appreciated ill let ya's know how i go :D
gazza2008au
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX7R

Postby gazza2008au » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:22 pm

well guys i booked in on this past monday and i got in for this thursday (today) i done the test and all i can say is HOLLY shit that test is really hard :shock: :shock: :shock: i thought i was going to fail on the U turn as when i was practicing i keeped on putting my foot down it was bloody hard as the instructor put the U turn up on a hill anyways at the end of the day the instructor moved everything around and set out the MOST course i was prepaired to go first but others jumped in first so i waited patiently and shitting my self! as i was watching i noticed one guy fail on the U turn he touched the ground first touch was 3 points second touch was 5 points than he rode over the U turn line another 5 points (anything over 8 is a fail) so i said to the boys watch me as i had an idea when it come to doing the U turn i come in normal and left the U turn over the line scoring me a perfect 5 points i chose to do this than failing by putting my feet down 3 times to stop so it was smart thinking!!!! learners take note of this :lol: your points are there to use.... but i do feel as if i cheated the system haha than i come to the speed and braking test i asked the instuctor how fast she replyed as fast as i wanted so i hammered it registered 29kph on the radar the instructor later commented it was the quickest time she had seen lol also she said my stopping distance was well over and that would have been 5 points but she deducted those 5 points due to my speed and the rest of the test i blitzed and now im off tomorrow to the RTA for my P's also guys the instructor said the RTA will be introducing the same thing as the car drivers with L's,red P's,green P's she doesnt know when this is coming into effect but it will be soon so for those on your L's pull a finger out :P
gazza2008au
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Six Addict » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:29 pm

good stuff gazza!!!

lucky break with the breaking test (pardon the pun) i thought earlier in the day they tell u how fast to do the braking test?? then u should just get the feel... i think it was around 25?? geln may be able to set this straight...

i can understand the u-turn difficulties on the ZX2R altho we did have a guy inmy group nail it on a cbr250... :?

congratulations mate 8)
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati

Postby gazza2008au » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:35 pm

thanks mate :D a guy in our group nailed it on a cbr two fiddy i donno how but he done it it must have a lower centre of gravity to the zxr and maybe more turning? there was another guy trying to do the test runs on hes zxr aswell he complained he ended up hiring the cb250 to do the final test and passed another guy on a hyosung also passed with 0 points bloody donno how but he managed it
gazza2008au
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Six Addict » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:39 pm

did u fully master the art of counter leaning off the bike... i'm sure you could do it a 10 if u tried really hard ;)
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati

Postby gazza2008au » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:44 pm

its to hard for those speeds we were bairly rolling trying to keep the bike ballance the instructor reckons she had the U turn set at 4.1m insted of 6.1m as the final test had
gazza2008au
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Glen » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:34 am

baby_ninja wrote:good stuff gazza!!!

lucky break with the breaking test (pardon the pun) i thought earlier in the day they tell u how fast to do the braking test?? then u should just get the feel... i think it was around 25?? geln may be able to set this straight...

i can understand the u-turn difficulties on the ZX2R altho we did have a guy inmy group nail it on a cbr250... :?

congratulations mate 8)

Yep you have to be between 20 - 30km/h for both the braking and the swerve. If you're too slow you're supposed to get only one extra chance. If your too fast that's cool but you're still supposed to stop in the 30 km/h distance.

The instructor not deducting points for missing the stop at 29km/h is weird because that's within the range. What I would say Gazza is that the stop is at about half the minimum speed that you'll need to do it at on the street if you get in a pickle, so if you're at all dodgey then go and practise braking like buggery.

Congratulations Gazza. Take it easy out there

Cheers
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby gazza2008au » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:42 am

i actually think the speed i was doing was 39kph not 29kph hence why she said it was the fastest she had seen :lol: my braking is excellet 16 years of motorcross comes in handy
gazza2008au
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Glen » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:07 pm

gazza2008au wrote:i actually think the speed i was doing was 39kph not 29kph hence why she said it was the fastest she had seen :lol: my braking is excellet 16 years of motorcross comes in handy

Ahh that makes a bit more sense. Still odd that she took the approach she did. If you went over the end of the course it should have been 9 points.

Lucky break.
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby gazza2008au » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:16 pm

heres what the braking test looks like on the last line at the two witches hats u start braking the arrow is where my front wheel stopped it was well before the lines that the instuctor is ment to count the points on so im unsure how its works but for where i stopped it was 5 points
Attachments
stopping test.JPG
stopping test.JPG (11.61 KiB) Viewed 5141 times
gazza2008au
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby UR510 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:53 pm

hey guys,

i know of an area in sydney where sumone has actually gone to all the trouble and marked out the P's test on the road at olympic park. It is on bennalong rd, near the rear entry of the park. It used to be a long strech of road but now they have sealed it, dont ask why. But yeah the test is marked out on the road there, you will see it, there is concrete blocks there and a mini car park. Only bikes and a people can get in there
UR510

Bike: Don't have one

Postby Glen » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:32 am

gazza2008au wrote:heres what the braking test looks like on the last line at the two witches hats u start braking the arrow is where my front wheel stopped it was well before the lines that the instuctor is ment to count the points on so im unsure how its works but for where i stopped it was 5 points

I think your instructor smoked something weird before the course. If you went through faster than required and stopped before the first mark then that is very much 0 points. Sorry I thought you said you went over the end of the marked lines. If you pulled up short of the first line that's a good stop
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby gpxpunk » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:11 pm

i just booked mine for the 7th of november, so hopefully i can pass. i think i have everything down pat just have to try the weaving around the cones and the u turn .and remember to head check
1987 GPX250R. memories
2002 ZX7R . sold!!!!

I want My 7r BACK!!!!!!! Grrrrrr
gpxpunk
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Don't have one

Postby Nelso » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:07 pm

gazza2008au wrote:thanks mate :D a guy in our group nailed it on a cbr two fiddy i donno how but he done it it must have a lower centre of gravity to the zxr and maybe more turning? there was another guy trying to do the test runs on hes zxr aswell he complained he ended up hiring the cb250 to do the final test and passed another guy on a hyosung also passed with 0 points bloody donno how but he managed it

I did it fine on a ZZR250. You just have to stand on your pegs and lean the cahn while you remain upright. It doesn't help you with your normal riding but it impresses the examiner. ;)
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

PreviousNext