Today's MOST

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Re: Today's MOST

Postby mike-s » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:16 am

gpxpunk wrote:Due if you cant get in, sk the rta to find another place for you, I had the same problem when i wanted my l's, in the end i went out to rouse hill {stay upright} to do it, best thning i ever did. the times ive gone to the regatta centre, i wasnt impressed with the way they do things. I know when i book my MOST test ill be going abck to rouse hill..

I had the same problem, i left it a bit late to book through Mascot with the only booking available a day or two before my L's expired (and about 4 weeks from the Thursday i called up), i asked about other centres and they got me a booking for St Ives on that Saturday!

Mind you the increase in number of riders is making this scarce resource even rarer indeed.
If it hurts, you aren't doing it right.
mike-s
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: Suzuki
State: New South Wales

Postby waynemorgan » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:38 pm

Hi everyone,

Yeah I called the RTA to try to rebook the MOST at Clyde, Rouse Hill, Mascot, Campbelltown and Penrith but the only dates available were in November. I asked about my L's expiring on 9/10 and they advised that since I couldn't book in for the MOST prior to epiry I'd have to re-book for the pre-learners course then try again for the MOST.

What a pain in the arse.

Anyway, my fault. So I'm booked in to do my pre-learners at Penrith in the end of October. Then I have to wait 3 months before doing the MOST again so it will be early 2009.

I guess there is no real rush to get my licence except that I'd like to progress to longer rides like a weekend away or a putty rd run for coffee. The additional training wont hurt either.

So thats me under way.

BTW - I've scored a new job too. Start on 16/10 in Campbelltown. Glad the Northern Rd is set to 80kph!

Have a great sunday!

Cheers,
Wayne :D
I don't like the term insane - I prefer mentally hilarious!
waynemorgan
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZZR600

Postby Gazza » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:11 pm

great to hear you got a new job mate.

least one thing has gone your way and hope more to follow . :)
2005 zx10r
Gazza
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R

Postby fireyrob » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:53 pm

Congrats on the job!

There is another option re the MOST test. Ring the company that runs the course direct (I dont have it but the confirmation notice you got will have the phone number) and tell them your situation. They may be able to fit you in a group because of late cancellations! It worked for a friend in the same situ ;) You just may have to be flexible re time and / or location!
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z1000

Previous

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion