new duder

New to KSRC? Meet the regulars and check out the FAQs

new duder

Postby geargrinder » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:07 am

Good day!

Living here in Canada and winter has started. I own a ZXR750L3 and plan on doing a few goodies to it/light rebuild.

I am on a limited budget (long story short last bike got stolen and wasn't insured for theft therefore budget is crap) and keep hearing of a few possible mods to do to the engine like the Air box / filter (remove mesh mod), Vacuum Control Valve (float bowl mod), Carb Vent Valve, evap system removal etc. Is there a section in your forum for those mods or any other worth while mods that have been discussed/documented to have a smooth operating bike?

On my immediate purchase list is a sprocket set up/chain since mine is stretched beyond adjustment atm. 13/48 from Renthal and a Regina zrp chain to match. Still undecided on tire choices but will be needing a set as well. I chose the full acceleration set up since I already lost a licence due to my stupidity and speeding. So I am fully aware I would be maxed out at around 180 ish km/hr but I'm fine with that. I plan on posting pictures and help out with mechanical questions as much as I can.
geargrinder

Bike: ZXR750
State: Overseas

Re: new duder

Postby greenmeanie » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:27 am

Welcome to KSRC. :)
Glenn
2009 ZX10R
greenmeanie
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Postby slaps999 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:30 am

Welcome, Canada's a big place. Where are you?
slaps999
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZRX
State: Victoria

Postby geargrinder » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:54 am

Edmonton, Alberta to be specific!

All the forums here are specific to either the 94 zxr750 or the 96 zx-7. I'm not sure why the hate for the L3 ;)
geargrinder

Bike: ZXR750
State: Overseas

Return to Introductions and Newbie Zone