Switch to full style
ZX2R, ZXR400, ZXR750, ZX6R, ZX7R, ZX9R & ZX12R & others.
Post a reply

Re: Helibars for ZX12r

Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:48 am

Shit....you guys have got old since I was last here! Helibars.... how bout a nice set of highway pegs to? :lol:

Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:48 am

hammer wrote:Shit....you guys have got old since I was last here! Helibars.... how bout a nice set of highway pegs to? :lol:

Haha , Do they make the for a 12 , Do you find yours more comfortable with them ;)

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:09 pm

Those zx12 thingys are to crazy for me I`m more of a vespa sorta guy but I really think you should slap on a set of those highway pegs. They make harleys cool and if something can do that they must be magical! :D

Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:52 pm

hammer wrote:......Those zx12 thingys are to crazy for me I`m more of a vespa sorta guy but I really think you should slap on a set of those highway pegs. They make harleys cool and if something can do that they must be magical! :D........

hahahahahh *cough* hahahahahah where ya been you old ZX12R wing-scraper you ??

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:51 am

Hey Gos, I went away to see the world!! Ended up stopping at Woodridge and dating a long term hooker,You know the woman that stays with you just long enough to take 3/4 of everything you have.
Anyway new woman(wife) now and trying to save for a new 12 :D

Thought you would be on the Ulysses forum by now, know I'm not far from it!

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:32 pm

good to see you still have a hankerin' for a 12. Great bikes.........

Ulysses.....brrr not on your life mate - too many old farts :lol:

Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:23 pm

Hey guys. With the heli bars would I need to order new brake lines ? I'm thinking of buying a set of heli bars and do the brake lines at the same time but I'm not sure if I can get away with standard length lines.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:36 am

Helibars say you can use stock lines with the 04-05-06 models. My brother's 06 was using stock brake lines with Helibars, no issues. But hes since upgraded to HEL lines with ZX14 calipers (as have I!)

Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:07 pm

You will need a longer clutch cable. Helibar can supply this one.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:34 pm

Have done about 4 different styles of handlebars on the Barge - 05 ZX12R. Flat bars, normal clubman style, both on 1" risers from the stock top clamp - as well as home-made helibars.

None of these required a longer clutch cable, throttle cable or brake lines. There is a radial master-cylinder fitted with Hel lines, they were stock length for the OEM m/c but are long enough (just) for all the different combos of handlebars I have used.

8)

Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:25 pm

Helibars actually supply the clutch cable with their kit, without needing to request it....

Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:01 pm

SteveW wrote:Helibars actually supply the clutch cable with their kit, without needing to request it....

They didn't with mine, just used all the original stuff and fitted fine.

Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:53 pm

Ok.. I'm guessing you ended up with the Version 1 kit. The Version 2 kit definitely comes with a clutch cable :)
Theres info on kawasakiworld about them somewhere!
Post a reply