zx2r engine transplant

ZX2R, ZXR400, ZXR750, ZX6R, ZX7R, ZX9R & ZX12R & others.

Re: zx2r engine transplant

Postby Cat » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:29 am

Does anyone know where I can get carbies for a ZX2R? The previous owner of my bike did not keep it serviced and the carbies are full of crap (even after a full service - Lloyd Penn was great by the way - bike runs a dream - excluding my carbies)...

My partner is looking on E-Bay but the search engine seems to think he wants a lo-carb diet book...I do agree that feeding the bike less bread will do it good however, really I am trying to find a bike part. Any suggestions/recommendations?
Cat

Bike: ZX2R
State: New South Wales

Postby dave#3 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:43 am

Cat wrote:Does anyone know where I can get carbies for a ZX2R? The previous owner of my bike did not keep it serviced and the carbies are full of crap (even after a full service - Lloyd Penn was great by the way - bike runs a dream - excluding my carbies)...

My partner is looking on E-Bay but the search engine seems to think he wants a lo-carb diet book...I do agree that feeding the bike less bread will do it good however, really I am trying to find a bike part. Any suggestions/recommendations?

What exactly is wrong with the carbs that makes Lloyd believe they need to be replaced - at worst a clean and service, new jets, emulsion tubes, gaskets, o-rings, etc would be cheaper than a replacement set of carbs and you don't then run the risk of getting another 20 year old set of gummed up warn out carbs.

If you need parts you could try findapart - http://www.findapart.com.au - but don't expect any real bargains.

Good luck with it.
dave#3 | '03 z1000 roadie | '08 zx6r tracky | '03 KLX400R dirty
http://www.oz4x4.net/gallery2
Winner - KSRC Murphy's Law Award 2008
dave#3
Team Ninja

Bike: Z1000

Postby timmyrocks » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:00 pm

i have a set that were running, havnet touched since end of 2007. cant promise anything,,,,, PM me cheers :kuda:
anyone can go fast in a straight line,,,,

Team Crash "09"

TE310 2011 Husqvarna trail bike :)
WR125 2004 Husqvarna :P
timmyrocks
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Other Kawi

Postby gazza2008au » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:21 pm

theres a set of 4 carby's on ebay $160 or $165 i emailed the guy he said there in good working order and when removed from bike the bowls were cleaned there for a A model tho
gazza2008au
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX7R

Postby Cat » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi there all

Thank you for the responses - gives me lots of options (in the meantime I ride anyway!)

The feedback given after the service was that there is a fair bit more to do...they spent 5.5 hours on the bike so I guess in a few months it will be another visit (my bike gets more TLC than I do!) :o
Cat

Postby MickDee » Fri May 15, 2009 12:36 am

You're looking at just under a grand for a 2nd hand engine from a wreckers. I have an 89 model that I was trying to get fixed to sell to a friend. This model had 80,000k's on it, and is on it's second engine. Hard to get anyone to work on them here in Aus. I am just going to have to drop the price real low to sell it. Apparently the 250c and 250a engines are incompatible, different mounting points and such. All I can say is good luck. I have a zx6r now, so I am having lotsa fun
MickDee

Bike: ZX6R
State: South Australia

Postby KAWANT » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:34 am

howsit gazza pls cud u email me a copy off ur zxr250 manual to strydomanthony@gmail.com
KAWANT

State: Overseas

Previous

Return to ZX-R Older Model Discussion