ZX2 forks...help

ZX2R, ZXR400, ZXR750, ZX6R, ZX7R, ZX9R & ZX12R & others.

ZX2 forks...help

Postby mattyv74 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:42 pm

Hey guys, well after the track day I pulled apart the front end of the 2r. Two leaking seals and oil like mud, but otherwise all ok. Both forks had different amounts of oil in them and i don't know if the settings are stock or what.

Does anyone have a manual or know a link to one? I have several links but none of them seem to work. I wanna get it back together for the track night this monday. :?
It is far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even if chequered with failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, as they live in grey twilight that knows no victory nor defeat.
mattyv74
Team Kitty Litter

Bike: ZX7R
State: Queensland

Re: ZX2 forks...help

Postby mattyv74 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:07 pm

Quick update: found a link that works. lots of down loading to do.

Now i know whats stock, anyone got any ideas as to what settings work well on tight, twisty and fairly bumpy tracks? I'm all ears.... :D
Last edited by mattyv74 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even if chequered with failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, as they live in grey twilight that knows no victory nor defeat.
mattyv74
Team Kitty Litter

Postby craig » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:12 pm

was that roadknight or have you found another
craig
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: It's not worth Mentioning
State: Victoria

Postby mattyv74 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:30 pm

Hmmm... lost it again. Knew I should have saved the link. Will let you know mate. But was a pdf of the origional KHI service manuel. Frony end is sound and a good base to set-up from now.

But digressing slighly, hows this...
Stripped the forks and was gob smacked at what i found. 189 odd ml of oil in one side, about 100 in the other - all of it was like mud. One fork was about 5mm further though the top triplw than the other. One side three mnore rings of preload than the other and the comp damp was miles apart. Who the fuck pulls this stuff aprt if they don't know what they're doing? You would atlest put it back the way it was before pulling it apart, wouldn't you? There are some Farcking retards in this world.

Anyway, all fixed and i rebuilt and changed oils seals in the front brakes while i was at it. Man what a diference. Really does feel like a mini 7.
mattyv74
Team Kitty Litter

Return to ZX-R Older Model Discussion