Advice on ALL the differences between ZX9R E and F

ZX2R, ZXR400, ZXR750, ZX6R, ZX7R, ZX9R & ZX12R & others.

Advice on ALL the differences between ZX9R E and F

Postby ZX9R Man » Tue May 24, 2022 4:11 am

Hi Gents,

Having never owned an F model (would love to), I am interested to know all the differences that Kawasaki made between the two models.
I am aware of some but would love to pick your brains and see if I can put together a comprehensive list together, from not only the cosmetic and mechanical but to the interchangeability of certain parts etc.

If one was to have one of each side by side to compare, this would great as you would note the external differences pretty easily, but I'd love to know what they changed where you can't see. I do know about the crankshaft and flywheel, but is there more that wasn't widely publicised ?

I look forward to all your responses as I hope to put together a pictorial representation at some point.

Cheers everyone :kuda:
ZX9R Man
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX9R
State: New South Wales

Re: Advice on ALL the differences between ZX9R E and F

Postby MadKaw » Tue May 24, 2022 4:32 pm

Found this.

Changes to the 2002–2003 ZX-9R included a new tail fairing, a single piece front mudguard, the loss of the passenger grab handles and the B/C/E model H-bar mirror bracket. Mechanical additions included a top braced swingarm (claimed 20% stronger) and rear shock with a side facing fluid reservoir, stiffened frame with relocated solid engine mounts, increased trail and reduced fork offset, and new Nissin four-piston caliper brakes and 320 mm discs at the front wheel. Slight engine modifications included a return to the B/C model style Keihin CVKD carburettor and a 10% heavier crankshaft offset by a reduced diameter flywheel reported to help the engine spin up quicker, boosting low and mid-range torque.
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R

Re: Advice on ALL the differences between ZX9R E and F

Postby ZX9R Man » Wed May 25, 2022 8:06 am

So mostly they are similar to each other but with subtle changes.
I'd be interested to see in how many parts are actually interchange when I'm searching out parts for an E. I'm often left wondering if the F bike can offer the same part or not.
It's hard to find definitive information unless you have an E and an F side by side.

Did they also change the front forks too ? I also noticed the top clamp is painted black as opposed to the E's machined look and the inclusion of the K plaque. (Nice touch too).
So would it be fair to say that the front fairing sections are the same too ?
The rear section is obviously not as stated as the F has a more sharpened line back there.
I like the more curvy look of the E to be honest, but I'd still own an F anyday too. Hopefully one day if the right one comes along.
I have two E2 bikes now. One in remote storage and one on the way this weekend.
I want to try and see if a rear swing arm and shock from an F will fit the E.
I've asked this question some time ago but never got a firm answer.
ZX9R Man
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX9R

Return to ZX-R Older Model Discussion