Switch to full style
Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!
Post a reply

Re: Z900 RS

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:29 pm

ok sat on one too wet to test ride .Negotiations in place then if that goes well I will test ride .Refundable holding deposit placed.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:54 pm

Ok so no trade plate so didnt get to test ride :shock: .so screw it paid and sorted just waiting for phone call and to see if they will swap the dunflops over for metzlers.hopefully good to go this weekend ;)

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:46 pm

z900/zx9 wrote:Ok so no trade plate so didnt get to test ride :shock: .so screw it paid and sorted just waiting for phone call and to see if they will swap the dunflops over for metzlers.hopefully good to go this weekend ;)

nice work Mal !!!

I am waiting for the first upgrade - hopefully will have wire wheels in the yellow/green paint scheme :) will match my Z1A :kuda: :kuda:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Gosling1 wrote:
z900/zx9 wrote:Ok so no trade plate so didnt get to test ride :shock: .so screw it paid and sorted just waiting for phone call and to see if they will swap the dunflops over for metzlers.hopefully good to go this weekend ;)

nice work Mal !!!

I am waiting for the first upgrade - hopefully will have wire wheels in the yellow/green paint scheme :) will match my Z1A :kuda: :kuda:

Well from what Kawasaki designer said spoke wheels were considered and put in the no basket ,paint scheme well who knows anything is possible .Word supercharged has been thrown around apparently but I think that would wreck it.
will give you a report when I get it run in,definatly fitting the metzlers as stock tyres are gpr300 budget dunlops $200.00 extra to fit 7rr .

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Metzlers sitting in tolls warehouse so looks like Tuesday Wednesday 26 -34 degrees shit days to be out in the mountains :D

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:53 am

Saw the new z at Teammoto on the weekend. I said to my son "Hey look the new Z900". He replied "But Dad you've already got one of those".

I have a 1974 Z1a. So the retro styling must be working!!

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:08 pm

Ready tomorrow either morning or arvo,im pushing for morning, believe it or not I am more excited than I was picking up the H2. :shock:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:01 pm

Gosling1 wrote:

nice work Mal !!!

Gos you gotta get onto one of these no bad things performed spot on today,6th gear is spot on for highway speeds a lot higher than 5th,1st is short but the rest are close together and she pulls well from down low .
Have a test ride you wont be able to resist. :D

Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:14 am

I got to ride a mates one a few weeks ago, wow, super impressed. Could very easily see myself on one if anything were to happen to my Z or ZRX, not that I would voluntarily trade my ZRX for anything. Loved the riding position, turned the traction control shit off and rode it on wet roads, no problem at all, with an engine that linear and progressive you dont need it. Would love to have a go on some dry roads.

Your a lucky man Mal.....so H2 or Z900RS get more use? Reckon I know the answer to that one ;)

Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:37 pm

Phil wrote:I got to ride a mates one a few weeks ago, wow, super impressed. Could very easily see myself on one if anything were to happen to my Z or ZRX, not that I would voluntarily trade my ZRX for anything. Loved the riding position, turned the traction control shit off and rode it on wet roads, no problem at all, with an engine that linear and progressive you dont need it. Would love to have a go on some dry roads.

Your a lucky man Mal.....so H2 or Z900RS get more use? Reckon I know the answer to that one ;)

Yep I think u do the ride plan is 2 rides on the RS and every third ride the H2 .As I said previously Kawasaki have done a fantastic job with this bike.
One question Phill was the upshift from 5th to 6th clunky and especially the down shift from 6th to 5th ??????. On my bike all other shifts smooth as butter but those 2 shifts are defiantly different.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:43 am

z900/zx9 wrote:Yep I think u do the ride plan is 2 rides on the RS and every third ride the H2 .As I said previously Kawasaki have done a fantastic job with this bike.
One question Phill was the upshift from 5th to 6th clunky and especially the down shift from 6th to 5th ??????. On my bike all other shifts smooth as butter but those 2 shifts are defiantly different.

Didn't notice anything, but only rode it for 10 k's. With recent events I may find myself on a Z900RS sooner rather than later :D :D

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:54 pm

Ok bike all 3M wrapped even the gauges and headlight,there is not one part of the bike that itsnt protected from bugs and scratches etc.
Great job by clearguard in Montmorency.Thanks Paul and Simon
Post a reply