ZRX CALIPER REBUILD

Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!

ZRX CALIPER REBUILD

Postby CrozRX » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:34 pm

Gents,have had the ZRX stored a few years for various reasons. Went on a first ride the other day after a couple of years of storage and the front brakes actuated themselves after a little high speed run ( scary ). Once home and checking the fluid found it to be absolutely rotten. So I thought a total refit would be appropriate, fluid seals etc. Looked for kits on the net but I could only find stuff from UK, USA etc.
Can someone steer me in the right direction to buy a re seal kit for my front and rear brake calipers for my "99 ZRX1100 in Aus.
Any help much appreciated.
CrozRX

Bike: ZRX
State: Queensland

Re: ZRX CALIPER REBUILD

Postby Phil » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:44 am

Have you tried your local Kawasaki dealer?
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby CrozRX » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:34 pm

Hi Phil, thanks for that but I don't have a local dealer. I'm pretty remote and have to do things on line. The last Kawasaki OEM supplier that I used Mototech has had the Kawasaki thing taken from them apparently. I'm just looking for another OEM supplier that takes orders on line. The Kawasaki Australia web site is no Fn help either.
I found Millway group in W.A. but thought there would be someone on the eastern seaboard. Just looking for a bit of a hand is all.
CrozRX

Postby Glen » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:42 pm

Radial grade time. Or maybe buy a set of calipers, they're pretty cheap on ebay
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

State: New South Wales

Postby Gosling1 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:28 pm

I am not sure if Kawasaki even sell these parts in 'kit' form ? Normally they just quote you on all the individual pieces.........

quick Google search found this kit on ebay...

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby davo231481 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:48 pm

CrozRX wrote:Hi Phil, thanks for that but I don't have a local dealer. I'm pretty remote and have to do things on line. The last Kawasaki OEM supplier that I used Mototech has had the Kawasaki thing taken from them apparently. I'm just looking for another OEM supplier that takes orders on line. The Kawasaki Australia web site is no Fn help either.
I found Millway group in W.A. but thought there would be someone on the eastern seaboard. Just looking for a bit of a hand is all.

Try canberra mc centre. Theyve been able to source stuff for my 82 gpz550. They have an online shop now similar to cmnsl.com.
I only drink to make my friends more interesting.
davo231481
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Other Kawi

Postby swabio-ACT » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:46 pm

bikebandit.com had some stuff to me within a week from the states............ prob a bit pricey for something as small as a brake kit............

but here is an oz online store that has the microfiche and oz RRP's so you can compare! http://www.downsouthmotorcycles.com.au/
swabio-ACT
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby TerrA » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:16 am

I just went thru similar recently, Kawa dealers quote you high on individual parts, ebay usa or uk for relatively priced kits or my local bike wrecker for a decent 2nd hand caliper.
I dare say if the caliper is that bad you may as well get the complete system off a running bike, by the time you spend trying to rebuild rusty pistons and the like.
Where are you located?
TerrA

Bike: ZX6R

Postby CrozRX » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:30 pm

Guys Thanks for the input. Went to the UK to find this mob http://www.powerhouseautomotive.co.uk which provides a change over service. Their range is out there for all sorts of newish and older bikes. Quite cheap compared to OEM and don't even have to get my hands dirty.
CrozRX

Return to Z, ZRX, ER6 & other nakeds