Kerker wanted. ZRX

Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!

Re: Kerker wanted. ZRX

Postby J.B » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:53 pm

adza wrote:Hey J.B
I'm not that good at speaking Japanese and from the Translated descriptions on Webike i've read :? i'd probably end up buying a Komono or something.

I can't speak a word of it either :lol: ...but I have a rough idea where to look. Webike is ok sometimes but not always the best, great for getting ideas though ;) .

From what I've read it looks like the ones available in Japan may actually be made here (listed under a different part number and the maker is Kerker Japan). I was not terribly impressed with the build quality of my supertrapp one, but they do look the goods on the bike. I've no idea if the ones in Japan are any different/better as I've not seen one in person.

Anyway, getting them from Japan is also an option...but only with the street baffle (I'm sure that could be easily rectified :twisted: ).
"The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato
J.B
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZRX
State: Queensland

Postby Clarkixlc » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:37 pm

I got a quote and from nearly every mob I tried postage was around $350 just because of the size of the box.
That's one small reason I'll be going a Brock's whenever I get the dollars.
Clarkixlc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: New South Wales

Postby adza » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:32 pm

Nelso, Sent you a PM lets know if you got it
adza

Postby rooster » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:36 pm

Make sure you get the Race Meg not the street meg :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :shock:
If life is like a box of chocolates, why do I always get the laxettes?
rooster
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Z1000

Postby J.B » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:07 am

So, I have it on reasonably good authority that the Kerker megs are very likely made in Japan by one of the better exhaust builders. So they 'should' be of a better quality than the supertrapp ones from the US (possibly even better made than the originals :shock: ), but don't hold me to that as I've still not actually seen one in person, in Japan.

I've found that they could be purchased new for about $1000 and shipping would be around $150 from Japan to Aus. The maximum package size is more than capable of accommodating a full exhaust system!

Of course if you want it insured at full price you will have to pay the incoming duty, but that is completely up to the buyer.

I could buy it (since I live here for the moment) but my money is better spent on other things as I'm returning to Aus in a month. I am not running a business and as such these are the prices that I could personally buy and post them for. There is other ways to get them from over here but they could cost a little more. PM me if you want more info.
J.B
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby adza » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:14 am

Thats awesome JB . Nelso seems to be having a hard time letting go LOL
adza

Postby Jonnymac » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:49 am

Nelso always has a 'hard' time letting go :D:D
Jonnymac
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: Victoria

Postby adza » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:09 am

How do we go with import taxes. If goods get marked as used parts or gifted to a friend for under $1000 dollars does that get them thru customs?
adza

Postby J.B » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:42 am

Duty/tax free threshold is $1000 including postage. After that they'll add the applicable duty rate and GST to the total. So it'll cost about 15% more.

As far as I know marking as a gift doesn't really mean anything anymore. Goods and merchandise under the threshold will get through no problem.
J.B
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Previous

Return to Z, ZRX, ER6 & other nakeds