ZRX mirrors

Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!

ZRX mirrors

Postby Arkup » Thu May 08, 2014 4:26 pm

I am thinking of updating the mirrors on my ZRX. I don't really want the bar end type, but would like good quality ones that won't vibrate too much if possible.
Trying to find ones that suit the bike and aren't too big is the problem. I have read somewhere the late Z1000 ones fit ??
Anyone got any suggestions..... Pictures tell a thousand words as they say.
Thanks.
Arkup
Arkup
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Re: ZRX mirrors

Postby Phil » Fri May 09, 2014 6:52 am

I have a mates ZRX staying at my place while he is OS. It has late model Z1000 mirrors on it. They give a fantastic view of my biceps and vibrate so much that at night it looks like UFO's are chasing me. Give me my bar end mirrors anyday.
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby Glen » Fri May 09, 2014 7:34 am

One more for the Bar Ends. I never wanted Bar end mirrors either until I bought the ZRX and they were on there already. Best mirrors I've had. Jason on the ZRXOA is your man.
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby rooster » Fri May 09, 2014 9:33 am

Had bar ends on the Rex and now on Z1000 wasn't a believer before but I am now :D :D :kuda:
If life is like a box of chocolates, why do I always get the laxettes?
rooster
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Z1000

Postby Clarkixlc » Fri May 09, 2014 3:22 pm

I have to agree with the above haha. I just have cheap shit eBay bar end mirrors on mine but they are still miles ahead of the stock ones. Also I have renthal ultra lows which are a little bit wider then stock with the bar ends on it too and I can still filter like I have on any other bike.
Clarkixlc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Glen » Fri May 09, 2014 3:43 pm

Clarkixlc wrote:I have to agree with the above haha. I just have cheap shit eBay bar end mirrors on mine but they are still miles ahead of the stock ones. Also I have renthal ultra lows which are a little bit wider then stock with the bar ends on it too and I can still filter like I have on any other bike.

Got a photo of the Bars. I'd like something a bit lower and more forward on mine
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Clarkixlc » Fri May 09, 2014 6:15 pm

Glen wrote:
Clarkixlc wrote:I have to agree with the above haha. I just have cheap shit eBay bar end mirrors on mine but they are still miles ahead of the stock ones. Also I have renthal ultra lows which are a little bit wider then stock with the bar ends on it too and I can still filter like I have on any other bike.

Got a photo of the Bars. I'd like something a bit lower and more forward on mine

Here's the best I could get ATM I have a side by side comparison picture somewhere of stock bars compared to these. Image

They look really wide here but they aren't too bad at all. And I didn't find them a drastic change. Just a bit more weight over the front and slightly more aggressive feel.
Clarkixlc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Clarkixlc » Fri May 09, 2014 6:16 pm

Just worked out why they look so wide. I have Pazzos shorty levers on not full length ones.
Clarkixlc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Arkup » Sat May 10, 2014 5:23 am

OK, I would have thought the bar ends would get in the way, or there would be less vision of who's chasing you. I have the ASF superbike bars on mine. They are low and about 20 mm wider each side than standard.
Arkup
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Clarkixlc » Sat May 10, 2014 7:57 am

Arkup wrote:OK, I would have thought the bar ends would get in the way, or there would be less vision of who's chasing you. I have the ASF superbike bars on mine. They are low and about 20 mm wider each side than standard.

Na I have mine set pretty good. The ones I have are set and forget. So once you got them in the right spot they are sweet.
Clarkixlc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Nelso » Sat May 10, 2014 11:37 am

Arkup wrote:OK, I would have thought the bar ends would get in the way, or there would be less vision of who's chasing you. I have the ASF superbike bars on mine. They are low and about 20 mm wider each side than standard.

Like these ones? There ABM bars from AuSFR.
Attachments
DSC00514 (800x600).jpg
DSC00514 (800x600).jpg (171.93 KiB) Viewed 10864 times
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Clarkixlc » Sat May 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Nelso wrote:

FUUUCCCKKK that
Clarkixlc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Arkup » Sat May 10, 2014 10:14 pm

whoa! I have those Aon my P5 Z1000J as well as the Rex and had a slow crash at MG corner in practice at the Island Classic in 2012 on the J.The bike went down on the right (no damage apart from ignition cover), then it slid across the track and hit the ripple strip, then did a flip straight over on to the left, I saw it happen, because by then I was getting up and saying to myself, "that's the end of my weekend". The left bar took the initial load and bent into the tank. After that momentum tore the bikini fairing half off, cracked the screen, and ground a bit more off the cylinder head. The left bar was bent more than 90 degrees down and I couldn't hardly turn the bars when I picked her up, although they didn't even have a crack in them. My opinion is that they are strong as after that. But any way, shitloads stronger than the originals because I put my original ZRX bars on my race bike....they were my spare ones to get through the weekend, and they flexed big time when you put the pressure on them.
Also, I got to say g'day to Steve Martin that year, cos'' he trowled it right behind me and got up and abused me!
Back to the mirror thing, thanks for your input and now I'm more confused than ever. I like riding without em' better, but you need em on the road. I have seen some good styles on some bikes here and there and I think I still like the traditional style, which suits the Rex... and I want to keep it looking "Rexual". Maybe I'll check out ZRXOA for more ideas.
Cheers :kuda:
Arkup.
Arkup
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Wattie » Sun May 11, 2014 8:54 am

Nelso wrote:

Raped and abused ABM bars you mean?

I had the same bars on my crim with no issues
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Nelso » Sun May 11, 2014 10:37 am

Wattie wrote:
Nelso wrote:

Raped and abused ABM bars you mean?

I had the same bars on my crim with no issues

Lots of people had those bars without issues, but I also heard of a few others that broke as well, not just mine. There might have been a bad batch or something, but I wasn't the only one that had trouble with them. I also had the same bars on my Z1000 which bent and didn't break when I crashed it, which is why I bought them again to put on the ZRX.
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Next