ZRX pipes. Sometimes the easiest solution is the right one.

Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!

ZRX pipes. Sometimes the easiest solution is the right one.

Postby bonester » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Went to a mates place the other night on my 08 ZRX. As I was leaving he said to me 'isn't that pipe too close to the indicator?' I thought bullshit it's gotta be right. Got home and compared it to my 01 model, and bugger me it was heaps closer- 01 you can fit two fingers between, 08, not even one. So I set to work trying to work out why. The bike was dropped at 60k in 2010 so I thought it might be related to that.
I had the headers off recently to polish them. Thought I might have not put em back on right. Pulled the headers and they were right. Pulled the indicator to see if it wasn't sagging excessively. Nup. Tailpiece and rack off looking for bent subframe. Footpeg bracket swapped between the bikes to look for bends. Mounts for this on frame ok. Shit.
Anywho got three spare stock pipes- all off 08 models. ZRX has an 05 model pipe on it and it is identical. 01 model however has a shorter pipe- nuffin wrong with 08. Wasted way too much time working that out. Shit. :shock:

[attachment=0]pipes.jpg[/attachment}
Attachments
pipes.jpg
pipes.jpg (90.25 KiB) Viewed 2174 times
2 X ZRX1200R 4 X ER6N, GT550, 1988 ZX-10, 4 X GPZ250R, 4 X GPZ900R and GPZ750R :) Yeah I like Kawasakis.
bonester
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Return to Z, ZRX, ER6 & other nakeds