Servicing ER6n easy

Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!

Servicing ER6n easy

Postby bonester » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:05 pm

Got an 08 ER6n through the workshop today for a service. A whole lot easier than I imagined. Some of it was really easy- tank removal, and airfilter cleaning/ removal. Plugs a little more involved. Stick coils. Iridium plugs standard. Giddy up!
Been putting it off on my Er6ns for ages thinking it would be difficult. Done oil changes, chain and sprockets and tyres and that is about it. Two of mine still have low kms anyway. Didn't do valves or throttle body balance today- they look reasonable although cams out if adjustment is needed. Geared 90 degree screwdriver needed for throttle body balance.
I also noticed an important improvement of the 08 model over my 06 and 07s.- the frame rail is braced with extra tube around the backside of the frame rail where the earlier models cracked the welds- one of my 06s has a crack there. Otherwise the bikes look the same.
Gonna have to get into my Er6ns now I know how easy they are. Maybe injected bikes aren't so bad..... :shock:
2 X ZRX1200R 4 X ER6N, GT550, 1988 ZX-10, 4 X GPZ250R, 4 X GPZ900R and GPZ750R :) Yeah I like Kawasakis.
bonester
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Return to Z, ZRX, ER6 & other nakeds