To Z800 or not

Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!

Re: To Z800 or not

Postby Kermit » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:10 pm

rooster wrote:
Kermit wrote:According to the reviews the MV 800 appears to be the great now that they have sorted out the fueling, but the price 22k :shock: .

You can pick up a tuono aprc for less, which appears to be the bench mark for italian nakedness.

22k? Brutale 800 $16490 F3 800 $19990

2014 MV Rivale 800.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-cont ... 800-29.jpg

The Rivale 800, is currently being put through its paces for the first time by MCN Senior Road Tester Michael Neeves in the south of France. Here are his first impressions:

"A departure from the firm's bread and butter sports and super naked bikes, this supermoto-styled machine is based heavily on the Brutale 800 and has a 125bhp three-cylinder engine, housed in a steel trellis frame and single-sided aluminium swingarm.

"Although it looks like a big supermoto, it rides like a super-naked – it’s stable, neutral-handling, fast and has that distinctive, glorious three-cylinder growl at full throttle.

"MV has struggled to get their ride-by-wire throttle systems working properly ever since the launch of the F3 675 at the beginning of 2012 and we recently tested a Bruate 800 with a very poor throttle response.

"But the Rivale 800 has a new generation electronics map and I’m pleased to say it works. It’s smooth, predictable and acts just like a normal bike, which is all you could ask for.

"I’d say the throttle response is on par with a Street Triple’s and better than the new Yamaha MT-09. Let’s hope the bikes headed for the UK are just as good.

"The highlight for me is the quickshifter, which thanks to the ride-by-wire is one of the smoothest I’ve used and adds to the pleasure of riding.

"Due to wet roads we didn’t have the chance to really push the Rivale 800, but in a way riding it in the damp was the ultimate test of its usability and it passed with flying colours."

MV Agusta Imports is pleased to announce the arrival of the highly anticipated Rivale 800, unique both in design, performance, and absolute riding satisfaction. Unquestionably MV Agusta, the Rivale 800 enters a new market segment to go where only emotions dominate. This extraordinary motorcycle boasts performance figures that leave little to the imagination: 170 kg, 125 hp.

The unrivalled visual identity of this motorcycle has been extended to every component and every surface of this machine. The MV Agusta Rivale 800 is a result of passion, experience, and inspiration to capture the essence of what is truly representative of our historic brand. It further expands upon our range with a new, eclectic interpretation of our modern three-cylinder engine that debuted on the F3 675 and also equips the Brutale 675 and 800 alongside the renewed four-cylinder family consisting of the F4 and Brutale.

Chassis and engine are once again protagonists. A perfect combination of fine engineering excellence portrayed in a mix of sculptural beauty, mechanical purity, functionality, and total performance. Three cylinder engine architecture defines the agile, swift, dynamic soul of the new Rivale 800; Beyond imagination. Compactness is an obligatory, aside from technological excellence. Our goals have been achieved and far exceeded.

The three-cylinder in-line Rivale 800 boasts the counter-rotating crankshaft that debuted on our Supersports F3 675: a unique solution for a road based machine that epitomizes MV Agusta’s racing spirit. MVICS (Motor & Vehicle Integrated Control System) allows for performance, smoothness of power delivery, ease of riding and extreme personalization, with three engine maps and a custom default. The Custom setting permits complete freedom to suit the personal requirements and preferences of the rider.

The throttle control is Full Ride-By-Wire.The Rivale 800 will be available throughout the MV Agusta Authorised Network in January 2014 red/silver, black/red frame and matt silver for $21,500 RIDE AWAY.
Kermit
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby rooster » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:29 am

Ah hadn't checked out the Rivale thanks for the update now I see where the $22k came from :D
If life is like a box of chocolates, why do I always get the laxettes?
rooster
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Z1000

Postby Kermit » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:57 am

rooster wrote:Ah hadn't checked out the Rivale thanks for the update now I see where the $22k came from :D

That article came out in oct, perhaps the price will get revised; don't see many getting sold at that price other than to the loyal MV fan.
Kermit
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R

Postby Cshat » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:19 am

not, but that's my opinion as I ride a Z750, you do what you want with your hard earned cash
zzzzzz.jpg
zzzzzz.jpg (79.4 KiB) Viewed 3410 times
I love all bikes, but the naked ones get me going
Cshat
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: Z750
State: Queensland

Previous

Return to Z, ZRX, ER6 & other nakeds