ZRX steering damper mounting

Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!

ZRX steering damper mounting

Postby Skyking2 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi Guys

Looked at the forum and don't really want to re invent the wheel here; has any1 been successful installing any brand brand of steering damper including bracket? nothing seems to be available anymore except the Scott's version at USD600+

Please no smart comment about learning how to ride without 1 lol; if you saw some of the roads we have here, you would run away... :lol:
Skyking2

Bike: ZRX
State: Overseas

Re: ZRX steering damper mounting

Postby Nelso » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:54 pm

There are a couple of versions available on ZRXOA. This is the pick of them in my opinion. http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthread. ... acket-kits. (You probably have to be a member to see the thread, but it's worth joining for the amount of functional bling you can get off there)

Here's a pic of the damper mount so the non-members can see.
Attachments
ZRX damper.jpg
ZRX damper.jpg (103.76 KiB) Viewed 4373 times
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

State: New South Wales

Postby Skyking2 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Tks Nelso

Yes that looks good; I tried to register on that website and they rejected the application... WTH I sent them an email asking for the reason, still waiting for a reply :(

Skyking2

Postby s man » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Ive got everything but that bloody mount in my garage. I was going to fit it to my ZRX but never got around to it..
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
s man
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Z1000

Postby Skyking2 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:19 pm

Re applied to ZRXOA site and got in this time after explaining why I was in Malaysia lol.. man they sure have a lot of info and stuff for the ZRX in that site

That bracket above is made by a member called Toleado, and it will fit either an Ohlins or Suzuki type damper. For me I would prefer the old style of the steering damper on the side of the bike. Another member there used to make them but stopped production. Looking at his bracket, think I could make one myself, will keep u guys updated :D
Skyking2

Postby Nelso » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:55 pm

Skyking2 wrote:man they sure have a lot of info and stuff for the ZRX in that site

Yes they do. You have to be careful when visiting, as your wallet becomes lighter the more you visit.

Skyking2 wrote:That bracket above is made by a member called Toleado, and it will fit either an Ohlins or Suzuki type damper.

Greg Couch now makes them, based off Tealdo's design. The quality of the stuff Greg makes is first class so they would be a nice addition, but side mount is more old school if that's what you're after.
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Skyking2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:05 pm

Thanks Nelso
Yes been chatting with Greg, but he has reservation about my DAEG as he has no templates to work with of course. The Tealdo's design is great but we noticed he needs to use the existing radiator mounting points for the frame bracket; my mounting points are obscured by the radiator itself, due to a larger size..

I suggested sending him photos and measurements but he has not responded as yet...

Cheers
William
Skyking2

Return to Z, ZRX, ER6 & other nakeds