Throttle Position Sensor issues with my ER-6n

Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!

Throttle Position Sensor issues with my ER-6n

Postby nsrtbikehere » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:57 pm

Greetings everyone!

I have a problem with my ER6n that I hope some of you more technically adept people might be able to help me with.
Recently, I had a minor fall off my bike, but apart from cosmetic damage (and bent handlebars) nothing felt out of the ordinary.
However, from a couple of days after the accident, some problems with the throttle position sensor (or at least I think its the throttle position sensor) started to show up.

At startup, the revs oscillate fairly quickly between say 800 and 1200 (maybe once per half second, the revs will go from 800 to 1200). However, when I'm riding, a twist of the throttle at low RPM will give me no power at all, only to come all at once at some unpredictable moment (and it may cut out again, and rise again without warning before 5000RPM). At high RPM (about 6000RPM) the problem disappears. Also, on some occasions, opening the throttle from a stand-still will stall the engine.

Now, I've mentioned that I think its the throttle position sensor, however I'm not sure. I'd like to know more qualified people's opinions, and perhaps some help in fixing it

I've also posted this same post on Kawasaki Forum, and maybe a few others if I find them later.

Cheers!
nsrtbikehere

Bike: ER6
State: Victoria

Re: Throttle Position Sensor issues with my ER-6n

Postby koyote » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Is that model fitted with a map sensor check your fault codes. You can check the tps with a ohm meter as long you have the specs --- you won't get any where guessing rip the tank of check all vacuum hoses 1ST then check all the earths all the earths with a SPANNER nike.gif
koyote
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: Z1000
State: Western Australia

Postby koyote » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Is that model fitted with a map sensor check your fault codes. You can check the tps with a ohm meter as long you have the specs --- you won't get any where guessing rip the tank of check all vacuum hoses 1ST then check all the earths all the earths with a SPANNER nike.gif
koyote
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: Z1000
State: Western Australia

Postby dilligaf » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:26 pm

you probably need a dealer to sort it out. they can plug it into their machines and see what the error codes are.
That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900
State: Victoria

Return to Z, ZRX, ER6 & other nakeds