Looks like theZ

Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!

Re: Looks like theZ

Postby Gosling1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Nice :)

here is another shot of you in the saddle giving it the berries !! :kuda:

".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Strika » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:19 pm

That brought back memories. I had a ball that weekend. :) Is that the weekend we err..... "Found" that hot muffler on the side of the road??? :)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Postby Gosling1 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Strika wrote:.....That brought back memories. I had a ball that weekend. :) Is that the weekend we err..... "Found" that hot muffler on the side of the road??? :).....

yes.....yes we did find a hot muffler on the side of the road ! :lol: was a great weekend.....

here is another shot you may remember.....

and I have always liked this one as well....

Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby Strika » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:50 am

Great shots Gos. I still recall having to tuck down behind the screen on the 9 to keep up with the Pearl. It's an enigma........... :)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby bonester » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:32 am

That top photo looks like the Pearl doesn't have any rear brake linkages. Surely it does????? :shock:
2 X ZRX1200R 4 X ER6N, GT550, 1988 ZX-10, 4 X GPZ250R, 4 X GPZ900R and GPZ750R :) Yeah I like Kawasakis.
bonester
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby MickLC » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:40 am

bonester wrote:That top photo looks like the Pearl doesn't have any rear brake linkages. Surely it does????? :shock:

:lol: Busted :kuda:
'13 Z1000, '76 Z650+,'91 KLR250, '95 ZX6R Racebike
MickLC
Team Crim

Bike: Z1000

Postby bonester » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:52 am

Doesn't it have a rear brake????? :shock:
2 X ZRX1200R 4 X ER6N, GT550, 1988 ZX-10, 4 X GPZ250R, 4 X GPZ900R and GPZ750R :) Yeah I like Kawasakis.
bonester
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Phil » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:00 am

It did last year on the CDT ;)

Disks in fact :shock:
Attachments
P1020473sml.JPG
P1020473sml.JPG (148.93 KiB) Viewed 5446 times
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby Strika » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:04 am

bonester wrote:That top photo looks like the Pearl doesn't have any rear brake linkages. Surely it does????? :shock:

Can't you see me dragging the rear brake to stop it wheelstanding and wheelspinning off the turns? :)
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Gosling1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:45 pm

MickLC wrote:

:lol: Busted :kuda:

:lol: :lol: fully. For some reason which now escapes me, I had taken off the rear brake lever and also the associated hardware - torque rod etc. Made no difference to the bike, only ever use the front brakes on the road ;) Tony - in the configuration with Strika in the saddle, it runs a drum z900 rear brake.

On the CDT last year, I had changed it over to the OEM wheels and disc brakes.......great photo thanks Phil :kuda:
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby Strika » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:20 pm

I suppose it was only a matter of time before you had to put a disc back on it. Not much else can tame all that Horsepower Gos. :) Mate, I'm still smiling everytime I think about riding the Pearl. Older bikes rock. Far more er..... enagaging..... to ride!!! :)
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Gosling1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:14 pm

Strika wrote:...... Not much else can tame all that Horsepower Gos. :) Mate, I'm still smiling everytime I think about riding the Pearl. Older bikes rock. Far more er..... enagaging..... to ride!!! :)......

yeh the old girl puts out a lot !! :lol: it is still my favourite bike in the stable by far. So much character .......and if it could only talk, what tales she could tell.....

One thing from last years CDT which I was really happy about - was the way I could just sit of Nelso's shoulder as we pegged down the Princes Hwy - just drop down a gear as I watched him set up to overtake - and peel out with his Rex and just overtake......well anything really :lol: :lol: the old girl might have had a classic Triumph waft thanks to the oil mist on the headers :x but did everything else pretty well.

One bike I can't wait to take on a CDT though - is still to be built. The granddaddy of the ZRX........now that will be fun up Mt Darragh with 16" tyres !! :shock:
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby Six Addict » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:49 pm

Gosling1 wrote:
Strika wrote:...... Not much else can tame all that Horsepower Gos. :) Mate, I'm still smiling everytime I think about riding the Pearl. Older bikes rock. Far more er..... enagaging..... to ride!!! :)......

yeh the old girl puts out a lot !! :lol: it is still my favourite bike in the stable by far. So much character .......and if it could only talk, what tales she could tell.....

One thing from last years CDT which I was really happy about - was the way I could just sit of Nelso's shoulder as we pegged down the Princes Hwy - just drop down a gear as I watched him set up to overtake - and peel out with his Rex and just overtake......well anything really :lol: :lol: the old girl might have had a classic Triumph waft thanks to the oil mist on the headers :x but did everything else pretty well.

One bike I can't wait to take on a CDT though - is still to be built. The granddaddy of the ZRX........now that will be fun up Mt Darragh with 16" tyres !! :shock:

pricks, bastards and arseholes the lot of ya :cry:
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati
State: New South Wales

Postby Strika » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:26 am

Gosling1 wrote:

Stop rubbing it in Gos. I'm still gobsmacked that the old girl's still with you, let alone that she still puts out a lot for you!!!! :) :)
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Previous

Return to Z, ZRX, ER6 & other nakeds