Switch to full style
Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!
Post a reply

Re: We love our ZRX's

Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Phil wrote:
Wattie wrote:Haha i just noticed you have the see through engine cover Phil haha
So you can see how dirty your oil is ;-)

You mean how clean your oil is? So, you agree thats it's a functional mod? Nelso didnt beleive me ;) :lol:

The line between functional and non-functional bling has been blurred. :lol:

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:48 pm

Very nice rides fellas. Just quickly the seat on the one with gold forks. Is that a custom job ? What's it like compared to say a Corbin or sargent. Not a massive fan of the stock seat on mine and looking to change.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:55 pm

It is a stock seat I I had re-done by VCM, whilst it works well there some things about the appearance that could be better :roll: . It is covered in real leather, thats works brilliantly. It has extra padding to raise the seat height and increase the seat to peg distance - that works well. Over all it does what I want.

I dont know how it would compare as I havent used a Corbin or Sargent, it did sit one (think it was a Corbin) and it locked you into one position that I wasnt keen on.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:12 pm

A mate was telling me Moorhouse seats have shut. Pity coz I was hoping to get one. :(

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:52 pm

great pics...love the rex!
whats with the side stand?
any info on the round headlight mod, would like to do this to mine.
Paul.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:13 pm

ELRep wrote:whats with the side stand?

It's an aluminium one from ZRXOA. Mine is anodized black and longer than standard to suit flipped eccentrics.
Attachments
P1030652.JPG
P1030652.JPG (95.66 KiB) Viewed 5424 times

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:16 pm

With optional grass Nelso..... :weedman:

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:32 am

Sidestand is from Jason7019 on the ZRXOA, he also does the superb mirrors and many other parts.

Round headlight mod I am not sure about, from memory there are several that work including the ZR7, some of the guys on the ZRXOA have bigger lights from Suzuki GSX's. I am pretty sure this one wasa purchased from eBay and required stronger globes etc as it was as good as holding up a candle.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Those golden things!! *drools*
Nice looking bikes there :)

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:03 pm

kawadave wrote:With optional grass Nelso..... :weedman:

Yeah, that was after our garage was flooded. :x I was lucky it stopped just under the crackcase breather, but the bike still had to be stripped and regreased to make sure there was no damage. :cry:

Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:07 pm

Nice work on both bikes, lookin' good :supz:

Swingarm going on any time soon Phil :?: :?: :?:

Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:11 pm

J-rex wrote:Swingarm going on any time soon Phil :?: :?: :?:

I hope so, but in all honesty I have a fair few things on right now......mostly bloody assignments for my Diploma I am doing :( Also, my mate who is going to help me is FTFB with work, so it will depend on when he has a free day.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:28 pm

I would love to have my old ZRX still sitting in my garage. I do miss it so. :>( :oops:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:21 am

I warned you S-man..... :)

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:16 pm

Yeah I know strika. But I do like the ninja 1000, it just hasnt got the soul of the ZRX thats all, it does pretty much everything better..
Last edited by s man on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post a reply