Changing fuel line tip...get the alternator out first!

Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!

Changing fuel line tip...get the alternator out first!

Postby bonester » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Had a rattle in the left side of the engine, which I read on ZRXOA that it could be loose bolt on the alternator shaft, which it was. Next to no loctite on it and pretty damned loose. Coincidentally I wanted to change the fuel line coz it had perished up near the tap (again) and I had ordered a new genuine fuel line (it has a kink in it cos there is a fair bend to go through under the carbs- thus wanting genuine not just any old fuel line). Maybe I am just too rough removing the line from the tank, I dunno.
Anywho the idea came to me to try and change the fuel line while the alternator was out coz there was a whole lot more room and nearly enough access to change the fuel line. Managed to replace the line back in place coz I thought the dealer ordered me the correct part and I removed my fuel line. Wish I hadn't. The dealer ordered me the breather rather than the fuel line, which I had already waited on backorder and of course so is the fuel line. Another 3 week wait. Phoned dealer and they took a bit of convincing that the part they had ordered was the breather not the fuel line.....
Anyway long story short while still a stuff around it is possible to change the fuel line this way rather than pull the carbs to change it. Those who have done it on a ZRX would know what a pain in the cock it is. About 15 bolts and the alternator is out. :lol:
2 X ZRX1200R 4 X ER6N, GT550, 1988 ZX-10, 4 X GPZ250R, 4 X GPZ900R and GPZ750R :) Yeah I like Kawasakis.
bonester
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Return to Z, ZRX, ER6 & other nakeds