looking for Z750 advise

Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!

looking for Z750 advise

Postby bikelessgirl » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:12 pm

Hey,

I am looking at buying a late model z750. I just need some advise on what to look for, are there any common problems? Also how easy are they to find parts for? Say for instance the rear sets, are they interchangable with other kawasakis like the ninjas?

I have owned a honda cbr250rr and an R1, so I'm pretty keen to try out a kawasaki now :D
bikelessgirl

Bike: Suzuki
State: South Australia

Re: looking for Z750 advise

Postby Neka79 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:03 pm

hmm the z750..... little brother of my 1000...

the arse end is off a 03/04 zx6r..so aftermarket gear is available for that... lights and such.... i havent seen a huge amount of gear for the 750, but im sure if u look really hard....

that being said..depends what ur talking abt parts wise?? ..rearsets u can get generic ones as a last choice, have a look on ebay ...

oh..an R1 to a z750 is from an orange to a watermelon... not that nakeds arent fun, they are just different....

how long did u have the R1??

oh..seems like a good excuse to put up a pic...
Attachments
DSC00251.JPG
The zed..
DSC00251.JPG (76.12 KiB) Viewed 6158 times
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
1996 VS series 2 S pak Ute
Neka79
Extreme Post Whore :-)

Bike: Z900

Postby bikelessgirl » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:26 am

unfortunatly I wont get any kind of payout from insurance on the r1 for at least 21 days, and my cbr250rr was up for sale before the r1 was stolen, and so I have gone from 2 bikes to none in less than a week. I had the r1 nearly a year, but the cbr for nearly 3 years. So now i just have the push bike to get around on, and it's more of an off road bike so it sucks on the road. I don't have that much money as i wasn't planning to be without a bike so the z750 looks like it might be a great option (read: i can afford it ;) ).

I definatly want a naked bike though, as riding around in hundreds of $$$ worth of fairing always made me too scared i was going to scratch or damage them. I figure if i get this then i wont get pissed off if i drop it, like i did with the cbr only a few weeks after getting a new paint job :(

Thanx for your help, i will look around for some rearsets on e-bay, failing that I was thinking about drawing some up and getting a friend to make them so i can scimp on that too. hehehehe
bikelessgirl

Postby robracer » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:16 am

Have had no Prob's with my 05 Model & mrstompy on this forum owned it before me with no hassles either, They are a great commuter & im sure you will have a ball on one, there is plenty of gear available for these including rearsets seat humps & all manner of bling.
As Neka said its like chalk & cheese between an R1 & a three quater zeddy I also have a ZX10 & that is a rocket ship compared to my daily ride :roll: one thing is for sure you will have fun fun fun :lol: oh & The engine is pokey enough to get you outta trouble & into it if you are that way inclined :twisted:
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby red_dave » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:40 am

red_dave
Team Kuda
Team Kuda

Bike: ZX6R
State: Queensland

Postby kt750 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:44 pm

Hey bikelessgirl,

not sure where abouts are you. but if you are anywhere near the sydney city, go have a chat with Nick at flywheels (Alexandria) to see if you can hook up a new z750.... http://www.flywheels.com.au...
kt + 750 = Kwaka Z750 Rider
kt750
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Z750

Postby mick_dundee » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:54 pm

Neka Neka Neka, the nick is bikelessGIRL and you haven't even tried picking her up yet, must be the ring thing scared you off has it? :D Been looking at a Z750 myself incidentally, now kinda thinking about GSXF 740, can be had brand spanking new for $10g....
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

State: Victoria

Re: looking for Z750 advice

Postby Ratmick » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:01 pm

mick_dundee wrote:Been looking at a Z750 myself incidentally, now kinda thinking about GSXF 740, can be had brand spanking new for $10g....
Mate mate mate mate maaaaaaaaaaaaate you've gone from a heavy old-school water-cooled carb'ed bike to a heavy old-school air-cooled carb'ed slightly larger bike which is farking ugly as a hat full of arseholes (incidentally probably why it's $10k, they can't shift the buggers) AND a Suzuki :shock:. At least the ZZR was nice-looking in a retro early 90s sort of way and probably not lacking a lot in the HP department on the Suzuki.

...If you're going down the road to rack and ruin on a Suzuki, you may as well buy a Honda. I can do you a good deal on a Hornet and I'll buy the Z750 on your behalf 8).

Mate stop the madness and go the Z750, you know you want to 8).

...really, if it rocks your boat go the Suzuki, just expect a whaling every time you post!
Ratmick
Team Hornet

Bike: Other Kawi

Postby Neka79 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:19 pm

mick_dundee wrote:Neka Neka Neka, the nick is bikelessGIRL and you haven't even tried picking her up yet, must be the ring thing scared you off has it? :D Been looking at a Z750 myself incidentally, now kinda thinking about GSXF 740, can be had brand spanking new for $10g....

have a bit of faith mate..im building up to it :P

and as for the gsxf....EWWWW horrible shit.... yuck...
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
Neka79

Re: looking for Z750 advice

Postby Ratmick » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:04 pm

Neka79 wrote:and as for the gsxf....EWWWW horrible shit.... yuck...
I agree. I pass one every morning parked on the footpath in front of a building in-between me and the station. They are the ugliest bike I have ever clapped my eyes on for a long long time :shock:.

Mick
Ratmick
Team Hornet

Bike: Other Kawi

Postby mick_dundee » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:17 pm

I've yet to see it in the flesh but if that's the case it might well explain their cost :D
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

Postby esie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:05 pm

bikelessgirl,

the Z750 is a heap of fun in the twisties, and light and maneoverable on the daily commute. You will notice a big difference between an R1 and a Z750 though!
Cheers,
Anne

Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
esie
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z1000
State: Queensland

Postby jewjew » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:00 am

I love my Z750 :)

The only thing i would suggest is if you are commuting, get your dealer to swap your tyres over before you get the bike, i am looking at some Metzler Z6 or Metzler M3 roads. The qualifier's you get step out easily on wet roads or hot tar snakes, whicfh means the bike is only really good for average days. When i told my dealer he said he would have changed them over if i had asked.

Does anyone know if the oem huggers and eliminator kits are available yet?
jewjew
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: GPz900

Postby Neka79 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:37 pm

jewjew wrote:I love my Z750 :)

The only thing i would suggest is if you are commuting, get your dealer to swap your tyres over before you get the bike, i am looking at some Metzler Z6 or Metzler M3 roads. The qualifier's you get step out easily on wet roads or hot tar snakes, whicfh means the bike is only really good for average days. When i told my dealer he said he would have changed them over if i had asked.

Does anyone know if the oem huggers and eliminator kits are available yet?

didnt kno they had an OEM tailtidy, but u can get one at ..www.ratedrparts.com for abt $60...not sure abt hugger, mine already had one...
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
Neka79

Return to Z, ZRX, ER6 & other nakeds