ZRX impressions

Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!

Postby Phil » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:29 am

plane wrote:I've got a set of tail risers on mine...

how does that work ? is it something to do with the linkages ??

any photos ??
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby plane » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:24 pm

Phil wrote:

any photos ??

They are a 25mm spacer that mounts between the bottom of the shock and the swingarm.

Cheers,
Pete
Live Fast, Die Sideways
plane
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZRX
State: Queensland

Postby Phil » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:31 pm

plane wrote:
Phil wrote:

any photos ??

They are a 25mm spacer that mounts between the bottom of the shock and the swingarm.

Cheers,
Pete

cool, where do i get them ??

picking the bike up tonight.....only 2 weeks or so till burky and adel get to see its taillight :lol: :wink:
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby plane » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:40 pm

I bought mine on Ebay from France!

They were listed as an ER5 part.

Cheers,
Pete
Live Fast, Die Sideways
plane
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby balanse » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:45 pm

Hows the stability at speed with these things?

I have only tried slipping the forks thru about 10mm and it has set up a small weave at high speed (very) which wasn't there before.

Haven't been game enough to flip the adjusters 'cause it will probably make it worse, but would certainly like it to change direction faster.

Any of this with the risers? Do you run a damper?
Just one more law and everyone will be safe.
balanse
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby plane » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:33 pm

balanse wrote:Hows the stability at speed with these things?

I have only tried slipping the forks thru about 10mm and it has set up a small weave at high speed (very) which wasn't there before.

Haven't been game enough to flip the adjusters 'cause it will probably make it worse, but would certainly like it to change direction faster.

Any of this with the risers? Do you run a damper?

The only real difference that I have noted is that the bike is now very sensitive to tyre pressure and will drop into slow corners if I let the pressures get too low.

Other than that the risers have been a great improvement. I have seen 9500rpm in top with them on and she tracked straight.

I have the forks in the standard position and don't run a damper.

The only other change is that the bike needs a real hoike to get it off the sidestand. That's not too ban a thing though as that, combined with the Corbin seat, deter the wife from riding it!

Cheers,
Pete
Live Fast, Die Sideways
plane
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby TopCat » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:19 pm

Gedday Phil,
I've got a set on my '99, similar to Pete's but a lot more sexy (take 3 way adjustable as a starter !).
I got mine from France, from a contact on the http://www.zrxoa.com site (you've got to visit this daily - a mine of info on everything to do with the REX).
If you're after a fender eliminator - see TED383 on the ZRXOA site - there's a few of us in Melb have this one and its good.
I did about 2,000kms on the KDET trip this Jan with the risers on and I'm not sure I like them. They raise the back end by 25mm in the lowest position (with the eccentrics in the stock position). I had the eccentrics flipped but the chain has more of a tendancy to rub the top of the swing arm (same as a GPZ750 Unitrak I had back in '83). What I didn't like was that the bike tended to fall into the corners faster and probably just needed more manhandling. Anyway I'm not sure why I'm not happy, just know that I'm not happy. That may change with a change from the front Pilot Power to a Metzler (I like Metzlers).
Good luck with the Rex - you'll be grinning from ear to ear after every spin.
Cheers,
Tony
Attachments
DSCF2188.JPG
TopCat

73% of internet statistics are made up on the spot
TopCat
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: Victoria

Postby Phil » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:11 pm

TopCat wrote:Gedday Phil,
I've got a set on my '99, similar to Pete's but a lot more sexy (take 3 way adjustable as a starter !).
I got mine from France, from a contact on the http://www.zrxoa.com site (you've got to visit this daily - a mine of info on everything to do with the REX).
If you're after a fender eliminator - see TED383 on the ZRXOA site - there's a few of us in Melb have this one and its good.
I did about 2,000kms on the KDET trip this Jan with the risers on and I'm not sure I like them. They raise the back end by 25mm in the lowest position (with the eccentrics in the stock position). I had the eccentrics flipped but the chain has more of a tendancy to rub the top of the swing arm (same as a GPZ750 Unitrak I had back in '83). What I didn't like was that the bike tended to fall into the corners faster and probably just needed more manhandling. Anyway I'm not sure why I'm not happy, just know that I'm not happy. That may change with a change from the front Pilot Power to a Metzler (I like Metzlers).
Cheers,
Tony

cheers Tony, i just registered on the zrxoa, two of m,y mates that purchased 11's are on there on the double figures :shock: now there are 8000 odd :shock: :shock:

it will take me a while to find my way around, but i've got to get some shirts :wink:
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby hoffy » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:57 pm

Phil wrote:
TopCat wrote:Gedday Phil,
Cheers,
Tony

cheers Tony, i just registered on the zrxoa, two of m,y mates that purchased 11's are on there on the double figures :shock: now there are 8000 odd :shock: :shock:

it will take me a while to find my way around, but i've got to get some shirts :wink:

fark...I used to live on there, great bunch of guys :)
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Bike: Z1000
State: New South Wales

Postby Strika » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:31 pm

Phil...I wouldn't worry that you go too high in the rear. those things are slower than a Harley to steer from std! I would run the eccentrics in the lower possy AND hike the arse up again a bit with those shock mounts.

Don't listen to Balanse mate!! He's one of those weirdos who used to run a KX500 as a road race bike. So he will think anything this side of a Harley steers too fast!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

As for the other guys with the shock mounts done.......Have you seen those Kishy Strips????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha

Postby Phil » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:35 am

Strika wrote:.Have you seen those Kishy Strips????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats one mod i wont be having, havent had them on any bike so far - dont intend to start now :wink: :lol: :lol:
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby Burky » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:36 pm

Phil wrote:
plane wrote:
Phil wrote:

any photos ??

Cheers,
Pete

cool, where do i get them ??

picking the bike up tonight.....only 2 weeks or so till burky and adel get to see its taillight :lol: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh Shit he ain't kidding :oops: :oops:

Will be good to see you back on 2 wheels anyway Phil, even if it is only the tail light as it flies around the corner :roll:
"I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here"
Burky
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Postby balanse » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:26 pm

Strika wrote:Don't listen to Balanse mate!!

HEY :!: I wasn't giving any advice here..

and would you stop putting Harley and bikes I own(ed) in the same sentence! :P

That KX did everything fast including steer thebirdman.gif and gave a most erotically satisfactory vibration at the same time. XXsmoker.gif
Just one more law and everyone will be safe.
balanse
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Gosling1 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:28 pm

balanse wrote:.....and gave a most erotically satisfactory vibration at the same time. XXsmoker.gif

:lol: was it like a 80Hz buzz right between the arsecheeks mate ??

:wink:
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby MIKER » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:34 am

having just purchased the ZRX1200R i am very impressed with the Kawi , i have owned many bikes in the past & this ZRX is a jack of all trades , great for two up , touring , twisties , commuting , grunt + . i had a GSX1400 but this ZRX is a much nimbler , better handling , faster bike , did i mention it looks insane IMO .. 8)
MIKER
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: Don't have one

PreviousNext

Return to Z, ZRX, ER6 & other nakeds