ZRX impressions

Z, ZRX, ER & other naked bikes. Get naked in here.!

Postby thumpa » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:34 pm

Well im leaving the ZRX owners club as my bike has officially been written off. Was on my way to work and split up past a couple of cars to get to a spot in traffic when some tool opened his door on me. The edge of the door went right into my radiator and destroyed it along with a whole bunch of other bits and this caused me to fall on to the car next to me.

pics of the damage, the cracked shroud, the door i hit and the car i fell on to;
Attachments
4.JPG
4.JPG (57.66 KiB) Viewed 6326 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (32.57 KiB) Viewed 6326 times
8.JPG
8.JPG (42.21 KiB) Viewed 6326 times
12.JPG
12.JPG (46.36 KiB) Viewed 6325 times
thumpa

Postby Strika » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:38 pm

So what are you getting to replace it?????? :D
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Postby thumpa » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:41 pm

Buying a unit soon but will proly get a chookie after that.
thumpa

Postby thumpa » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:45 pm

I have some ZRX only bits i will be selling from the bike if anyone is interested;

sheepy hollow seat cover - makes long rides sooooo much more comfortable!
original undamaged exhaust system
rear stand pick ups - blue colour
original screen
thumpa

Postby Phil » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:10 pm

thumpa wrote:I have some ZRX only bits i will be selling from the bike if anyone is interested;

original undamaged exhaust system
rear stand pick ups - blue colour
original screen

pity you didnt have a spare kerker meg, i would have snapped that up :wink:
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby thumpa » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:12 pm

you and about 20 others i can think of :P
thumpa

Postby Errol » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:07 am

thumpa wrote:Well im leaving the ZRX owners club as my bike has officially been written off. Was on my way to work and split up past a couple of cars to get to a spot in traffic when some tool opened his door on me. The edge of the door went right into my radiator and destroyed it along with a whole bunch of other bits and this caused me to fall on to the car next to me.

pics of the damage, the cracked shroud, the door i hit and the car i fell on to;

Man,
Very sorry to hear. Do we assume you were uninsured?

There was some crap on a local radio station this week up here about " What if a m/cycle is lane splitting & a car driver drops a ciggie butt on their lap & HAS to open the door?" My immeidiate response " my argument for banning smoking while driving a vehicle"

In your case Thumpa, why DID the car driver open their door?
Back in Black 2001
Once you had BLACK you NEVER go back!
1/4 mile Best MPH 129.47
Best ET 10.747
Errol
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZRX
State: Queensland

Postby billwest » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:52 pm

thumpa wrote:I have some ZRX only bits i will be selling from the bike if anyone is interested;

original screen

Sheep skin: what colour; how much?

Bill.
Don't ride as if you own the road.......
Ride as if you own the bike!

ZZR1200 ('02), FJR1300 ('19).
billwest
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZZR1200
State: Western Australia

Postby thumpa » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:57 am

Errol: I was fully insured, the car was not insured but not my problem as insurance company is fighting for me and pining blame on the driver for his passanger opening the door. There is no doubt that i will cop some blame as i was lane splitting technically but the law also states you cannot open your door in the middle of traffic for any reason WITHOUT checking first. Apparently the passanger thought it was a perfect time to get his jacket out of the door - i dont belive him, but its heresay.

I got a bruise on my chest from the screen, on my arm (maybe from the mirror?) and on my knee (my bad knee at that!) from hitting the engine head.

Way too much damage to repair ecconomically. never mind, i'll just look for another bike but a little smaller than a battle cruiser this time :P
thumpa

Postby thumpa » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:02 am

billwest wrote:

original screen

Sheep skin: what colour; how much?

Bill.

Colour is black. Im asking $140.

In excellent condition.
thumpa

Postby Errol » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:45 pm

thumpa wrote:Errol: I was fully insured, the car was not insured but not my problem as insurance company is fighting for me and pining blame on the driver for his passanger opening the door. There is no doubt that i will cop some blame as i was lane splitting technically but the law also states you cannot open your door in the middle of traffic for any reason WITHOUT checking first. Apparently the passanger thought it was a perfect time to get his jacket out of the door - i dont belive him, but its heresay.

I got a bruise on my chest from the screen, on my arm (maybe from the mirror?) and on my knee (my bad knee at that!) from hitting the engine head.

Way too much damage to repair ecconomically. never mind, i'll just look for another bike but a little smaller than a battle cruiser this time :P

Glad to hear you were insured, good start. Never thought of the ZRX as a Battle Cruiser, but I can see your point :) .
Good to hear the law is on your side, regarding the opening of car-doors in traffic.
Best of luck with your recovery.
Back in Black 2001
Once you had BLACK you NEVER go back!
1/4 mile Best MPH 129.47
Best ET 10.747
Errol
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZRX
State: Queensland

Re: ZRX impressions

Postby MIKER » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:50 am

^^
glad you are o.k. , sorry to see you leave the ZRX .
MIKER
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: Don't have one
State: Victoria

Re:

Postby Neka79 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:37 pm

Phil wrote:i loved that bike and would trade the zeph on one at the drop of a hat, chungys one had an akra full system jet kit and k&n pods, sounded horn.

hahahah things dont change do they?? ... like opinions.... hehehehe

isnt it cool when u get ur wishes??
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
1996 VS series 2 S pak Ute
Neka79
Extreme Post Whore :-)

Bike: Z900
State: South Australia

Re:

Postby Neka79 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:39 pm

thumpa wrote:Errol: I was fully insured, the car was not insured but not my problem as insurance company is fighting for me and pining blame on the driver for his passanger opening the door. There is no doubt that i will cop some blame as i was lane splitting technically but the law also states you cannot open your door in the middle of traffic for any reason WITHOUT checking first. Apparently the passanger thought it was a perfect time to get his jacket out of the door - i dont belive him, but its heresay.

the zed is a slightly smaller version of the zrx..and its still kwaka made...
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
1996 VS series 2 S pak Ute
Neka79

Bike: Z900
State: South Australia

Re: ZRX impressions

Postby thumpa » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:49 am

i kinda want to stay away from litre bikes as the power is too "tempting" for me :P . im looking for something a bit mellow, maybe another dual purpose single 650. I used to ride an '02 aprilia pegaso 650 single and between the two, i think i had more fun on the 650. Upright, dirt bike style, go anywhere, loud thumping pipes ;) and pillion capable. Don't get me wrong, i loved the ZRX too, it was tuned nicely and had an incredible amount of power but it was also an effort to get it out and go for a burn around the block. I dont get a chance to go for a ride that often anymore, i'll be lucky to go out on a good ride once a month!

I think for the time being, my time with fast bikes is gone.
thumpa

PreviousNext

Return to Z, ZRX, ER6 & other nakeds