Z1000H for sale

All Old Skool kawasaki discussion - pre 90's

Z1000H for sale

Postby farmer » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:17 am

there is a z1000H for sale on bikepoint. It is a credit to the owner how good it looks. price is 15 gorillas. I don't know how to do links, maybe someone can .
farmer
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: Z1000
State: Queensland

Re: Z1000H for sale

Postby J.B » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:43 am

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" - Plato
J.B
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZRX

Postby s man » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:53 pm

Very nice, but I'd be looking at a Z1R for that money..
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
s man
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

State: New South Wales

Postby Gosling1 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:37 am

Was discussing this bike with a mate from the Qld Z Owners last night - a few punters from here would know the bloke, Mick from Micks Fix leather repairs - top bloke and also a fellow H owner.......he has owned his for a few years now....

This example on Bikepoint is in really good nick, with the exception of a couple of things. Chainguard is some dodgy ebay chrome thing, the OEM guard is a plastic one. Rear blinkers are not OEM, neither is the seat (or at least the seat cover).

I would love to see this bike in the flesh, the paint looks brand-new !

Only 33 of this model bought into the country over the months of March/April/May 1980. Far rarer than any Z1R - but whether this makes the H more collectable or not ?? It may be a bike that only gets interest from those who know these models ?? I know that heaps of Z owners out there have NFI about the H and lots of uninformed bullshit exists out on the Net about the reliability of the original fuel-injection system....

My take is that this bike would be a great buy at $12k, for $15k it would need to be immaculate 100% OEM no exception.

Having said that - in 20 years time, the value of these bikes will be almost impossible to 2nd-guess....... after all, it is the world's first mass-produced fuel-injected motorcycle. How do you put a price on that ?

:cool:
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby farmer » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:40 pm

How do you put a valuation on this ? past sales ? ( when did you last see one sold )

You can see plenty of 900s asking this sort of money and they made 1000s of them. The rear blinkers look original but have had the long bracket removed. The seat looks like the original pattern . Not all the brochures or ads had the Kawasaki print on the seat. How many bikes still have the original exhaust ? That is worth a bit on its own.

I wish the owner luck with its sale.
farmer
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Gosling1 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:49 pm

farmer wrote:.......How do you put a valuation on this ? past sales ? ( when did you last see one sold )......

thats's my whole point - how do you put a value on a bike as rare as this ? You can't use past sales as any guide, because they rarely come on the market. Generally, the rarer something is, the higher its value. The problem with the H - is that it is so rare and unknown outside of the normal market - that its almost impossible to say what one of these will be worth in 2020. By then - it will be 50 years old and still be the worlds first fuel-injected motorcycle with only 1000 made in total, 33 of which came to Oz.....

farmer wrote:....You can see plenty of 900s asking this sort of money and they made 1000s of them. The rear blinkers look original but have had the long bracket removed. The seat looks like the original pattern . Not all the brochures or ads had the Kawasaki print on the seat. How many bikes still have the original exhaust ? That is worth a bit on its own.

I wish the owner luck with its sale......

I do too. I hope he doesn't get shafted by tyre-kicking mongies who want to beat the price down. Yeh, agree that they ask the same money or more in plenty of cases for the 900's.......you would think that based on the numbers alone, a good original H would have to be worth shitloads more than a 9.......but its never that simple. The H was the very last in a long line that started in 1972, it made the best horsepower out of all the Z series bikes - and you can't break them with an axe.

8)
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby s man » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:40 pm

Stop talking about it Goz, I'll end up buying it & fitting a Z1R fairing on it & have it for a summer Sunday rider !!! :D
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
s man
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

State: New South Wales

Postby Gosling1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:46 pm

s man wrote:......Stop talking about it Goz, I'll end up buying it & fitting a Z1R fairing on it & have it for a summer Sunday rider !!! :D......

Just buy it Steve !!! :lol: then you could be as cool as this bloke ;)

:kuda: :kuda:
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby tim » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:04 pm

:D
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim